Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I'm trying to upload a photo.

Wolf-Boy
Go to solution Solved by SCS,

Whenever I try to upload a photo, the "choose file" button is grayed and it won't let me choose anything. Same with when I was trying to change my avatar. Is it because I'm on an iPad, or is it something else?

• Brohoof 1

Hello!

Try using the classic uploader. There's a hyperlink bellow where you normally upload files from your computer to do just that. If you're still having trouble, your Ipad may be the case.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The forums hates iOS. I used to browse the forums using my iPod, and it was nowhere near the quality of browsing via a computer.

Try going to http://www.postimage.com, and uploading the image there. Then copy the "Direct Link" of the image.

Where you want to put your image, type [.img] (without the period) and then paste the link. Type [./img] (again, without the period) and voila! You have uploaded an image!

Changing your avatar from an iDevice is really something else. I wouldn't even bother trying it, just wait until you have access to a computer.

Hope I could help!

Edited by Art Streak

I have here 2 solutions for you:

Maybe the problem on the ipad is that "the images"  are too big

1. Ipad apps

ImagesHack (uploads images and creates link)

Image Resizer (Resizes image)

2. The slow but other way

1. Goto imgur or tinypic or imageshack

2. choose your image you want to upload

3. wait until its done

4. copy the url

Tell me if it works.

~Dextronmatrix

I also use a iDevice, but it allows me to upload pictures from my library. It may depend on what browser you use(I use Mercuary). Just try to upload on computers, it's much easier.

• Brohoof 2

Reset your browser on the ipad. If that doesn't work use the classic image uploader. If that doesn't work, then their is something wrong. But, when you have a chance use the computer intstead. I go on my laptop to upload.

(edited)

Hey there, @Wolf-Boy! My guess is that when you tried to upload attachments, you had not yet reached the number of posts required to be a full member. To quote Feld0's welcoming announcement:

Muffins can have 100 MB of attachments, store up to 100 private messages, use the blogging system and participate in roleplays.

Full members are able to access the debate section, store up to 250 private messages and upload unlimited attachments.

You should be able to upload attachments now, since you are now a full member. However, if you are still having problems with this, please send me a private message, and I will unlock your topic.

Edited by SCS
  • Brohoof 1