Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sami's friendship thread

Sami Calden

So I've been wondering about everypony here, and their close friendships. What do you guys consider to be the most important things? To me a friend is someone who accepts, and cares about you. Someone who looks out for you even when they know you are completely wrong, or making a jerk out of yourself. Not to say they would side with you if you where being irrational, but would make shure you where safe, and that your emotional needs where met, even if they didn't understand, or disagreed. I like to share common interests, because even if you like a person for who they are, you have to have things in common, or things get boring real quick :P

Do you live up to your own expectations as a friend?

The answer for me is probably no, but I try hard to change that.

My best brony friend is Crimson sky btw....

I apologize in advanced for the unorganized structure of this thread starter but it's my first topic since I introduced myself... I hope it doesn't suck.

Hey no offense, but with the lack of ponies and all this thread is more appropriate for the Everfree Forest. *Throws thread at Jonke*

Now, on topic, I'd say that the best quality for a good friend, is just for them to be helpful when you need it. Someone who's willing to lend an ear when you just want to babble at somepony about your problems. Of course spending quality time with friends is always nice, it's not what makes them a good friend. I can play TF2 with just about anyone, but how many friends would show up at my bedside in a hospital if I were ill? Not many, maybe one that I have in real life.

• Brohoof 1

To me, the best quality in a friend is someone who will never judge you too harshly and will put up with your mistakes. Also they have to be willing to try out some of the same things you like, even if they don't think they'll like it. They have to be willing to share there problems and talk with you about how to fix both their problems and yours. Friendship is complex and takes a lot of effort, but its totally worth the payoff.

P.S. Don't worry about the structure of this thread, Sami. Its a really good idea and can provide some useful insite into what we all value in a true friend.

Edited by super muffin derpy506

A best friend for me is the one who stays at our side at the worst of times. Even when we have nothing to give back to them. Posted Image

If they don't give a damn whether you got wicked amount of cash or in the middle of blood-sucking debt.

If they stayed at our side even when we got AIDS or struck down with any kind of terminal disease

Then, I can say that they're my bestfriends

Which I got none /sad

• Brohoof 2

To me, a friend is somepony who will stay by your side through everything you throw at them. A friend is somepony who no matter what you say or do they will always love you for who you are, and help you be a better person.

Like Sami. ^^

Edited by Crimson Sky
  • Brohoof 1

I think a true friend is someone who loves/cares about you (in a platonic way if you're not in a romantic relationship) and will not leave you in spite of most things. They will accept you with open arms, be concerned and ask: "What's wrong?" when they notice you acting not yourself, and they won't just call you because they want something.They'll call you just because they want to talk to you, and genuinely enjoy your presence. If you're not around, they'll wonder: "Where is this person? I miss them." A true friend is someone who feels connected to you beyond the scale of most casual relationships, and they'll stay with you for a very long time.

• Brohoof 1

I think a true friend is someone who loves/cares about you (in a platonic way if you're not in a romantic relationship) and will not leave you in spite of most things. They will accept you with open arms, be concerned and ask: "What's wrong?" when they notice you acting not yourself, and they won't just call you because they want something.They'll call you just because they want to talk to you, and genuinely enjoy your presence. If you're not around, they'll wonder: "Where is this person? I miss them." A true friend is someone who feels connected to you beyond the scale of most casual relationships, and they'll stay with you for a very long time.

Pretty much my thoughts on the subject. I have plenty of good friends, but only two or three that I would say fit into this category. And one just moved to Florida :(

A true friend, a close friend, a best friend: Someone who is there for you when you need them most. Someone who won't let you down. Someone who both cares about your well being and respects you. Someone who can bring a smile to your face no matter the circumstance. A friend won't turn his/her back on you. I have a friend like that, through thick and thin he's been there when I've needed him, even when I've taken him for granted. (I gotta stop writing stuff like this while I am listening to a string of really slow bases and fairly sad songs on my playlist :( )