Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Travelling Convention?

Norman

So if It's a travelling convention, have we heard any word as to the next location of the convention? Any speculation?

I'd like to see it in the East Coast (Nova Scotia would be a dream :P) but I think Toronto would be the best place for it, because you can easily get there from most places in Canada (cheaper flights). 

Any thoughts?

(edited)

I'm aware that the "traveling con" idea was tossed around by other staff once or twice elsewhere, but unfortunately, we do not plan to be a traveling convention at this time. We chose Vancouver / Richmond as the location for BronyCAN as that is where MLP:FiM is produced at DHX Media; as such, most of the animators, voice actors, storyboard artists, and composers whose work we've come to admire all live in Vancouver and it would make for rather easy (and inexpensive!) arrangements to bring special guests on board. :)

Edited by Senn555
  • Brohoof 2

A traveling convention would be really cool, and I recall reading about that somewhere really long ago; but as a Vancouverite myself, it's very difficult for me to attend ponycons outside of driving distance.

Maybe it's a bit selfish of me to say this, but I'm personally happy to see that the plan is to keep BronyCAN in the general Vancouver area, because that makes it easy for me to come back next year! :P

CANterlot is trying to get going over in Toronto, so please support them too! If we can get one on each coast, then we just have to find a third group of crazy people to take the middle. ;)

• Brohoof 1

I'm aware that the "traveling con" idea was tossed around by other staff once or twice elsewhere, but unfortunately, we do not plan to be a traveling convention at this time. We chose Vancouver / Richmond as the location for BronyCAN as that is where MLP:FiM is produced at DHX Media; as such, most of the animators, voice actors, storyboard artists, and composers whose work we've come to admire all live in Vancouver and it would make for rather easy (and inexpensive!) arrangements to bring special guests on board. :)

I see. This clarifies things a lot, thanks. Unfortunately this means this will be my only BronyCAN ever, most likely but I'll try and make it to CANterlot next year.

At first I thought the idea of a traveling convention would be cool, but after a while of realizing how much money that would cost, it would be ridiculous expensive.

I don't mean to sound selfish as well, but I am really glad BronyCAN is staying in the Vancouver area.

• 4 weeks later...

I was saddened slightly that BronyCAN was going to be in BC, considering that I have been in the Facebook group and chatting with the admins and organizers and stuff since I first joined the group, and I have been wanting to be able to go really badly since then.

It's alright because the mailing lists that went out for carpooling were a very very good idea. I carpooled to bronycon (which I just got back from) with my 4 friends from my area which we've been doing for the past 2 years. Hopefully a (many) bus(es) going from Montreal to BC can be an option for the future? Should be fun!

Good luck to everyone on staff at BronyCAN, I wish I was more help when you were taking on team members! :)

CANterlot... my body is ready.

Personally, me being a BC boy, I am glad to hear it is for sure going to be located in the Vancouver area, since it is tougher to go to the cons in the east and such, so this makes it more possible to attend it one year, way less hassle!

• Brohoof 1