Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Teaming up with BronyCAN!

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Word on the street has it that Canada's first pony forum is teaming up with Canada's first pony convention...  :catface:

BronyCAN small banner.png

That's right! It's my pleasure to announce that Poniverse is now officially partners with BronyCAN! We're hosting their official forum right here on MLP Forums and are placing an ad on our front page to give this wonderful convention some well-deserved exposure. In return, we'll get a similar space on their site and a full page of their con book all to ourselves.

Having met Jay and Silvershock from the BronyCAN team during my weekend at Everfree Northwest, I'm thrilled to be working with them to bring the brony community together. They have some really cool stuff planned, including a charity auction with a fun twist (which they're now seeking submissions for); and the con will be held right across town from Poniverse Home Base, so I'll be attending it both days.

See you there!

• Brohoof 23

(edited)

I don't post very often here anymore (a shame, I know!) usually due to being very busy, but those of you keeping tabs on the BronyCAN related threads here for some time probably already know that I am on their Public Relations staff, and I have been on the team since late April. BronyCAN's con chair is a local friend of mine whom I hang out / talk with all the time and he is nothing but amazing. :) Rest assured that you are in good hands!

We also have some more exciting announcements coming down the pipeline, with one of them coming up *very* soon...

Aside from the website and our new subforum, you can also keep tabs on our activity at our Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr social media outlets:

http://twitter.com/BronyCAN

http://www.facebook.com/BronyCAN

http://ask-bronycan.tumblr.com/

Edited by Senn555
  • Brohoof 7

Looks like Poniverse...

Has walked into the BEAVERverse!

YEAHHHHHHHHHH

also ew alicorn OC

Great, now my thread joking about that is destroyed. :| Oh well. Anyway, I hope some BronyCAN guys run over here, so I can welcome them.

Sounds great! I can't go as usual, but BronyCan sounds awesome too.. Feld0 can you please take like 200 pictures for me? Oh and this is a great way to make more people see MLP Forums c:

I WANT TO GO D:

I actually live closer to Canada than to Baltimore. Oh wells, maybe BronyCon will be in New York soon. I hope you have a lot of fun.

Very good Feld0!  Glad to see that the forums are going to be such a major presence at BronyCAN, which I'm sure will be a spectacular event!  Wish I could go, but sadly British Columbia is a little too far away for me.  Still, hope you and the rest of your fellow Canadian bronies (along with any Pacific Northwest bronies, who I'm guessing would be the only U.S. bronies to attend) have a great time!!!  :muffins:

I WANT TO GO D:

I actually live closer to Canada than to Baltimore. Oh wells, maybe BronyCon will be in New York soon. I hope you have a lot of fun.

lol closer to where in Canada, it's the second largest country in the world!

Baltimore is probably closer, but flights to Baltimore are very expensive. An awful place to hold a CON, if you ask me.

• Brohoof 1

There's no way I could make it this year due to my lack of funds, recent acquisition of employment, and BronyCon coming up (which is only 2 hours or so away from me). I'll start making plans to attend next year though. Maybe I could volunteer to work there, who knows. That was my plan for BronyCon until I joined the staff here.

Best of luck to you guys. Feldbro better take lots of pictures for us.

Baltimore is probably closer, but flights to Baltimore are very expensive. An awful place to hold a CON, if you ask me.

Secaucus was pretty bad too. They're convenient enough that I can drive to them (especially Baltimore), but the areas that have the con centers are dumps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yay! I live in Canada! When is BronyCAN? I really hope that the voice actors (well at least two or three) are there. I can't wait! Yay!!!

BronyCAN is being held Saturday and Sunday, August 24th and 25th, 2013, at the Executive Airport Plaza Hotel and Conference Centre, Richmond, BC.

Do check out our website and our social media for all of the latest updates:

http://bronycan.ca/

https://twitter.com/BronyCAN

https://www.facebook.com/BronyCAN

http://ask-bronycan.tumblr.com/

Okay! I think I might be able to make it! Thank you SOOO much Senn55! :) it really helps. But if I can just get one of my Friends to drive me (because my car broke down).

lol closer to where in Canada, it's the second largest country in the world!

Yup. Baltimore is mostly guns, blood, and gangs. It also is in the top five for most crime in America. I can't believe they chose Baltimore, and not a safer city like Portland or somewhere in Maine...

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

I realize this event has happened, but if they run it again in Richmond/Vancouver next year, here's some info:

Richmond is a suburb of Vancouver. Its sort of an island/silt deposit where a big river meets the ocean. You will not be out in the woods, and you will not see any bears. Many asians have immigrated there since the policy was opened up after 1986, and so there is a large Chinese population.

If you are attending, expect prices to be much higher than you're used to--unless you live in NY or CA. Pub beer will be at least $6-7 a pint. Alcohol is not available in every store like it is in the US: it is sold by licensed provincial (state) stores only. You cannot buy it in gas stations, WalMart etc. and the provincial stores are closed on Sunday and at 11PM. Many pubs or bars will have a licensed "cold beer & wine store" attached to them, though, which are open on Sundays. Note the closing time of 11PM. Bars/pubs/restaurants will generally continue to serve until 2AM. I don't drink, but have friends who do: so if you do, plan ahead.

There are many suburbs of Vancouver, all around it in a huge valley & plain, and there are a lot of bridges and one highway. So traffic can get terrible at times. But since you are going all the way to Richmond, I strongly recommend doing something to get out and see the area. There are lots of mountains right there and great views. Lots and lots of restaurants. The Vancouver area is a big place. If you can get to Downtown Vancouver, there are plenty of restaurants that charge a reasonable meal fee (around $10-12) to get you in there, because they will break even on that but make money on drinks.

If you do go outside, expect to see many more cyclists than you're used to. Even though the Vancouver area is hilly, people like to exercise and bikes are not just for people who cannot afford a car.

The official hotel seems to be sold out. There are many other hotels around, but do expect them to cost more than you are used to. 

Any feedback from attendees?

Edited by MyLittleBrony