Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How to buy pony toys without looking weird.

Sergios117

If anyone is really that afraid to just walk in and buy something for yourself without anyone judging you then just buy it online ;P

But seriously there's nothing be afraid of. Who cares what anyone thinks of you? It's not like the cashier is going to hunt you down for buying kid toys, plus it's not like its illegal to buy merchandise from a store ;P Everyone will most likely assume the thing you're buying isn't for you and will just move along like you're buying something for someone else. 

If you're lucky then maybe other bronies will spot you buying MLP merchandise and you can get together and become BIST FRANDS FIVE EVAR!

If anyone is really that afraid to just walk in and buy something for yourself without anyone judging you then just buy it online ;P

But seriously there's nothing be afraid of. Who cares what anyone thinks of you? It's not like the cashier is going to hunt you down for buying kid toys, plus it's not like its illegal to buy merchandise from a store ;P Everyone will most likely assume the thing you're buying isn't for you and will just move along like you're buying something for someone else. 

If you're lucky then maybe other bronies will spot you buying MLP merchandise and you can get together and become BIST FRANDS FIVE EVAR!

I actually saw a brony in the MLP isle and we actually became pretty good friends. He comes over and we usually play Xbox together. If you want to make some brony friends try standing in the MLP isle and wait till they come lol, its like fishing for bronies xD

• Brohoof 1

I myself have created a revolutionary process for purchasing pony merchandise.

1. Find pony merchandise.
  2. Select the item or items you wish to purchase.
  3. Take said items.
  4. Depart from area of display.
  5. Purchase items.
  6. Depart from point of sale.

(edited)

I grabbed several friends, we ran in with mask, and hoodies, went crazy around the store, picked up 6 ponies cause' there were six of us.

Bought it.

Yelled random jibberish and ran out.

Edited by ~Blaze~

Here's what you guys should do when buying pony merch in stores:

Step 1: Burst the door of the store open with a fierce kick in order to show people how manly you are.

Step 2: Grab the fluffiest and most colorful pony in sight with your big-ass man muscles.

Step 3: Proceed to the cashier and stare at them deep in the eyes. It's important to never break eye contact.

Step 4: Whisper in a deep, menacing voice: "I want this pony, and I want it now." The cashier should now be completely terrified of your overwhelming manliness.

Step 5: Upon successfully performing the purchase, grab your newly-acquired masculine pony doll, caress or brush her mane like a boss and leave the store. Sunglasses and explosions should be a nice addition to your manly exit.

Profit.

• Brohoof 6

What I do when I go to toys r us... I usually just get what I want and leave... And if I get questioned, what's it to them... Il do what I want, they should do what they want...

Bring an adult doll with you when you get into the store, ask the doll what she likes and buy them...

Then you'll look not so weird by taking pony toys...

Search for a video that a Japanese live with an adult doll in shanghai for a quite good example~

°ω°

Step 1: Go to the girl's toy aisle, and pick up the pony you want.

Step 2: Go to the counter, give the clerk the toy, and pay the money you owe.

Step 3: haz teh fun tiemz wid ur noo toi

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Here's what you guys should do when buying pony merch in stores:

Step 1: Burst the door of the store open with a fierce kick in order to show people how manly you are.

Step 2: Grab the fluffiest and most colorful pony in sight with your big-ass man muscles.

Step 3: Proceed to the cashier and stare at them deep in the eyes. It's important to never break eye contact.

Step 4: Whisper in a deep, menacing voice: "I want this pony, and I want it now." The cashier should now be completely terrified of your overwhelming manliness.

Step 5: Upon successfully performing the purchase, grab your newly-acquired masculine pony doll, caress or brush her mane like a boss and leave the store. Sunglasses and explosions should be a nice addition to your manly exit.

Profit.

Hmm..

That's a good one and it's useful for some other purchasing too...

Imagine a man bought a bra in this way, he might get a extra free pants. XD

Just joking, this post is so hardcore and hilarious...

I don't have any toys of my own :(

I ventured through the pink isle at Walmart to get a Dashie plush for my little brother, (because I'm such a nice sibling) but I've never bought anything for myself as of yet... And I REALLY want a Fwuttershai plushie, and I WANT IT NOW! *Insert Apple Bloom wanting it now here*

Anyone care to donate a few dozen dollars to the Keiichi Wants A Fwuttershai Plushie charity? ^_^

Easy there...

Hasbro hasn't apply the MLP FiM things to the market in my country, and the international shipping fee from US to PRC is way too much expensive...

And there's no legal homosexual wedding too... FML

Edited by Sleeping_Warrior
  • Brohoof 2

Or you could be a proud brony and go and buy them without caring what other's think. So what if you get weird looks? You're buying toys, it shouldn't matter what complete strangers will think of you; you may never see them again, anyway. 

You, my friend, have got it right. But there still would be a level of butterflies that would conflict with my stomach if I went in public and had to communicate with someone to get a doll of Rarity, a unicorn. A fifteen year old male buying a doll of a unicorn would cause quite a stir in the mind of any neigh-sayer, would it not? But all the respects for you, that reply really is inspirational.

• Brohoof 1

Well, a lot of people are going to think they look weird when buying pony stuff at first...I certainly know I did, at first, hiding DVDs and blind bag ponies in my sweater pockets until I got to the self checkout to quickly scan them, pay, and leave... but eventually, you should just get over it if you really want to keep getting pony stuff. I did, and was able to buy subsequent pony merch pretty confidently, and nowadays I browse the pony toy aisle and cards section pretty much every time I walk into Walmart confidently(although I can't really afford anything atm). Point is, just have confidence, and if you want something just get it! :)

Ive got a much better idea than any of what was listed.

1) Walk in store

2) find aisle with pony stuff

3) Look through at your own leasure

4) Fuck what everyone else near thinks

5) Pick out the toy(s) you want

6) Proceed to pay for toy(s)

7) Repeat #4

8) Go home a happy brony

Seriously, its not that hard. I know from the stupid amount of blind bags ive gotten. I mean, I understand everyone's situation is different, but it really cannot be that hard to just not care about others while buying a toy. If push comes to shove, just make up a little sister/girl relative. Nothing else needed.

For real i just go in and get what i want and not care what people think, if they think I'm weird so what i dont care and by the way no one cares

Rush into the store already the pony in hand and say with a voice so menacingly funny with this sentence' this is a stick up! If you don't give me the pony, then I will hold two pony's, then three!' If that just doesn't work, then just say that you are a spy and there is something in this pony that could save the world!

• Brohoof 1

the best is to go in there and grab the pony toy you want and if you get stared at just stare back if the cashier looks at you funny laughs or ask

you stare at them and shug then just say got a problem then walk out like you dount care

(edited)

Or you could just go in, grab the stuff you need, check out at the counter and leave.
No hassle.
If you *think* you're going to look weird when going out to buy pony toys, you're going to look weird. Period.
It's all about your mentality and what's going on in your head.

Edited by Sickman
  • Brohoof 1

I was buying some stuff pony related and the cashier looked and said "Is this for your daughter or niece?". I said "No, I am buying this for myself, Is there anything strange about it?" I paid for my stuff and walked off not giving a single fuck about what he thought about it

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I normally follow these steps:

1.  Find your merchandise and pick it up

2.  Make your way to the check out isle

3.  Wait in line patiently (if there is a line of course)

4.  Say hello very nicely to the check out lady (or if it's a dude then say sup!?"

5.  Slam the merchandise on the conveyer belt and just look them in the eye (make sure you give them "The Look")

6.  Once you have bought your merchandise, walk outside the store (not to fast and not to slow, just normal as if you are just a regular person)

7.  Make your way to your motor vehicle

8.  Step inside

9.  Lock the doors

10.  Scream with excitement and jump up and down with joy

11.  Go home and repeat step #10

12.  Go back to store and repeat all other steps

Edited by Auxiliary

This is what I do:

Step 1: Go into a toy shop.

Step 2: Look for the pony you want

Step 3: Take it to the cashier.

Step 4: Exchange for money.

Step 5: Leave with your new pony.

I know it's kinda complicated, so if anyone has any questions, feel free to message me. 

If you buy these at a grocery store or supermarket then you could just throw it in with the rest of your food shopping and no one would bat an eyelid.

Espionage.........nice.  No one will ever notice me and my ponies.  You could of course just use the self-check out, but I don't really like those things they always break down on me.

• Brohoof 1

Considering the MLP fan-base consists of quite the diversity of people, I doubt any clerk would be surprised seeing any type of person purchasing products related to the show. Even if some people decide to look at you in a weird way, I don't see that as a reason to stop your activities. You don't need to blow it off with some excuse to make it look like something you're not proud of. It's not like you're buying weed or anything.

Simply pick out the toys you want and go to the counter. If anyone gives you a hard time, tell them to f*** off or you'll get their manager.

Wow........I think you just stated the best way to do it.  My 11 steps post was no mach for your simplistic and truthful answer.  You sir are amazing.

Well it's harsh but it works  :P

But if anyone is giving you trouble, you have a right as a customer to tell them to to stop.You shouldn't be harassed just for shopping.