Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone in School?

Scootadress

Ever since Back-To-School season started (which, for some reason, is rather early this year. I already saw a few Back-to-School commercials when most of the time, in my state, we don't go to school until late August or early September. (For me, August 26, which is great since I'm drawing "blue prints" for designs I'm drawing on each item I'm getting for school other then the pencils and the other items you can't draw on) But, anyways, anyone still in school?  

I've been on the rocks between "anxious" and "I don't give a shit" since I'm starting 11th grade this year and I have an extra gym. (HAHA fuck you gym teacher.) It was all because I didn't know when to do the assignments that they requested. (Homework in gym. Laugh that up please)  It doesn't help that my "motivation" meter died after 10th grade (long story short:My English Teacher was a bitch. She didn't do much and didn't explain much, so I had a D. How she ran things was stupid, and when you argue with it, she docked more.) As well as the fact I have a math packet for summer.

Does anyone have this problem? I think I've been dying when I see my packet. I just can't do it. I forgot Algebra. (In case you didn't know it goes: Algebra--->Geometry--->Algebra II) Honestly forgot about it. 

Im heading into grade 11 too this year. Quite frankly i dont know what to expect but im quite excited. School can be fun if done properly. :P

When done properly. You sir (or madam) don't know my school. Its anything but proper. In fact, the parents come in wearing PJs, the school food is somewhat old, and the teachers are stupid XD.

(They are bad at "driving")

I'm heading to school on August 10th, sadly my birthday aswell. Not looking forward to it, the majority of people there are ridiculously stupid or incredibly full of themselves.

I have school starting August 12th I believe, of course before that I have band camp at the end of the month do yeah.

I'm gonna be a sophomore, I'm starting to feel old xD.

I still need to do summer reading, which sucks because I don't like reading a whole ton, Expecially of the books don't interest me :P.

Oh well.

Do you plan to go to college after high school? Because let me tell you right now that if you think your teachers don't teach, then wait till you enter college where most professors expect you to teach yourself 50% of the material. For the majority of college though your actually going to classes more than you do now in high school so enjoy what you have now because college is fun, but man I would give anything to re do high school.

To be honest I always take the "my teacher hates me is why a got a bad grade" excuse with a grain of salt because In most cases the person who got that grade earned the grade they got by not putting the effort into the class (which is your fault not the teachers) and usually the teacher is angry at you because you are being lazy ( I hate lazy people too so I understand where they're coming from). I have yet to see a teacher give a grade they didn't 'deserve', but I also wouldn't be surprised to see it happen (although it is highly unlikely)

For your math packet I understand your frustration it can be really tough when you haven't continued to practice the subject material for awhile. You tend to forget simple applications ( it happens to everyone). The biggest rule in Algebra though is that "Whatever you do to one side you do to the other!" Usually that will get you through the majority of Algebra even up to Calculus.

If you need help with math I'd be more than willing to lend you my knowledge of math (I'm in Calc 2 right now but I'm pretty confident about my algebra and geometry skills) if you want me to teach you the mechanics and tutor you from the packet.

• Brohoof 3

I'm starting 10th grade next year. :3
I'm stuck between "I can do this! Keep your head high, Shota!" to "Oh my glob I cant do this i'm so scared! *sucks thumb*" 
I'm a nervous wreck. :'(

In the next month, I'll be going to college, going to be a college student now!

Yesterday, I got to be registered and managed to pick my classes for the semester.

Now, I'm in a combination of anxiety, nervousness, and a bit of shyness.

But I've been through worse, so hopefully things will go better than high school. ;)

Do you plan to go to college after high school? Because let me tell you right now that if you think your teachers don't teach, then wait till you enter college where most professors expect you to teach yourself 50% of the material. For the majority of college though your actually going to classes more than you do now in high school so enjoy what you have now because college is fun, but man I would give anything to re do high school.

To be honest I always take the "my teacher hates me is why a got a bad grade" excuse with a grain of salt because In most cases the person who got that grade earned the grade they got by not putting the effort into the class (which is your fault not the teachers) and usually the teacher is angry at you because you are being lazy ( I hate lazy people too so I understand where they're coming from). I have yet to see a teacher give a grade they didn't 'deserve', but I also wouldn't be surprised to see it happen (although it is highly unlikely)

For your math packet I understand your frustration it can be really tough when you haven't continued to practice the subject material for awhile. You tend to forget simple applications ( it happens to everyone). The biggest rule in Algebra though is that "Whatever you do to one side you do to the other!" Usually that will get you through the majority of Algebra even up to Calculus.

If you need help with math I'd be more than willing to lend you my knowledge of math (I'm in Calc 2 right now but I'm pretty confident about my algebra and geometry skills) if you want me to teach you the mechanics and tutor you from the packet.

Its only those two classes actually. English class the teacher really didn't do much. (Other then give out materials and seriously say "have at it". She never actually said much on the subject, but I never really "failed" English. Its the first time ever I had that grade in English. I'm determined, but it was just something.....I'm not the only one who got low grades in her class, which is why they fired her. They learned the way she taught things and what she did so they fired her ^^" As for Gym...She just never stated when the assignments were due or if we should do them. (I'll know the day of.  :mellow:  Not fair) I'll agree mostly when I hear people say that, most of the time its their fault. I did my work..I read the books..why I get no good grade?!  :angry:    Sorry, I rage quit for a moment.

Anyway, thanks for that! If I need a tutor I'll ask you. (No family member of mine can do math :( )

I'm starting 10th grade next year. :3

I'm stuck between "I can do this! Keep your head high, Shota!" to "Oh my glob I cant do this i'm so scared! *sucks thumb*" 

I'm a nervous wreck. :'(

I have school starting August 12th I believe, of course before that I have band camp at the end of the month do yeah.

I'm gonna be a sophomore, I'm starting to feel old xD.

I still need to do summer reading, which sucks because I don't like reading a whole ton, Expecially of the books don't interest me :P.

Oh well.

If you both want advice ask me! I just got out of 10th. Its not really hard. 

• Brohoof 1

Its only those two classes actually. English class the teacher really didn't do much. (Other then give out materials and seriously say "have at it". She never actually said much on the subject, but I never really "failed" English. Its the first time ever I had that grade in English. I'm determined, but it was just something.....I'm not the only one who got low grades in her class, which is why they fired her. They learned the way she taught things and what she did so they fired her ^^" As for Gym...She just never stated when the assignments were due or if we should do them. (I'll know the day of. :mellow: Not fair) I'll agree mostly when I hear people say that, most of the time its their fault. I did my work..I read the books..why I get no good grade?! :angry: Sorry, I rage quit for a moment.

Anyway, thanks for that! If I need a tutor I'll ask you. (No family member of mine can do math :( )

If you both want advice ask me! I just got out of 10th. Its not really hard.

Hehe thanks! I'll try to remember if I do need any really.

The biggest thing that concerns me really for 10th right now is biology, and that's due to my fear of all things gutsy and gory, I seriously cannot stand stuff like that, so if we have to do dissections or something where I have to look at guts, I'm gonna be looking for a way out, or I'll be screwed.

Hopefully my teacher is nice, id rather that teacher be nice, and maybe throw my mean teacher into a subject I'm good at :P.

Hehe thanks! I'll try to remember if I do need any really.

The biggest thing that concerns me really for 10th right now is biology, and that's due to my fear of all things gutsy and gory, I seriously cannot stand stuff like that, so if we have to do dissections or something where I have to look at guts, I'm gonna be looking for a way out, or I'll be screwed.

Hopefully my teacher is nice, id rather that teacher be nice, and maybe throw my mean teacher into a subject I'm good at :P.

Well, when I was in biology we didn't do dissections. (Then again, the teacher was gone for 2 or 3 weeks) Though, we did a lab with chicken livers. Its not really gutsy or gory, believe me. The most that you do is learn mitosis and meiosis. All we did was do vocabulary, then some minor projects and mainly everything about cells, ecology, etc. Its really interesting at times, but sometimes downright boring. Depending on where you are, you learn some things on evolution. :) Dependin' on who you get,  I would suggest a binder or something to keep papers organized since, other then that, its all you really need. (We didn't carry a text book, we had online biology books) 

Well, when I was in biology we didn't do dissections. (Then again, the teacher was gone for 2 or 3 weeks) Though, we did a lab with chicken livers. Its not really gutsy or gory, believe me. The most that you do is learn mitosis and meiosis. All we did was do vocabulary, then some minor projects and mainly everything about cells, ecology, etc. Its really interesting at times, but sometimes downright boring. Depending on where you are, you learn some things on evolution. :) Dependin' on who you get, I would suggest a binder or something to keep papers organized since, other then that, its all you really need. (We didn't carry a text book, we had online biology books)

Eh, I hope it's nothing much, that stuff makes me sick and scared for life at the same time, I don't really like telling others about it though, it's embarrassing, so I won't deal with it unless I have to. Hopefuly I won't.

Mitosis isn't really anything but cell division no? I am not really bothered by cells, mostly organs. Any pictures models or the real thing I have to avoid or I get freaked out sickend or go crazy.

But hopefully it'll go fine.

And we're basically required to have binders, we also have the physical textbooks we carry around for most classes( besides the ones with textbooks provided in the teachers rooms.) hopefully I don't have to many and my bookbag doesn't weight 30 pounds or something :P.

Hopefully everything else will be fine.

I too have had dealings with a crappy teacher. My French teacher at the beginning of the year said "you can't fail, and you won't fail". By the time exams were coming around only one person was passing. I don't believe anyone in the class got higher than 70%.

Eh, I hope it's nothing much, that stuff makes me sick and scared for life at the same time, I don't really like telling others about it though, it's embarrassing, so I won't deal with it unless I have to. Hopefuly I won't.

Mitosis isn't really anything but cell division no? I am not really bothered by cells, mostly organs. Any pictures models or the real thing I have to avoid or I get freaked out sickend or go crazy.

But hopefully it'll go fine.

And we're basically required to have binders, we also have the physical textbooks we carry around for most classes( besides the ones with textbooks provided in the teachers rooms.) hopefully I don't have to many and my bookbag doesn't weight 30 pounds or something :P.

Hopefully everything else will be fine.

Hopefully your locker is close. (My friend had to go to his locker, but he couldn't. His bag was very heavy.) I'm glad you didn't do the freshmen thing. Most freshmen, like the ones on my bus *or were freshmen* , they liked carrying binders for things.

I'm going to warn you now:

Heavy binders are not your friends. Do not get one. Get a simple 1 incher and you'll be fine. I'm saying this because my friend liked to go all heavy for her binders but I ended up with the better back. Well, up until last year, they used physical. The thing I suggest is:Instead of carrying the bigger book *text book* When you know what chapter your on, copy whatever was in it so your ahead. That or you could always ask someone if they need the book or if they had the class earlier. Saved time. We mostly did stuff with cells. We learned diseases from cells, biotechnology and the like.

I have a feeling you'll like biotechnology~

• Brohoof 1

Well I start school on August 13th, I'll be starting the 10th grade and I'll be taking on a couple of honors classes. Ussually before starting the year, I feel a mixture of both anxiety and eagerness. 

I'm starting 11th grade this year and I have an extra gym. (HAHA fuck you gym teacher.) It was all because I didn't know when to do the assignments that they requested. (Homework in gym. Laugh that up please)

Lol wut. How do you fail gym?

(edited)

I too have had dealings with a crappy teacher. My French teacher at the beginning of the year said "you can't fail, and you won't fail". By the time exams were coming around only one person was passing. I don't believe anyone in the class got higher than 70%.

Same except the ones that actually do work *i.e:me and my friends* don't get the grade but those who do shit get the grade. I rage quit and cussed so much after finding out that I worked my ass off for days doing a research paper worth 200 points and ended up with a 35 out of 200 when I followed guidelines. I still passed, but my anger still rages on. It also didn't help that she liked to place me at the end and the time was running out. (For example: One slide wrong=10 POINTS DOCKED A few words wrong in saying:20 POINTS DOCKED. 

I genuinely have a speech impediment. She docks me points for saying certain things wrong when my time is basically up (it rang) and I rush into doing it so I wouldn't be late. This happened a lot, which isn't very fair. 

Well I start school on August 13th, I'll be starting the 10th grade and I'll be taking on a couple of honors classes. Ussually before starting the year, I feel a mixture of both anxiety and eagerness. 

Lol wut. How do you fail gym?

I'm starting August 26th.  If you need advice, ask me. I've been there, done that. Its all good.

I failed because my teacher liked to freaking give out homework in gym but never tell us until its due. Its a mandatory thing in my school. All the teachers tell us to do these article assignments 4 times per marking period but never give the paper to us. She never told us when the papers were even assigned. When I learn they are due or even assigned like, the day they are do, I try to cheat since the only way to get the paper was to print it out. (which I couldn't do either) 

Edited by Scootadress

I'm starting August 26th.  If you need advice, ask me. I've been there, done that. Its all good.

Nah, I'm good. I can handle it myself. TBH, high school is a lot easier than middle school. 

I failed because my teacher liked to freaking give out homework in gym but never tell us until its due. Its a mandatory thing in my school. All the teachers tell us to do these article assignments 4 times per marking period but never give the paper to us. She never told us when the papers were even assigned. When I learn they are due or even assigned like, the day they are do, I try to cheat since the only way to get the paper was to print it out. (which I couldn't do either) 

Lol wut. You're teacher is stupid then. The closest I got to gym homework was getting a piece of paper signed.

Nah, I'm good. I can handle it myself. TBH, high school is a lot easier than middle school. 

Lol wut. You're teacher is stupid then. The closest I got to gym homework was getting a piece of paper signed.

Though, it was easier then when I was just starting high school. THAT was hell. Instead of article reviews we had 4 or 5 page packets at were about whatever we were doing that class. (If we were doing a session on Basket Ball we would have a basket ball packet. If we did the Fitness gram, the Fitness Gram packet! ) It didn't help that we had that and the newly instated uniforms for gym. Gym isn't very fun anymore.

Though, it was easier then when I was just starting high school. THAT was hell. Instead of article reviews we had 4 or 5 page packets at were about whatever we were doing that class. (If we were doing a session on Basket Ball we would have a basket ball packet. If we did the Fitness gram, the Fitness Gram packet! ) It didn't help that we had that and the newly instated uniforms for gym. Gym isn't very fun anymore.

I remember we would play a sport every week, and at the end of the month we would take a test on the rules and stuff. It was really easy and only like ten questions. 

I remember we would play a sport every week, and at the end of the month we would take a test on the rules and stuff. It was really easy and only like ten questions. 

We didn't get tests, however, there are times we didn't do the packet. 3 times in fact excluding the end of the year. (We did volley ball, square dancing, and zumba) 

I don't start school till August 26. I'm entering grade 10. I'm kinda nervous but not really. I am mostly worried on how my AP classes are going to be.

What AP classes are you taking? I took Government and Politics. Other then more work in terms of vocab and sort...we really did less then the regular classes!

What AP classes are you taking? I took Government and Politics. Other then more work in terms of vocab and sort...we really did less then the regular classes!

The AP classes stand for Advance Placement. Supposedly they are suppose to be like college classes with difficulty, amount of work, and way of teaching.

The AP classes stand for Advance Placement. Supposedly they are suppose to be like college classes with difficulty, amount of work, and way of teaching.

I know what it stands for, I took AP Gov and taking AP US History II. They aren't very hard, like I said. They were much easier then the regular classes. The regular gov is much thicker and they had more labor intensive projects then AP Government. I was just curious.

We didn't get tests, however, there are times we didn't do the packet. 3 times in fact excluding the end of the year. (We did volley ball, square dancing, and zumba) 

Lol wut? You had to square dancing xD I didn't have to do any form of dancing which is good for me because I HATE dancing. Well, at least I'm going to take stage crew as my elective next year :P

I know what it stands for, I took AP Gov and taking AP US History II. They aren't very hard, like I said. They were much easier then the regular classes. The regular gov is much thicker and they had more labor intensive projects then AP Government. I was just curious.

Sorry that I misunderstood you, I'm pretty tired. I'm surprised that AP Gov and AP US History was easier than the regular course.