Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Castlevania

Discordian

Give credit to those Castlevania games that appeared on the GBA, for the sake of being fair. Those games are probably my favorite handheld games in the series, because they just retained a lot of what makes an essential Castlevania game. Yeah, they should really stick to that Metroidvania style, at least with handheld consoles.

• 1 month later...

I love the Castlevania games. Well the 2D ones like the original, symphony of the night, super Castlevania IV. I think Konami should make another lunier 2D Castlevania game that would be awesome who thinks so?

1: Yes

2: No

Yes, yes, oh god, yes!!! The original sidescrollers were a masterpiece and it's such a shame that Castlevania just suck these days. But if they're ever going to make one, I only have one demand: Remove the fucking Medusa Heads!

Oh god would absolutely love another linear Castlevania, especially if it was like Super Castlevania IV. That one in particular is one of my favorite SNES games

(edited)

Remove the fucking Medusa Heads!

No!  They're easy to avoid and worth the extra challenge if you take two seconds and do it correctly.  The only thing that should realistically kill you in Castlevania is the stage five boss freezing the game because of sprite limitations.

Edit:  Oh, it's a necropost.  Where I actually said almost exactly the same thing three months ago.

mlfw2560-Pinkie_Pie_shrug_oh_well.png

Edited by Crispy

It's overall a pretty good series. I've only played 1-4 though. I recently got Curse of Darkness for the PS2, but I have no idea what it's like. I'm probably not trying it out till the summer.

Oh, and have this, this is probably my favourite track from the original 8-bit trilogy (This is the japenese version of CV3 which contained an audio expansion inside the cart)

(edited)

I merged your thread about Castlevania with an older one. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread to ensure that one doesn't already exist.

Thank you.

Edited by Artemis
  • Brohoof 1

I've played and finished every Castlevania game except Vampire Killer, PS2 and N64 ones. Eeyup, I've even played through the Haunted Castle... Anyway, the series got great gameplay, good but sometimes cheesy story, and truly outstanding music. Greatest game soundtrack ever created, period.

The first CV I ever played was CV 2 (unfortunately...) It was different from other games due to dark, evil atmosphere (zombies in towns at night, etc. I was a bit scared of that as a kid tbh) and the fact that you could actually GO LEFT! I didn't finish it (You bloody villager, if I knew you were lying i would hit Deborah Cliff with YOUR head, you bastard!) until I re-discovered the series couple of years later, when I got my Game Boy Advance, with CV: HoD (which is one of my favourites). And that's how CV became my favourite franchise.

I've got a duplicator in SotN, Chaos rings in both AoS and DoS, and finished CotM, which is so far the toughest Metroidvania. It was quite funny on my first run through SotN, because I got a Crissaegrim without even noticing it :D

But enough talk, have at you!

• 7 months later...

I got into the series not long ago (2009 I think) with EMOlators and Harmony of Dissonance. From then on, CV just became my faborite franchise since then, and it has become my goal to play more and more CV games. Unfortunately, I didn't liked the CV 1 and 3 very much, I felt them very unfair, heck, I can handle Ninja Gaiden way better. Another game that interested me very much is the so-called best CV EVAH, SotN, got it on Dracula X Chronicles for PSP, two games in one. While that game aged a bit. However, I still prefer Aria of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruins and Order of Ecclesia, but it's impossible to not see what made SotN so outstanding in it's time and it's worth a try (thanks Drac X Chronicles). 

I fell in love with the LoS series, I dunno, I think that it gave the series some fresh air, and not by giving you the same "the demonic castle showed up again, go and Kill Dracula". instead we got a game where you face an entirely new threat, namely, the lords of shadow, only to eventually slowly become Dracula himself. Dark and sad game, and poor Gabriel didn't got the bullshit happy ever after ending. 

MoF, while I didn't liked it as much, it's still worth a try, but the ending it's MUCH MORE TEARJERKER. seriously,  saw the ending on youtube, got feels, but after watching it again in my own copy, I outright cried, not because of the ending itself (it's predictable), it was because Gabriel's last lines. His VA did it with so much feeling that I couldn't hold my tears

BTW, there's a great CV/MLP fic, worth a check, just don't expect anything related with LoS, the author hates it XD

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/46026/my-little-castlevania

• 3 months later...

Just kicked the Forgotten One's butt mere minutes ago, in my first try. He is one of the easiest superbosses I've ever faced. In his defense though, there's still another difficulty setting, so I'll try that one later

Forgottenone.png

I heard that the latest Castlevania game was a sight to see, so I think that the series has a lot of great moments and it is something worth buying.

yeah dude, I'm really excited for it, that last trailer almost killed my of excitement. They kinda revealed a bit too much, hope that means we'll get many other surprises. And for the first time, CV will have a good taste of modern technology, I can't wait to fight high tech Brotherhood of Light and demons, that would be awesome, HECK, WE MIGHT EVEN GET A METAL GEAR  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Just kicked the Forgotten One's butt mere minutes ago, in my first try. He is one of the easiest superbosses I've ever faced. In his defense though, there's still another difficulty setting, so I'll try that one later

img-2247812-1-Forgottenone.png

I personally had a ton of issues with him. I don't even remember what difficulty I was on but he was pretty hard. In the end I got him though.

Still not the hardest boss in the franchise though. I've yet to beat Curse of Darkness cuz Dracula's a pain in the ass. Someday...someday.

I never fought The Forgotten One in Lament of Innocence either. Been meaning to replay that game anyway so why not? :P

I personally had a ton of issues with him. I don't even remember what difficulty I was on but he was pretty hard. In the end I got him though.

Still not the hardest boss in the franchise though. I've yet to beat Curse of Darkness cuz Dracula's a pain in the ass. Someday...someday.

I never fought The Forgotten One in Lament of Innocence either. Been meaning to replay that game anyway so why not? :P

Try playing Circle of the Moon :D Probably one of the hardest Castlevanias out there. Also, beating the NES ones without saving would be quite an achievement...

As for Lords of Shadow... I don't really like it. I only hope there will be more metroidvanias taking place in the original timeline...

Edited by The Dork Lord

Hello? Anyone? Anything?

Okay.

I think we can all agree that Castlevania 2 had great music. (It was an undeniably flawed game, but good music nonetheless.)

Castlevania II was a very important game for the series. For all of its flaws, it paved the way for the excellent Metroidvania titles like Symphony of the Night and Aria of Sorrow. I think it deserves credit for that

Try playing Circle of the Moon :D Probably one of the hardest Castlevanias out there. Also, beating the NES ones without saving would be quite an achievement...

As for Lords of Shadow... I don't really like it. I only there will be more metroidvanias in the original timeline...

I've played some of CotM but not enough to know whether what you say is true or not. :P

It's one of the very few in the series I've yet to play more than an hour of. I've beaten or played just about every other game in the series.

I had Castlevania games growing up (IV and Bloodlines) but never got into them. After I bought Lords of Shadow last year, that was when I really started to enjoy it. I don't have the physical games of like Aria of Sorrow or Symphony of the Night, but I watch gameplays of it. Now i'm just waiting for Lords of Shadow 2.

As for Lords of Shadow... I don't really like it. I only hope there will be more metroidvanias taking place in the original timeline...

The only the toughest can earn the Shining Armor right?

img-2250298-1-shining_armour___shining_a

NOT YOU, A LITERAL SHINING ARMOR  >_>

Edit:

they just launched the developer diary 2, very interesting

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP, I WANT THE GAME RIGHT NOW  :angry:

Edited by Zekromic
  • Brohoof 1

I definitely can't wait for LoS2. Looks like it's gonna be better in every way and though I haven't heard any of it they are supposedly going all out in the music department too. Which is good cuz the series' music has sucked royally so far. Not even one super good song like in most Castlevania games. I mean, there's the iconic theme song and all but hearing the same music over and over, especially when it's terribland crap like what LoS had, I really wish there was more.