Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Castlevania

Discordian

Ooh, I dig these games from what I've played. I love the original NES trilogy and Symphony of the Night was a pretty good game. I've got to get one of the DS games some day too.

Can't go wrong with any of the DS games but keep in mind Dawn of Sorrow is a direct sequel to another game in the series that was on GBA so if you can get and play that (or watch a walkthrough) it would help but it's not required. DoS will explain the events of Aria of Sorrow more or less.

I did a walkthrough of AoS on Youtube once. My only decent walkthrough ever cuz I knew the game in and out when I played it. I've beaten that game who knows how many times.

Can't go wrong with any of the DS games but keep in mind Dawn of Sorrow is a direct sequel to another game in the series that was on GBA so if you can get and play that (or watch a walkthrough) it would help but it's not required. DoS will explain the events of Aria of Sorrow more or less.

I did a walkthrough of AoS on Youtube once. My only decent walkthrough ever cuz I knew the game in and out when I played it. I've beaten that game who knows how many times.

I haven't enjoyed the NES ones very much, too many cheap deaths, hell, I find Ninja Gaiden easier than those. I introduced myself in the CV series with Harmony of Dissonance. I'm more into the metroidvanias, but that doesn't mean I can't try the classic ones, as evidenced by my comment about the NES ones. But I also played Adventure Rebirth, Dracula X Chronicles, and it's original version: Rondo of Blood, I enjoyed those. My only 3D CV experiences are Lords of Shadow, and Lament of Innocence, the later finished quite recently. Hopefully, they'll release Curse of Darkness soon 

I haven't enjoyed the NES ones very much, too many cheap deaths, hell, I find Ninja Gaiden easier than those. I introduced myself in the CV series with Harmony of Dissonance. I'm more into the metroidvanias, but that doesn't mean I can't try the classic ones, as evidenced by my comment about the NES ones. But I also played Adventure Rebirth, Dracula X Chronicles, and it's original version: Rondo of Blood, I enjoyed those. My only 3D CV experiences are Lords of Shadow, and Lament of Innocence, the later finished quite recently. Hopefully, they'll release Curse of Darkness soon

Yeah I've never been able to get far into the old ones myself. The jump mechanics make those games way harder than they needed to be.

My first was AoS and it was DoS that made me get a DS in the first place.

I gotta say though that the 3D Castlevanias are among my favorites though. Never understood why they were so hated. I still gotta beat Curse of Darkness, as I said earlier, cuz the final fight is probably the hardest one in the series.

Rondo of blood (Turbo graphix) is SUPER hard! Its really fun though! The first one is fun too! In fact I like all of them. Oh yeah, Warp spamming and fireballs For the win! 

!

HA HA HA!

That fight is so overrated. The final fight in Dawn of Sorrow's Julius Mode is a WAY more badass fight with the best version of Illusory Dance. :P

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I've never been able to get far into the old ones myself. The jump mechanics make those games way harder than they needed to be.

My first was AoS and it was DoS that made me get a DS in the first place.

I gotta say though that the 3D Castlevanias are among my favorites though. Never understood why they were so hated. I still gotta beat Curse of Darkness, as I said earlier, cuz the final fight is probably the hardest one in the series.

I believe it was the Castlevanias 64 fault of the wariness of their PS2 games. I played and finished LoI, and while it has a couple of annoying things like the camera and Leon leaves himself open after every attack, they do not make it unplayable, and it's far from a bad game infact, I do not regret paying 10$ on the PSN for it. 

I liked what I played of Castlevania 64. Got at least half way through it. Silly humans.

My only real problem with LoI is the fact that in any one area like all the rooms look exactly the same.

I haven't played it in awhile though so I don't quite remember how the mechanics word but I don't remember Leon being totally invulnerable after a combo and even if he was it wasn't for long. Probably gonna replay it soon so I guess I'll find out. :D

That fight is so overrated. The final fight in Dawn of Sorrow's Julius Mode is a WAY more badass fight with the best version of Illusory Dance. :P

Love the dance of Illusion final boss theme!!! Its amazing!  favorite one of all right here! 

There is nothing like getting through a FREAKING HARD! game and beating the stuffing out of the Dracula for all the trouble! :angry:

Edited by Mr.Green

Love the dance of Illusion final boss theme!!! Its amazing!  favorite one of all right here! 

There is nothing like getting through a FREAKING HARD! game and beating the stuffing out of the Dracula for all the trouble! :angry:

I believe I'm not of the mainstream about the castlevania music, while most of you prefer the SoTN of Castle of Illusions, I pick Dawn of Sorrow, and I pick Circle of the Moon's Vampire Killer over any else :blush:

I believe I'm not of the mainstream about the castlevania music, while most of you prefer the SoTN of Castle of Illusions, I pick Dawn of Sorrow, and I pick Circle of the Moon's Vampire Killer over any else :blush:

Circle of Moon had AMAZING music especially awake\catacombs. Dawn of Sorrow is always fun! I love it!

• Brohoof 1

May or may not be missing a few but this video has a bunch of the Dance of Illusion remixes from the series. My favorites are definitely Dawn of Sorrow and Circle of the Moon. I love the heavy drums they use in both and the fast pace of CotM's.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow thoughts by James Rolfe, better known as the Angry Videogame Nerd, juuuuuuuuuuuuusssssst in case you haven't watched it

Edited by Zekromic

I've never watched any of his non-AVGN videos. It was pleasant to see him not frothing at the mouth for little more reason than entertainment.

Lords of Shadow is easily one of my favorite games in the series though. The fact that it's so different from previous games in the series is more of a pro than a con. I don't know why people want a reboot to be exactly like the previous games, what's the point of a reboot then? :P

I find it surprising that many noticed the Castlevania nod to the MLP episode "Castle Mane-ia", but few noticed that the Pony of Shadows is a nod to the Lords of Shadow themselves

one week..... ONE FUCKING WEEK MORE, AND I'M OFF TO THE US, BUYING GAMES, AND PREORDERING MY LORDS OF SHADOW 2 DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDZ. I have to wait until 28 to play it though  :mellow: , BUT I'LL FINALLY BEAT SATAN AND ZOBEK W00000000000000000000000000HHHHHHHHHHHHH :yay:

Anybody still waiting for the 99 game?  I hope we see Julius Belmont kicking Mathias's butt

I definitely am. I don't remember where I heard it, may have been here even, but someone said that Konami is waiting until the series has a truly large following before they do a game like that. I really hope it turns out to be super amazeballs.

Gabriel and Julius are my favorite Belmonts by far.

I definitely am. I don't remember where I heard it, may have been here even, but someone said that Konami is waiting until the series has a truly large following before they do a game like that. I really hope it turns out to be super amazeballs.

Gabriel and Julius are my favorite Belmonts by far.

FUCK YEAH, GABRIEL AND JULIUS ARE BEST BELMONTS

hell, I hope whoever is in charge of CV after Lords of Shadow series makes the 99 game, I'm tired of hearing that Dracula has been defeated for good in 99 over and over again, while I rather be there kicking ass myself

well, few days left to preorder LoS 2, two weeks to get it, but 18 days to actually okay it........ can't take it  :(

At least you get it. Being jobless I have no way of buying the game. I want it sooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. >_<

Loved the Castlevania games, the few i played at least, Symphony of the Night being my favorite by far. Lord of shadows was good though and i may have to find the original nintendo ones, been years sinxe i played em