Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Castlevania

Discordian

I wonder what's next for Castlevania, apparently, Koji Igarashi left Konami two days ago to start his own studio

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/longtime-castlevania-producer-koji-igarashi-has-left-konami/

I don't know what's going to happen to CV, since, we can call out a metroidvania, or at least SotN style, but definitely, the CV most of us started with won't be back. Good or bad? only time will tell

I heard something about that. I really don't know if this means they aren't ever going to make a Metroidvania again or not. I wouldn't mind not having them back but if they do go a different route I hope they try something new or stick with the LoS formula one way or the other.

I think there was talk about a Castlevania movie but I guess it's dead now which is odd when they showed a movie poster of it with a blood red moon in the background with creepy castle belive the year they said was going to be made was either 2012 or 13 who knows they keep changing it !

Not sure if it was already mentioned since TL:DR, but has anypony played Ponyvania yet? For being in demo, it's a really great mashup of MLP and Castlevania! And I'd have to say that Dawn of Sorrow and Curse of Darkness are my absolute favorites so far!

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Not sure if it was already mentioned since TL:DR, but has anypony played Ponyvania yet? For being in demo, it's a really great mashup of MLP and Castlevania! And I'd have to say that Dawn of Sorrow and Curse of Darkness are my absolute favorites so far!

I'm waiting for the whole game actually, I rarely play demos. I watched some vids though

RUMOR: Symphony of the Night 2 for 3DS to be announced on E3

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/rumor-castlevania-symphony-of-the-night-2-to-be-announced-at-e3/

Edited by Zekromic

I honestly don't know why they need to make a SotN2 at all. Just get to the 1999 game already. It's literally the last major loose end in the series.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I'm finally playing Lords of Shadow 2, mi amigos. I just beat the second acolyte and this game is as amazing as I thought it would be. I don't know if the game would be as awesome if it didn't have all the backstory from the previous two games but I don't really feel that matters much. They improved everything gameplay-wise and the story is as epic as ever. I also like the fact that they've made the characters considerably more attractive. In LoS1 everyone was pretty ugly except Gabriel and Zobek.

PS: Zobek is smokin' hot in a business suit.

Edited by Discordian

Castlevania 64 was best Castlevania!

i also LOVE legacy of darkness, curse of darkness, and lament of innocence.

WORST CASTLEVANIA IS LORDS OF SHADOW SERIES! I FUCKING HATE REBOOTS!

Castlevania 64 was best Castlevania!

i also LOVE legacy of darkness, curse of darkness, and lament of innocence.

WORST CASTLEVANIA IS LORDS OF SHADOW SERIES! I FUCKING HATE REBOOTS!

You had me until you said Lords of Shadow was the worst because they are absolutely among the best for me. :lol:

• 4 years later...

I've only ever owned one Castlevania game - The original on NES. I only got like halfway through before giving up.

I've seen a fair amount of the subsequent games, thanks to the likes of YouTube. I'd be lying if I didn't say that they were interesting, so maybe it's worth playing more games in the series. 

1 hour ago, Cash In said:

I've only ever owned one Castlevania game - The original on NES. 

I've seen a fair amount of the subsequent games, thanks to the likes of YouTube. I'd be lying if I didn't say that they were interesting, so maybe it's worth playing more games in the series. 

Played my share rather late, back in the DS era. I’ve even tried the NES ones, but they’ve aged like ass :yuck:

I did play Symphony Of The Night for the PS1. Alucard is my favorite CV character of all time, with him being a dhampir and all. Those were good times, well, I still get to play it on the PS Vita.

Now that's done, moving on to the Netflix series. Can't wait to watch Season 2!

Edited by VenomPLA_04

5 hours ago, VenomPLA_04 said:

I did play Symphony Of The Night for the PS1. Alucard is my favorite CV character of all time, with him being a dhampir and all. Those were good times, well, I still get to play it on the PS Vita.

Now that's done, moving on to the Netflix series. Can't wait to watch Season 2!

Did you know that the Latin American dub, the main characters are voiced by Mexican horses :fluttershy:?

• 1 year later...
19 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Watching the third season of Castle Mane-ia at last. Work didn’t let me watch even an episode 

Funny,  I got one ep left!

32 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Just finished it

Yeah same,   i feel sorry for a prince of the night..

33 minutes ago, Tao said:

Yeah same,   i feel sorry for a prince of the night..

Yeah, it’s clear that, despite starting as a CVIII adaptation, it’s now headed somewhere else. Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see conflicts beyond these three.

And considering they want to, if not already, making a Devil May Cry adaptation, and THEN make a crossover with CV...

• 1 month later...

Love the cartoon and the games~

As much as I love the N64 though I think that era marked the end of classic Casylevania for me though. I do like Symphony of the Night though. I like the NES and SNES games most. IV is my favorite for sure!