Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mlp fim needs classcial section

spikepie

Hi guys me again I was just wondering if mlp fim would add a classical sections for people like me who loves classical songs also if any pony agrees plz comment below

From your classical loving friend:)

Spikepie

• Brohoof 3

well, i do agree with this. since MLPForums does have sections for other genres.

i am not a fan of classical music tough, but this does sound like a pretty good idea :3 maybe ask a admin or a mod about this?

I am pretty sure the current "Orchestral" category also covers Classical music in general. A bit confusing but hopefully that will do, and somepony correct me if I got this wrong

I think that's the idea. "Orchestral" is really a blanket term that would encompass classical music, as welll as certain types of music that might fall out of classical. The "classical" genre is also rather subjective and debated, whereas "orchestral" is pretty objective, making "orchestral" a more appropriate genre classification.

• Brohoof 2

I think that's the idea. "Orchestral" is really a blanket term that would encompass classical music, as welll as certain types of music that might fall out of classical. The "classical" genre is also rather subjective and debated, whereas "orchestral" is pretty objective, making "orchestral" a more appropriate genre classification.

thanks for the support guys hopefully they will split the genre's up well gtg ta ta for now

Your classical lover friend

Spikepie

• 2 weeks later...

I am quite a fan of classical music and really have to say that using orchestral really doesn't cut it. What if someone makes Pony Lieder, that is usually with piano. Might I also add that what we term as classical is as diverse as any other genre in music. There is Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Late-Romantic, Neo-classical, musik concrete, neo-romantic, post tonal, minimalist, etc. If anything we should have a classical and atonal category.

I am quite a fan of classical music and really have to say that using orchestral really doesn't cut it. What if someone makes Pony Lieder, that is usually with piano. Might I also add that what we term as classical is as diverse as any other genre in music. There is Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Late-Romantic, Neo-classical, musik concrete, neo-romantic, post tonal, minimalist, etc. If anything we should have a classical and atonal category.

Coming from a classical background myself, I know what you mean: what is typically referred to as "classical" music is a pretty diverse classification of music. But Pony.fm isn't trying to become a compendium of all the world's music; only the brony fandom's. :P So the available genre choices are based not on trying to encompass any possible type of music, but rather the music that brony musicians actually produce. The site won't be particularly useful to anyone if it has four hundred genres to choose from and one or no songs in each one, which is what makes umbrella terms like "Orchestral" preferable.

Quite a few piano pieces have gone up on Pony.fm under the Orchestral genre. Rather than looking at it as a taxonomy for orchestral music, think of it as a classification for music that primarily uses orchestral instruments, even if it's just a lone piano. :)

• Brohoof 2

Coming from a classical background myself, I know what you mean: what is typically referred to as "classical" music is a pretty diverse classification of music. But Pony.fm isn't trying to become a compendium of all the world's music; only the brony fandom's. :P So the available genre choices are based not on trying to encompass any possible type of music, but rather the music that brony musicians actually produce. The site won't be particularly useful to anyone if it has four hundred genres to choose from and one or no songs in each one, which is what makes umbrella terms like "Orchestral" preferable.

Quite a few piano pieces have gone up on Pony.fm under the Orchestral genre. Rather than looking at it as a taxonomy for orchestral music, think of it as a classification for music that primarily uses orchestral instruments, even if it's just a lone piano. :)

I'm okay with that reasoning. Though it makes we want to write a atonal pony lieder just to diversify the site and also to troll listeners with a less developed sound pallet.

• Brohoof 1