Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Survival

Strong Hooves

Blanc would lie down next to him, gently pressing herself against him. She would feel the warmth of his body. It felt like each inch of coat that touched him were shocked with gentle electric impulses, making her shiver slightly. She would slowly close her eyes like that.

The storm would start to calm down, even though it was still pouring the wind was a lot less agressive and sometimes even not existent. As the sun started to rise the rain had already stopped, although everything was wet around, and finding fire wood might be difficult today. As the sun shun into Blanc's eyes she would move slightly, now lying all over Cloud, although somehow not on his hurt wing.

Blanc wouldn't stay like this for long, it was actually uncomfortable with her back bent like this, she then blinked and lifted her head, trying to understand what was going on. She yawned and would then realize she was on Cloud! She quickly got down, mumbling a "Sorry." at the same time.

Blanc cleared the throat as she was on her hooves again, she wasn't sure if she should mention what happened last night. Her heart was still fluttering. She tried to think of something else for now, although the blush on her face did betray her. She could have hid it with her magic but did not want to, for obvious reasons. She would walk out of the overhang, slowly.

Blanc chuckled lowly, "Sorry for waking you up.", she told him, "I have no Idea how I managed to end up that... way.", she smile sheepishly and shuffle her hooves slightly. "What are our chances to find wood this morning?"

Cloud looked around at the soaking wet terrain, "Well, considering that we saved a good lot of it before the storm, we should be good for a while. But for now, lets just gather as much as we can find and set them in a sunny area to dry" Cloud then started collecting more wood, setting them on a large rock to keep them off the wet ground.

Blanc nodded, "I don't think we have a choice.. so let's do that.", she would then walk around, picking up various pieces of wood, thinking about yesterday, if it had any consequences or not... if she should do something or not. Her absent look making her look dreamy at some points.

Cloud tilted his head to the side while raising an eyebrow, something he normally does when trying to act funny or cute, "You seem a little... off today, everything alright?" he had a good idea already as to why though, he couldnt stop thinking about last night as well...

"Uhm.. yeah. Thinking about this and that... you know.", she told him, "But I can work! Don't worry.", she then added, and would, to prove it, take another piece of wood onto her back. "I have no Idea what I am doing.."

Edited by Neikos

Cloud chuckled as she wandered around with the wood on her back, taking some of the wood to lighten her load, he trotted over to the rock, "Unless you wanna dry them on your back, you may want to put them here". He then looked around for more sticks, running a forehoof through his mane, he saw many twigs become untangled and fall out. He looked at himself and realized... he was a mess! "I tell you what" he said with a chuckle, "Im about tempted to go wash up in the stream, at least while this warmer weather holds up! Might even go for a little swim"

As he said that, images invaded Blancs mind, images that made her look on the ground. She then placed the piece of wood onto the rock, making sure it wouldn't fall down. She then looked back towards cloud, "Swim.", she just said.

Cloud wasnt sure she was just saying it, or wanting to swim as well, but he repilied, "I havent gone swimming in... ages!" he looked around, checking to see if anymore work had to be done, "Well, it seems we gathered enough wood to dry, our basket of apples is full, and there isnt anything else to be done..." he looked at Blanc, a smile on his face, "Swimming sound good to you?"

She would nod, "Yes!", she told him, perhaps a bit too enthusiastic, "I mean, sure. Sounds good." She then added, "It's a shallow river... right?" As a filly she had never learned to swim, and since never really thought she would need it.

Edited by Neikos

Cloud smiled and walked with her to a wider part of the stream, perfect for swimming, one part of it was shallow while the other deepened more. As soon as They reached it, Cloud jumped and cannonballed right into the water, laughing as he came back up to the surface, "Now THAT I missed doing!"

Blanc was a bit more... gentle with her approach and would glide into the water slowly, slowly getting accustomed to the colder temperature. Once she was enough in it, she would just stand there, her head poking out of the water and watch Cloud.

She shook her head, "I... I'm fine right here." She didn't want to admit that she did not know how to swim... after all what would he think of her? Every filly knew how to swim normally! So she just smiled sheepishly.

Edited by Neikos