Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Survival

Strong Hooves

( Okay I have no Idea why I wrote that.. sorry. Slept 2 hours on a wooden floor with no blanket :P )

She would blink and gently take his hoof, "Alright... but slowly please.", after all it would be her first time! She would wait for him to start going into deeper water.

Blanc nodded, "Okay, I will try.", she would move her hinds trying to imitate what she saw with other ponies when they were swimming. "Like this?", she would ask him.

Cloud smiled, moving so he was behind her but still holding her, he gripped her forehooves and began to correct her motions slightly, "Not bad for a first try" he said, his mouth close to her ear as he whispered this, his body close to hers as he swam with her...

Blanc would try her best once again. Him grabbing her did help though, and soon she would be making somehow correct movements. That he was close was kind of the reason why she agreed to get into deeper water, just to be closer to him. She would hold herself as close as possible to him.

Blanc felt that she was slowly sinking deeper. She instinctively did what they trained earlier: moving her legs. She made it for a few moments, until she started to sink again, gasping for air and trying to grab Cloud.

Blanc had her nuzzle for a second under went, she coughed a bit, holding Cloud tightly, "Okay that was scary.", she would confess then, "But fun!"

Blanc smiled, it was a lot of fun, swimming that is. She would sometimes move her hooves around a bit, creating waves. She almost felt like home! Home? She then remembered where they were, she stopped laughing, and her eyes would reflect part of the sadness she felt.

Cloud saw her sadness, and guessed at what it was that made her so, holding her in a hug as they swam, he said to her, "Dont worry Blanc... Sooner or later, somepony will find us... as long as I am here, I wont let anything bad happen to you... I will personally make sure you get home safe..."

Blanc nodded, she rubbed her eye a bit. "Thank you.", she would mumble in his ear, feeling safe while in his hooves. "Think we can get back to land?", she didn't feel like swimming anymore.

Blanc did not shake and instead ran over her coat with her hooves, pushing the water away, at least large parts of it. Her mane though was completely wet and would stick to her face and to her body. She did not mind though and would, once Cloud was done shaking himself, go next to him.

Blanc chuckled, "Do you like it?", she would pose in front of him and blink with her eyes slowly. She would stop soon enough though and chuckle again, "Anyway, let's quickly warm ourselves up at the fire. Before we get sick."

Blanc would be right next to him, silent trough out the walk. She had no Idea what to say, and preferred to stay silent instead of chit-chatting.

The two made it back to the overhang and Cloud started a fire with the dry wood they saved. Sitting close to dry off as he began to rack his brain of some possible way of getting home. Hopefully my wing heals soon... he thought to himself.

Blanc would sit down next to the fire too, looking at Cloud, although she was fixing him subconsciously as she was actually thinking about something. She thought about earlier, what he told her, how scared he must have been with the bears, she hadn't realized that yet.