Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How To Buy Pony Toys Without Parents Knowing

Ali_Derp

I know there's a topic like this. My Parents Don't know, I'm not in a rush to tell them. I know the saying "Curse of the pink isle". How do I? I'm not sure if any of my shops have them, Also if the shops around me sell ponies should I use self service?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

If it was me buying this stuff (I don't liking having a lot of possessions so I don't buy toys etc.) then I would buy a big lock box from amazon like the Masterlock Chest and then just keep it all in there. This is just my two cents.

Also, definitely use self service but just do it slowly. When those machines are temperamental or you are too quick with scanning then the machine may lock up and you'll be forced to have an assistant come and unlock it again.

Edited by Kaz
  • Brohoof 1

well ik that this is farfetched but I'll tell you something possible. I recently found a mcdonalds toy from when the series first started (guess i was a brony before i knew it) if mcdonalds ever does something like this again buy a couple of happymeals, and just hide away the toy inside, of course this is only if Mcdonalds ever had pony toys again. Besides that just be really sneaky about buying them, maybe order them online, have them sent to a friends house( if they know your a brony) pick up the toy there, then sneak it back to your house.

your best bet to buy without parents know i'm guessing you're younger so get some money hop on your bike, go to your store buy and get out and hide them at your house, ghillie suit is optional

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

What's the point of buying them if you don't want your parents to know? I don't know many people who actually plays with the toys. Most people usually have them standing on a shelf or something as a collectable. You know just because it's awesome to see a pony in your room.

Though if you are buying it, the pony would have to be hidden or something. What's the point of having it then?

And to answer your question, just go to the store yourself and buy one?

Edited by Jokuc

Well what I used to do when I wanted to secretly buy something: was go to the store with my parents and make an excuse to “have a browse round” and meet up later. In that time, find the thing I wanted to buy, quickly go pay for it, hide it on my person with recipt and then meet back up with parent and act normal.

Either that or get on your bike and go to the store

When I still lived with my parents I would hide my anime merchandise in various ways (I wasn't allowed to own anything that wasn't academic for a while. My parents thought I had my head in the clouds to often). Honestly its often more trouble than its worth and if you have intrusive type parents, they'll find out eventually and be angry/hurt that you where hiding something from them.  If you're a younger person you should just be honest with them. It'll be easier for them to accept if they have time to get used to it or they think it's just a phase.

It becomes pretty much impossible to share it with them when you get to be an adult, but by that time you should be out of their house so they don't really need to be saying anything about it.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Random, obvious tip, but one that some people often forget. If you buy pony merchandise, make sure you don't use your parents' credit/debit cards without their knowledge.

Not only will they be able to see what you bought, but it's also stealing.

Edited by Dark Horn

Well, I usually go off on my own, but if you have a store near you, you can bike there somehow without your parents knowing. If your parents don't allow you to go alone, just buy it on your own and go to the self check out aisle. Stuff it in a bag, and then put it in your room. Ta-da.

Well, I usually go off on my own, but if you have a store near you, you can bike there somehow without your parents knowing. If your parents don't allow you to go alone, just buy it on your own and go to the self check out aisle. Stuff it in a bag, and then put it in your room. Ta-da.

Well what kinds of MLP toys are you trying to get and hide?  I still kinda hide my cards in the bottom of desk, even though my parents know i'm a brony.

Wear a disguise when going to the store. Wig, glasses, an outfit you'd never be caught dead wearing, etc. Fake beard and mustache. Never can be too careful when it comes to ponies.

Just kidding. When I hide something, like my giant hoards of chocolate that I don't want my mom to steal, I put them under my bed. I also have storage bins that I can hide things in; things that hold my old toys that my parents would never go through, etc. I'm able to hide my secret purchases until I have a chance to open them, and then hide my trash until the coast is clear to move it to our big trash bin. My parents know I buy pony merch but I don't want them knowing HOW MUCH I buy, so I'm careful. 

Most of the time when it comes to ponies, I make my purchases with my girlfriend and open everything at her house. I can just put my toys in my purse to take home. If you can't go shopping on your own, perhaps use a friend who is also a brony/is okay with you being one. 

Hope I helped a bit.

~Leafy

My mom has issues with my brother being a Brony. I'm a girl, so my mom has no issues with me and my My Little Pony obsession (She honestly finds it more normal then my TMNT and Ninjago obsessions). Anyway, since she's ok with my MLP obsession, I buy my brother the stuff, tell my mom its for me, and then turn around and give it to him.

If you have a older sister or any friends that are girls, ask em to buy the stuff for you.

• Brohoof 1

Thank Y'all! I'm gonna try and find a place to hide my secret collection. I all appreciate your tips. I'll get around starting out my collection soon. I might hide them behind my bed in my east coast train set box. @Asherdangerdash Ill try your method first, but if all else fails ill ask my gran this week if I can look around the city centre on my own (That Probably Won't Happen Though)

• Brohoof 1

I'm also trying to figure this out. I definitely want to pick up some of the blind bagged minifigures, but I don't want my parents or family knowing. I already told my brother that I was into the show, and he said that if he comes into my room and sees any pony toys, he'll personally tell everyone he knows. And he knows a lot of people, so the last thing I need is word getting out to someone who knows me or someone who knows a friend of mine.

• Brohoof 3

• 3 months later...

OOOR, if you're in high school, and the nearest any kinda mart or hot topic is far away from you and you have circumstances similar to my circumstances:

1: look around! Find as many bronies (preferably seniors or juiniors) as you can who go to your school as you can.

2: Be friends with them! text often w/ them, and don't simply use them as merch mules (because, well, that's not cool, dude)  ( T_T )

3: when you've gained a source of income (work, allowance, etc.) , ask your brony/ pegasister friend if they can help you get some mlp merch!

4: If they accept, bring money for the merch the next day to that person.

5: Be careful though... If you have trust issues about entrusting the person with your money, buy cheap things to start out with.Your fellow herd member may delay a bit(because he/she may have other things to do) but will bring you your merch, should that person do the job the right way.

6: give your pony smuggler a tip! If they get the job done, tip them (again, use a small amount of money to start out, then more as you gain more trust in your pony smuggler), and if they go above and beyond(they spend their own money to get you something, bring you the merch fast, etc.) tip him/her even more!

I followed this diabolical plan I conjured up, and it went great. Try it! it works well if you are in high school, and might also work in the workplace. Hope this helps! -princehapp3.

one more thing: you can always make a shrine in your closet, like I do. Just make sure you have a key to lock said closet, and do so at your own risk.

• Brohoof 1

I have my friend buy me merchandise. I give him money and he goes out and gets stuff. I don't buy it myself because I'm embarrassed it's because I have no time and my brother wouldn't take me to go buy "little girl" stuff.

• Brohoof 1

I have my friend buy me merchandise. I give him money and he goes out and gets stuff. I don't buy it myself because I'm embarrassed it's because I have no time and my brother wouldn't take me to go buy "little girl" stuff.

Same. 

Although sometimes I buy mlp merch online if I feel like I'm bothering my friend too much. 

My mom knows I watch my little pony but she's not comfortable with the fact. But yeah, I usually just keep mine in compartments. My mom goes in my room from time to time to clean up but she doesn't check my cabinets and compartments so it's cool.

• 1 month later...

If you don't live close to any sort of store that sells ponies, here's some ideas. 

(1) I agree with getting older friends. Befriend them but don't ask too much of them at first, it'll be overwhelming and they might think you're weird if you text them every 5 minuets with a pony request.

(2) This one's tricky. whenever I needed to get something without the person who drove me there seeing, I'd hide it under the car. I'd make a reason to run off (you might want to plan what you want to get cause you gotta be fast.) you then pick up your item, self check out then run out into the parking lot and shove it under the car. you've got to put it pretty far under so no one can steal it. then run back inside and meet up with your family. When you go to get back in your car shove it under the seat. This probably seems mad and a bit far fetched to you but it works. At least for me.

(3) easiest one, just bring a bag in the store and change the subject if your parents question it 

this has all worked for me and hope it helps you! :lol:

Your top bet is to go alone. After school is a good time, if possible, that way you have a backpack. Hang out with a friend so you have an alibi, then quickly buy what you want. It helps to know what you're getting beforehand. Hiding merch is a different issue, which depends on the layout of your room. I have a shelf that is visible from where I normally sit, but not from the door. There is little point buying something you will never see, so places where only you will see it are worth finding or creating. For t-shirts or other wearable merch, depending on your schedule, you can either wear a sweater or jacket around family or, if possible, change into something else before you're parents are home. 

Everything depends on your personal setting and schedule. I wouldn't advise buying stuff that you will not have an opportunity enjoy.

• 7 years later...

Please, don't hide MLP merch from your parents. If they know you they should accept you. Trust me, they probably won't make such a big deal out of it. My conservative dad even looked in my closet and saw my Fluttershy plush. He didn't even care about it. Now I keep some of my merch on my shelf in plain sight and no one has said anything about it. It's better for your parents to see it displayed and know that you like MLP than to find it hidden and think it is something to be concerned about.

Hidin stuff you bought from the parents huh?

Depends on your age here. If you're old enough to shop alone, go get some fast food afterwards. Hide the merch in the food bag and bring it home. Or you buy yourself some other stuff while you're at the store to potentially hide what you've bought.

Due to your circumstances I assume you're buying small stuff because anything large you won't be able to hide well at home. So if you bought a few other things it should be easy enough to hide it in the same bag.

Or you could hide your merch you bought in lets say your book bag. Till you get home and find a spot to hide it in your room.

If they have to go with you. Sneak off to use the restroom, grab what you want, checkout and hide the merch in your bookbag. 

If you've got some cool friends maybe they can buy it for you (you pay them and they give you the merch.) Or if they're parents are cool maybe they can take you to the store with your friend so you can buy what you want.

• Brohoof 1