Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sad A Canterlot Wedding-The Alternate Ending

Wardaddy

Now listen, I do agree that the way Twilight may have handled the situation at the rehersal was a bit out of character, even for her, but the way her brother, friends, and even mentor behaved was no better. What should have happened in ACW is they should all have sat Twilight down and talked it out with her, not just turned up their noses and left, nor fired her and barred her from the event, or even acted so coldly about her mistake. I, at least, am ONE brony who understands that perhaps Twilight acted rashly, but maybe that was because she was desperate to protect her brother, somepony she loved, and as the old saying goes: "Deperate times call for desperate measures." This story is a good example of how the show should have had a third ACW episode; call outs, hurt and upset, depression, TRUE Heartfelt Apologies, REAL forgiveness, reconciliation, etc. Firebolt just wants to vindicate Twilight and call out the ohters for their behaviour. Because I am also a fellow brony who is angry that Twilight DID NOT receive ANY formal apology whatsoever from the rest.

You need the apology to be on screen? Is the implication that they made up not enough? Also, 2 minute time out is not acting coldly

Also, I personally liked when Chrysalis and the majority of the Changelings were destroyed, because they were apparently still such a major threat to Equestria that if Twilight didn't come back and do what she did, when she did, who knows what would/could have happened or where/when it would all end. Besides, the story isnow starting to turn to a more positive tone, with the reconciliation of Twilight and the others and their shared plan to rescue Cadence from the hive.

What's your point? Sunset Shimmer and Tirek were far more dangerous than the Changelings could ever hope to be, they were let off the hook with community service and prison time(respectively)

And to all who are still nitpicking the story apart, PLEASE STOP IT. Please give Firebolt Blitz the opportuinty to finish the story, which probably still has about 3-4 more chapters (maybe more) to go, and I have been waiting for at least 2 MONTHS now for the next one to be posted. Also, I would kind of like to find out whether or not the story can be ended on a positive note or two (Candence and Shining making amends and planning a new wedding, with Twilight reinstated, Celestia and Luna reconciling, a fair outcome at the trial, etc.).

God forbid we have an opinion on a fanfiction

• Brohoof 1

UGH! I am really getting sick and tired of this. What is the matter here, people? Look, the point of Firebolt's story here was, like a lot of other alternate 'Canterlot Wedding' stories, was simply to call out Twilight's loved ones for having abandoned her in her time of need. That was it.

Now listen, I do agree that the way Twilight may have handled the situation at the rehersal was a bit out of character, even for her, but the way her brother, friends, and even mentor behaved was no better. What should have happened in ACW is they should all have sat Twilight down and talked it out with her, not just turned up their noses and left, nor fired her and barred her from the event, or even acted so coldly about her mistake. I, at least, am ONE brony who understands that perhaps Twilight acted rashly, but maybe that was because she was desperate to protect her brother, somepony she loved, and as the old saying goes: "Deperate times call for desperate measures." This story is a good example of how the show should have had a third ACW episode; call outs, hurt and upset, depression, TRUE Heartfelt Apologies, REAL forgiveness, reconciliation, etc. Firebolt just wants to vindicate Twilight and call out the ohters for their behaviour. Because I am also a fellow brony who is angry that Twilight DID NOT receive ANY formal apology whatsoever from the rest.

Also, I personally liked when Chrysalis and the majority of the Changelings were destroyed, because they were apparently still such a major threat to Equestria that if Twilight didn't come back and do what she did, when she did, who knows what would/could have happened or where/when it would all end. Besides, the story isnow starting to turn to a more positive tone, with the reconciliation of Twilight and the others and their shared plan to rescue Cadence from the hive.

So, Firebolt Blitz, I repeat what I said once before: Don't let any of these comments get to you; do what YOU fell you need to do in YOUR story for the reasons you feel. And if that's not good enough or acceptable for some, well, then that's THEIR problem.

And to all who are still nitpicking the story apart, PLEASE STOP IT. Please give Firebolt Blitz the opportuinty to finish the story, which probably still has about 3-4 more chapters (maybe more) to go, and I have been waiting for at least 2 MONTHS now for the next one to be posted. Also, I would kind of like to find out whether or not the story can be ended on a positive note or two (Candence and Shining making amends and planning a new wedding, with Twilight reinstated, Celestia and Luna reconciling, a fair outcome at the trial, etc.).

Plus, to answer vgmaster9's question about other fanfics on this topic, here are a few that really interested me (all of which can be read on FIMfiction):

1. The Canterlot Healing Process by twilightsparkle3562

2. Canterlot Consequences by Kinsfire

3. A Canterlot Wedding Aftermath by Black Kyurem

4. Pain Between Siblings by thejboy88

5. What Could Have Been Lost by TheVClaw

6. Post Nuptials by Darth Link 22

7. Grave by Dark Colt Sabata (possibly canceled)

8. Bitterness by PLCThe Cd

You know i really am inclined to agree on many parts. Thought the changeling part should be restrained to Chrysalis only... You don't see people condemming germans for Hitler's actions now do you? Also extermination of a species just like that... Veeery nice thing to do and tottaly not a crime.

But there is one damn problem with you. You are acting like an author apologist due to you being biased due to liking the story. And that puts you on a negative light.

I 'nitpick' because there are flaws in the story and issues with the very premise, which makes no sense. That is why I give complaint with it.

Twilight has no reason to act the why she does in this facfiction, especially when one takes in consideration that her friends and family had given the proper response to her behavior given what they knew.

Twilight attacks the bride, immaturely chasing her and calling her evil, and brings the bride to tears.

The fact Twilight was, partly, right does no make the reaction and behavior of the others less appropriate. Especially since even Twilight begin to be deceived by Queen Chrysalis' deception and her brother explained away all of her points.

More, again as it has been said by myself and others, Twilight was not abandoned but instead merely left alone for a couple of minutes to think about what she had done.

Stop 'demanding' that each character gives a long winded apology and accept what was given, instead of forcing Twilight to act so out of character to make the others apologize. Allow Twilight to forgive her friends, brother, and mentor because they were all deceived by the changling queen.

This story is made for the wrong reasons, has flaws that cannot be ignored, and has a premise that cannot work as it
---------------

My recommendation is to still have Twilight seek apology from her friends, brother, and mentor but change how she does so. Her extreme anger, upset, and outburst runs counter to the fact everyone was deceived, counting Twilight for a moment, something she understood in the episode.

Have Twilight speak her upset softly, not in accusation but with 'I statements'. Have Twilight admit that she didn't give her friends much reason to believe her and that she could have handled herself better. Then have her friends, brother, and mentor apologize for not believing her. Finally have Twilight forgive everyone and have a group hug.

That is the way it should be handled, that would be more believable.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

I didn't want to do this, but it seems that given the state of the thread as it stands today, I cannot go on. EquestrianScholar, Dragon Master, you may have won this battle, but I will always be convinced Twilight can be vindicated. Therefore, it is with great regret, but also steadfast resolve that I declare this thread closed. You may continue to write in this thread if you wish, picking apart the remains of the corpse you have killed, but just know that all I was doing was expressing my opinion, and if I should be condemned for that, then so be it. I just don't care anymore, this thread will be thrown to the dogs for all the good it did. 

(edited)

@ No, you and EquestrianScholar have done enough damage. Just look at the pages since the previous chapter. It's nothing but discussion and flame warfare. I just can't go on, another post will land me in much hotter water than before, and I can't have that.

Edited by Firebolt Blitz

@

Instead of giving up, adapt.

Writers must come to learn there will always be criticism, sometimes fair and other times not, but instead of throwing up you arms in defeat consider what is being said. I am not saying "Don't make a fanfiction where Twilight's friends, her brother, and her mentor apologize" but instead I am saying, "Don't have her be unreasonable and harsh" and "Have her speak or rationally and calmly".

You were going about treat, and thinking, that everypony had been monsters to Twilight when that can be an exaggeration. Sure Twilight's friends, brother, and Celestia her harsh, but not unreasonably so... as without meta they were being reasonable in their upset since Twilight was acting irrationally and shockingly terrible to the bride.

Don't stop writing, merely consider a rewrite while considering the arguments and criticism that have been said.

@EquestrianScholar

Okay, okay, maybe you're right about some things; the ENTIRE EXTERMINATION of the changelings may have been a bit much, for starters, I'll admit, but still, perhaps Twilight didn't feel as if they were just leaving her alone for a couple of minutes to think about what she had done, maybe, with the words that were used, she might have believed that they had turned their backs on her for a mean queen (excuse my language, please, but these have all been just my opinions, nothing more). And perhaps I still DON'T fell that they had givenher the TRULY proper resopnse; that, I feel, would have been to have taken her to a side room, then have Shining Armor make his explanation, then have Princess Celestia tell Twilight that she ought to take some time alone to think about what she had done, and then Shining Armor could say that if Twilight didn't apologize to Cadence, then she could forget about being best mare or showing up at the wedding.

But yes, the outline of what you are saying the story should go is exactly what I would have done, though the best way, in my opinion, again, would be to combine Chapters 2, 3, first 1/2 of 4, and the majority of 9 with the fanfics 'The Canterlot Healing Process', 'Canterlot Consequences', 'What Could Have Been Lost', 'My Greatest Failure', and the sad and emotional parts of 'Bitterness' together into one story.

But anyway, if I have said things that have offended you, that was unintentional, and I apologize for that; I simply wanted to state MY opinions on this story, along with the fact that I, at least, had enjoyed it while it lasted. For it seems that now, due to ALL of the point/counterpoint discussion, the author just can't seem to go on any longer.

@Nionios The Renegade

Yeah, you're right, maybe the ENTIRE EXTERMINATION of the Changelings would be a bit much. But I was NOT in any way trying to seem like I was being biased; I just wanted to give my personal opinions and ask for the author to continue with the story, which, unfortunately, will not happen now because all of the point/counterpoints have drained their will to go on. And what exactly is an author apologist?

@Evil Dragon Master

Yes, I do have some opinions, but if you don't like them, you don't have to.

There I have said my pieces, and that is all I'm going to say.

@@Lukestarr451,

The changlings were not exterminated, sure you may not count the comics as canon but I do and they are clearly shown to be alive and well for putting together a new plot. More even in the show, you just see them flung to the Badlands not killed.

Also I don't believe you offended me on anything... I think.

@

Instead of giving up, adapt.

Writers must come to learn there will always be criticism, sometimes fair and other times not, but instead of throwing up you arms in defeat consider what is being said. I am not saying "Don't make a fanfiction where Twilight's friends, her brother, and her mentor apologize" but instead I am saying, "Don't have her be unreasonable and harsh" and "Have her speak or rationally and calmly".

You were going about treat, and thinking, that everypony had been monsters to Twilight when that can be an exaggeration. Sure Twilight's friends, brother, and Celestia her harsh, but not unreasonably so... as without meta they were being reasonable in their upset since Twilight was acting irrationally and shockingly terrible to the bride.

Don't stop writing, merely consider a rewrite while considering the arguments and criticism that have been said.

Oh ,so that's it? After everything I've said, you expect me to simply drop my luggage and adapt?! Let me tell you something, mate. You can't force people to accept your opinion, no matter how bloody good you crack it up to be! Everyone's got their own opinions, heck, for a time I believed when Twilight became an alicorn and a princess 5 seconds apart, Hasbro had jumped the shark by a long mile. Nowadays, I now believe it was the right decision, but that's because it wasn't FORCED on me, like you've been doing! In fact, you almost succeeded!

Now, go back to the last chapter and see how many pages have been made since then. That is, if it helps you to understand the damage you have done.

for a time I believed when Twilight became an alicorn and a princess 5 seconds apart, Hasbro had jumped the shark by a long mile. Nowadays, I now believe it was the right decision, but that's because it wasn't FORCED on me, like you've been doing! In fact, you almost succeeded!
Actually this and the Discord thing might have been partially right but that doesn't make them any better.

Now, go back to the last chapter and see how many pages have been made since then. That is, if it helps you to understand the damage you have done.
It's your story... if you like it continue it.

Well I apologize for creating a debate and helping to create so many pages.

I will not apologize for trying to show you the problems with your story. A good writer need to be able admit when they are wrong, not stubbornly hold onto their biased and unreasonable ideas.

Good day to you, it is clear my intention of helping you has failed. Do what you want, now I don't care anymore.

It's your story... if you like it continue it.

But how can I? All these pages would set the new chapter apart from the first one, and even if I did post a new one, I'd get heckled further for trying to defend Twilight when she's apparently in the wrong for trying to protect her brother. There's just no point anymore.

Well I apologize for creating a debate and helping to create so many pages.

I will not apologize for trying to show you the problems with your story. A good writer need to be able admit when they are wrong, not stubbornly hold onto their biased and unreasonable ideas.

Good day to you, it is clear my intention of helping you has failed. Do what you want, now I don't care anymore.

But this is not a debate. It is a fanfic, one which has been tarnished by endless arguing and flame-warfare. And if you think you were helping me, you are sorely mistaken. You were trying to force your opinion and criticism down my throat, and I refuse to allow it, especially when I believe Twilight was harshly mistreated, to the point where one could argue she was left to die. I mean, if Chrysalis had killed her, then Celestia, the Mane 5 and Shining would be on their knees begging for forgiveness. And all around them, Equestria would be burning because of THEIR MISTAKE.

By refusing to take that into account, you are just as foolish and naive as they were. Good day indeed sir, I hope this is the last time we ever cross paths (for a while anyway. I will apologize someday, count on it)

• 3 weeks later...

@,

You could always turn this into a discussion thread for the fanfiction and then create a new thread for you to post the chapters of your story, having a link to take people here if they want to comment.

For any fanfiction writer they should expect people to comment and critique their work, which is why it is good to have an area for comments anyway.

Well when you bother a youtuber for having a different view why should people leave you alone and not defend the youtuber?

They have every right to bother you when you make a vendetta against the YouTuber.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't want to do this, but it seems that given the state of the thread as it stands today, I cannot go on. EquestrianScholar, Dragon Master, you may have won this battle, but I will always be convinced Twilight can be vindicated. Therefore, it is with great regret, but also steadfast resolve that I declare this thread closed. You may continue to write in this thread if you wish, picking apart the remains of the corpse you have killed, but just know that all I was doing was expressing my opinion, and if I should be condemned for that, then so be it. I just don't care anymore, this thread will be thrown to the dogs for all the good it did. 

Really? Just... REALLY? You're just gonna give up on your story because of all these criticisms thrown at you? I'm sorry, but as a close friend, all I can say is that this is a really dumb decision on your part. No offense, of course. As I and other users on here have pointed out, you shouldn't let what others say affect your feelings on this whole scenario. To see you give up like this is more than even I can bear. Believe you me, I've put up with so many heartless bronies who side with Twilight's peers in this case that I can understand exactly what you're going through here. That's why I may be able to help you finish this story if we share some ideas. Come on, what do you say?

But how can I? All these pages would set the new chapter apart from the first one, and even if I did post a new one, I'd get heckled further for trying to defend Twilight when she's apparently in the wrong for trying to protect her brother. There's just no point anymore.

Again, you shouldn't let these peoples' views get to you so hard. If you just agree to let me help you, I'm sure we can figure something out here, since you and I still both feel that Twilight didn't deserve to be shunned the way she was at the end of part 1. Now again, would you be glad to consider getting back on this story?

Really? Just... REALLY? You're just gonna give up on your story because of all these criticisms thrown at you? I'm sorry, but as a close friend, all I can say is that this is a really dumb decision on your part. No offense, of course. As I and other users on here have pointed out, you shouldn't let what others say affect your feelings on this whole scenario. To see you give up like this is more than even I can bear. Believe you me, I've put up with so many heartless bronies who side with Twilight's peers in this case that I can understand exactly what you're going through here. That's why I may be able to help you finish this story if we share some ideas. Come on, what do you say?

Again, you shouldn't let these peoples' views get to you so hard. If you just agree to let me help you, I'm sure we can figure something out here, since you and I still both feel that Twilight didn't deserve to be shunned the way she was at the end of part 1. Now again, would you be glad to consider getting back on this story?

I don't think you understand. It's not just the criticism that's stopping me from continuing. It's how this has turned from a fanfic into a debate, something I feel is not welcome in a section titled "Fan Fiction". If this topic should be debated anywhere, it should be in the Debate Pit, not here. I mean, look at how many pages separate the last chapter from what would be the next one. Coming back here isn't a good experience for me anymore. As far as I'm concerned, the vultures can go ahead and pick this fanfic apart. 

I don't think you understand. It's not just the criticism that's stopping me from continuing. It's how this has turned from a fanfic into a debate, something I feel is not welcome in a section titled "Fan Fiction". If this topic should be debated anywhere, it should be in the Debate Pit, not here. I mean, look at how many pages separate the last chapter from what would be the next one. Coming back here isn't a good experience for me anymore. As far as I'm concerned, the vultures can go ahead and pick this fanfic apart. 

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You're practically giving up on yourself because of all the recent happenings on this thread. We keep telling you and telling you that you should NOT, I repeat, should NOT let all this affect you to the point where you're suffering a Heroic BSOD (see TV Tropes for details). Besides, if it makes you feel any better, I could still help you finish this story, and if THAT doesn't please you, I'm still considering writing out a short one-chapter story in which Twilight's peers apologize one by one for their behavior and Twilight is far more forgiving than in your story. Think you might be willing to help me on that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

During the episode, I was a little outraged at the other mane 5, as well as Shining and Celestia. 

So with that, I believe this story is well written. 

I agree.. I am happy in ways this isn't what aired for the episode.. but it would also be a much more interesting/ true color kind of ending.... i would have loved to see this as the episode, but st the same time... not.

This is a great fnfic though..... 50/10 ducks ;)