Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sad A Canterlot Wedding-The Alternate Ending

Wardaddy

Um, bad news readers. My reply box appears to be malfunctioning, and as a result I am currently unable to post the next chapter to this fanfiction. I do apologise, considering the lengthy delay I had to go through while my laptop was being repaired, so until the mods can help me fix this problem, I'll be using this thread to discuss ideas for the next chapter with you guys. Don't be shy, it's entirely an open mic day/night, so if you've got any ideas, post them here and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for reading!

Ok I have read a lot of this and its Starting to annoy the hell out of me why all you folks are so set on Twilight friends being so horrible.

Twilight just accused a raining princess of being evil. as for her Brother How would you feel if your brother or sister just accused your Beloved you know the person you would be happy spending the rest of your life with evil.  and don't forget they were attending to the party She hurt. there wasn't enough time for anyone to come back and talk to her. And the idea that you stay behind and feel you should listen to the side that attacked someone with No evidence is dumb.  Twilight was the one that By all appearances being a very bad friend to he "beloved sitter. You DO not make acusations like that without good proof.

Would you really think everyone acted horribly if Twilight was Wrong and that was the real Candance?

No that's off my chest Very good story. I can see Twilight bursting out like that. then regretting it that much.

Edited by Noodles

wow I think I killed a thread. just wow.

No, you didn't kill a thread. I was expecting a response from another user also sympathetic to Twilight and shockingly, none came. Don't get your hopes up son.

No, you didn't kill a thread. I was expecting a response from another user also sympathetic to Twilight and shockingly, none came. Don't get your hopes up son.

I hope you don't mean me Blitz

No, I was expecting BlueEyedPegasus to say something in Twily's defense. He has done it before.  :catface:

I still feel that while Twilight didn't provide any evidence to back up her accusations, there was no way she could have collected any in this case. Of course, on TV Tropes lately, there are some users who have kept editing the Canterlot Wedding pages to make Twilight's actions seem unjustified, and I've kept editing and deleting those entries, most likely because they scream YMMV vibes. (YMMV is short for "Your Mileage May Vary".) On the other hoof, I almost feel the need to have Twilight's friends get "cursed" again by the Poison Joke, maybe just for a brief time so they'd have plenty to think about. THEN Zecora would help cure them AGAIN. Anyhoof, I feel that all those defending the reactions of Twilight's peers are absolutely heartless!

thinking about this has made me consider that the Queen of the changelings is a moron. after being accused of being evil and her friends walking out on her twilight was apologizing to her. Crystalis should just played along with it. she just won over the only one that saw threw her.

and please remember that without the banishment to the caverns thing it was really just a time out. no body had the time to come back to talk to her.

Actually Twilight did present evidence that evidence was explained away. I might add that not even Twilight thought that fake Candence was a changeling she just thot Candence turned evil.

Edited by Noodles

I'm siding with Twilight's peers, she sounded like a lunatic when she ran in there. Not to mention that she had shown a record of being possessive of her brother, it came off like her coming up with a random excuse to keep Shining Armor. Twilight having this reaction is realistic, but there should be chapter when she stops being egotistical and realizes that it was her fault as well. Shining Armor telling her off was excessive but he was under a spell, surely that can be excused as can Luna's genocidal stint as Nightmare Moon

I'm siding with Twilight's peers, she sounded like a lunatic when she ran in there. Not to mention that she had shown a record of being possessive of her brother, it came off like her coming up with a random excuse to keep Shining Armor. Twilight having this reaction is realistic, but there should be chapter when she stops being egotistical and realizes that it was her fault as well. Shining Armor telling her off was excessive but he was under a spell, surely that can be excused as can Luna's genocidal stint as Nightmare Moon

I'm sorry, but I just don't see Twilight as sounding like a lunatic in that scene. In such a case as this, she most likely had no other alternative but to go on about it the way she did, which I see as perfectly reasonable. Nothing that happened here was Twilight's fault. It was the fake Cadance's fault for pulling a Wounded Gazelle Gambit (see TV Tropes for details) to alienate Twilight from her peers. Also, Twilight isn't being egotistical in FIrebolt Blitz's story. She's just having self-pity, which is perfectly understandable. Bottom line is, if you side with Twilight's peers in this issue, you're clearly blind. No offense.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see Twilight as sounding like a lunatic in that scene. In such a case as this, she most likely had no other alternative but to go on about it the way she did, which I see as perfectly reasonable. Nothing that happened here was Twilight's fault. It was the fake Cadance's fault for pulling a Wounded Gazelle Gambit (see TV Tropes for details) to alienate Twilight from her peers. Also, Twilight isn't being egotistical in FIrebolt Blitz's story. She's just having self-pity, which is perfectly understandable. Bottom line is, if you side with Twilight's peers in this issue, you're clearly blind. No offense.

She did voice her evidence and that evidence was explained at the time even twilight accepted the answers to he misgivings.

again what is so dam Horrible about what amounts to a time out? even twilight at that point in time figured(wrongly) that she was mistaken.

She was left alone in what everyone thought was a highly secure castle, they were doing a wedding there for pity sake.

I don't think twilight looked like a lunatic or was being egotistical. O wait that's right there was some threat floating around. so the entire city was on lockdown. I am not saying Twilight was Wrong. all I am saying is the reaction to what she did was understandable and not the horrid thing you make it out to be.

ask yourself one question would you have the same reaction if Twilight was Wrong and that was the real Cadence?

She did voice her evidence and that evidence was explained at the time even twilight accepted the answers to he misgivings.

again what is so dam Horrible about what amounts to a time out? even twilight at that point in time figured(wrongly) that she was mistaken.

She was left alone in what everyone thought was a highly secure castle, they were doing a wedding there for pity sake.

I don't think twilight looked like a lunatic or was being egotistical. O wait that's right there was some threat floating around. so the entire city was on lockdown. I am not saying Twilight was Wrong. all I am saying is the reaction to what she did was understandable and not the horrid thing you make it out to be.

ask yourself one question would you have the same reaction if Twilight was Wrong and that was the real Cadence?

No, it wasn't understandable, and it WAS horrid, because I know for a FACT that they forgot the lesson they learned in "Lesson Zero" about taking your friends' concerns seriously. Besides, if Twilight was wrong and it was the real Cadance, I'd probably be like "Don't feel bad, Twilight. It was just a big misunderstanding." So you're outta luck. No offense.

Egotistical is the wrong word, I meant viewing things only from her POV and ignoring everyone else's view points. She may have had no alternative, but she still had no evidence and sounded like a raving lunatic. I side with Twilight's peers because, while what they did wasn't right, Twilight lashing out so blindly is uncalled for. They did the only logical thing while she was raging and foaming. 

No, it wasn't understandable, and it WAS horrid, because I know for a FACT that they forgot the lesson they learned in "Lesson Zero" about taking your friends' concerns seriously. Besides, if Twilight was wrong and it was the real Cadance, I'd probably be like "Don't feel bad, Twilight. It was just a big misunderstanding." So you're outta luck. No offense.

There's a difference between taking concerns seriously and taking to heart a baseless accusation that for all intents and purposes, sounded like an insult. If Twilight was wrong and it was the real Cadence, she acted like a do*che and humiliated her for no reason. People also exaggerate the Mane 6's and Celestia's reactions to this. The Mane 6 just went to comfort Cadence, understandable since it was her who was insulted. Celestia just said that Twilight should rethink her actions, like a time-out. 

Its perfectly ok for someone to say horrid things to someone and if they are shown to be wrong its "aw well we all make mistakes don't feel bad that you just called your Brothers future wife evil." seriously? your ok with that kind of thing?

• Brohoof 1

Egotistical is the wrong word, I meant viewing things only from her POV and ignoring everyone else's view points. She may have had no alternative, but she still had no evidence and sounded like a raving lunatic. I side with Twilight's peers because, while what they did wasn't right, Twilight lashing out so blindly is uncalled for. They did the only logical thing while she was raging and foaming. 

There's a difference between taking concerns seriously and taking to heart a baseless accusation that for all intents and purposes, sounded like an insult. If Twilight was wrong and it was the real Cadence, she acted like a do*che and humiliated her for no reason. People also exaggerate the Mane 6's and Celestia's reactions to this. The Mane 6 just went to comfort Cadence, understandable since it was her who was insulted. Celestia just said that Twilight should rethink her actions, like a time-out. 

Listen to me! There was absolutely NO WAY she could have collected any solid evidence in that case! Can't you get that through your head?!

No! There's NO difference at all! Her peers really should have given her accusations at least some consideration, THEN maybe they'd know the truth for sure! Their reactions are 100% unjustified beyond a shadow of a doubt! End of story! Our conversation is OVER! :angry:

Listen to me! There was absolutely NO WAY she could have collected any solid evidence in that case! Can't you get that through your head?!

No! There's NO difference at all! Her peers really should have given her accusations at least some consideration, THEN maybe they'd know the truth for sure! Their reactions are 100% unjustified beyond a shadow of a doubt! End of story! Our conversation is OVER! :angry:

Are you done raging? >_>  Anyway, I never said she could have gathered any evidence, what she did was reasonable. The problem is that the Mane 6's reaction is also reasonable given Twilight's insane troll logic at that point. 

Well let's see, who needs more consolation, the mare who was humiliated and ran out crying or the one who caused said incident? They may have been coming back to talk to her, since you know, only a minute at most passed before Twilight was sent to the caves. If the Mane 6 took her insane logic seriously, what difference would it make? Chrysalis would still defeat Celestia, the Mane 6 would get captured by Changelings, and they would be screwed because Cadence would still be in the crystal caverns

Are you done raging? >_>  Anyway, I never said she could have gathered any evidence, what she did was reasonable. The problem is that the Mane 6's reaction is also reasonable given Twilight's insane troll logic at that point. 

Well let's see, who needs more consolation, the mare who was humiliated and ran out crying or the one who caused said incident? They may have been coming back to talk to her, since you know, only a minute at most passed before Twilight was sent to the caves. If the Mane 6 took her insane logic seriously, what difference would it make? Chrysalis would still defeat Celestia, the Mane 6 would get captured by Changelings, and they would be screwed because Cadence would still be in the crystal caverns

The one who caused the incident needs more consolation at this point. Besides, I maintain that you are practically 95% wrong. I don't wanna talk to you anymore. Good day!

Ok we are dealing with someone who has One idea in there heads and no amount of logic will even chip away at it.

Next time someone emotionally rips someone heart out and finds it was an error lets the Victim suffer while we console the attacker.

I want the writer of this story to know even if my opinion differs on whom behaved badly it in no way takes away from the enjoyment of the story.

even thou our Opinion of who behaved badly is different I would like to say I enjoy reading this story.

• Brohoof 1

Ok we are dealing with someone who has One idea in there heads and no amount of logic will even chip away at it.

Next time someone emotionally rips someone heart out and finds it was an error lets the Victim suffer while we console the attacker.

I want the writer of this story to know even if my opinion differs on whom behaved badly it in no way takes away from the enjoyment of the story.

even thou our Opinion of who behaved badly is different I would like to say I enjoy reading this story.

Of course I know Noodles. Everypony's got a different opinion about something, and while my story, and in conjunction, my opinion, may be sympathetic to Twilight, I thought that perhaps there should be an ACW alternate ending which was drawn out long enough to ensure everypony had realized their mistakes, and all the while, Twilight would come to realize her own; if the Cadance she confronted was indeed the real one, then the situation would've been much worse, and she would have no cause to be teleporting wherever her friends, her brother and her mentor are, because they'd never want to see her again (for a while anyway). However, because that didn't happen, Twilight would need to remind the perpetrators of her pain how much she loved and cared for them, as well as making them understand exactly how much they hurt her. 

Tl;dr, in this alternate ending, I will try to appease everypony by making Twilight realize and understand her actions were OTT and completely uncalled for, while making the Mane 5, Shining Armor, and Celestia understand the amount of pain they inflicted on Twilight, and thus feel terrible for it. However, the real question is if they'll make up before the Changelings launch their next assault?

• Brohoof 1

Of course I know Noodles. Everypony's got a different opinion about something, and while my story, and in conjunction, my opinion, may be sympathetic to Twilight, I thought that perhaps there should be an ACW alternate ending which was drawn out long enough to ensure everypony had realized their mistakes, and all the while, Twilight would come to realize her own; if the Cadance she confronted was indeed the real one, then the situation would've been much worse, and she would have no cause to be teleporting wherever her friends, her brother and her mentor are, because they'd never want to see her again (for a while anyway). However, because that didn't happen, Twilight would need to remind the perpetrators of her pain how much she loved and cared for them, as well as making them understand exactly how much they hurt her. 

Tl;dr, in this alternate ending, I will try to appease everypony by making Twilight realize and understand her actions were OTT and completely uncalled for, while making the Mane 5, Shining Armor, and Celestia understand the amount of pain they inflicted on Twilight, and thus feel terrible for it. However, the real question is if they'll make up before the Changelings launch their next assault?

I don't know about you, Firebolt Blitz, but I feel that Twilight's were called for and NOT OTT at all. If I may remind you, she had no other alternative but to deliver it the way she did, and in my mind, she made no mistakes at all. Therefore, I do not think that Twilight has any mistakes to confess your story. I hope you understand. :(

Of course I know Noodles. Everypony's got a different opinion about something, and while my story, and in conjunction, my opinion, may be sympathetic to Twilight, I thought that perhaps there should be an ACW alternate ending which was drawn out long enough to ensure everypony had realized their mistakes, and all the while, Twilight would come to realize her own; if the Cadance she confronted was indeed the real one, then the situation would've been much worse, and she would have no cause to be teleporting wherever her friends, her brother and her mentor are, because they'd never want to see her again (for a while anyway). However, because that didn't happen, Twilight would need to remind the perpetrators of her pain how much she loved and cared for them, as well as making them understand exactly how much they hurt her. Tl;dr, in this alternate ending, I will try to appease everypony by making Twilight realize and understand her actions were OTT and completely uncalled for, while making the Mane 5, Shining Armor, and Celestia understand the amount of pain they inflicted on Twilight, and thus feel terrible for it. However, the real question is if they'll make up before the Changelings launch their next assault?

why change your story its yours.

I don't know about you, Firebolt Blitz, but I feel that Twilight's were called for and NOT OTT at all. If I may remind you, she had no other alternative but to deliver it the way she did, and in my mind, she made no mistakes at all. Therefore, I do not think that Twilight has any mistakes to confess your story. I hope you understand. :(

Of course I remember Blue Eyes, but FYI, I wish not to make this a biased alternate ending. I'm following the same path as the show does; bringing the wire down to a happy ending for Twilight, Shining Armor, Cadance, Celestia, and her friends. While I may not be able to please everypony, that will not deter me from the path. Come the end of the fanfic, Twilight will have found renewed happiness alongside those who hurt her and vice-versa. I mean, come on like, we can't having Twilight hating them forever can we?

why change your story its yours.

I'm not changing anything Noodles. I'm doing what I set out to do; make my own ACW ending and finish it as the show would, with Twilight   forgiving her friends, Shining Armor and Celestia, and vice-versa.

Of course I remember Blue Eyes, but FYI, I wish not to make this a biased alternate ending. I'm following the same path as the show does; bringing the wire down to a happy ending for Twilight, Shining Armor, Cadance, Celestia, and her friends. While I may not be able to please everypony, that will not deter me from the path. Come the end of the fanfic, Twilight will have found renewed happiness alongside those who hurt her and vice-versa. I mean, come on like, we can't having Twilight hating them forever can we?

Of course not. I just feel that there was absolutely no way Twilight could have collected any evidence in this case. The reason I bring this up is because if you really expect me to get upset about what Twilight did at the end of part 1, well, I'm sorry, but I just can't. If you were in Twilight's position and saw the bride-to-be to be truly evil, you'd naturally get all worked up about it, and most likely have no alternative but to out her as being so, even if you didn't have any proof to back you up, and in the case of Twilight's peers, they still should have at least given her accusations some consideration. Am I making myself clear?