Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Official League of Legends Thread

Vicke

I follow the tournament games some times. I've always wanted to play in them, but I don't have the team for it... Plus I don't think I'm anywhere good enough XD. I am online all the time so you want a game with me feel free to ask :D I'd love to play! Lord Sprixx on both EUW and NA. My favorite roll right now is mid, solo top, and jungler. I only counter pick my top lanes though, they go Shen or someone else who is heavy Melee I love going Olaf, it's too much fun.

I've been playing LoL on and off for about a year and a half, totally dependent on whether or not I have any friends to play with. I love the game mechanics and all, but with the amount of time required to stay on top of this game it's just not worth it to play with randoms. I might be switching to EUW since that's where most of my online buddies currently are...

I like tanks, initiates, and beefy casters, solo top and sometimes jungle. Still loving Cho'gath, Singed, Rammus, Nasus, Galio, etc. Singed is just a delight after he's had some farm.

Anyone follow tournament games?

What's your summoner name?

PS I added everyone here :D

Edited by Lord Sprixx

He looks really fun. Just another reason to start with boots and be OP! :P. I am buying him ASAP me thinks. Malzahar and Shen are awesome, but something new is in order me thinks.

I play a bit, used to play loads but not so much lately. Mostly due to crappy internet and my friends not wanting to play. Add me if you want, I'm Kyreth on EU west. I'm not online that often so if you want a game you'd be better off giving me a shout on steam.

So what do you guys think of Hecarim?

I think epic because he's a centaur, and so close to a pony! :P

My friend found out about him and called me to say they were releasing a pony champion! Not quite. Still, we're half way there!

I usually play normals now. I used to play ranked but... Oh god, the memories!

Did ranked for you go like it for me? I tried a couple of games in ranked I really did...but it made me too angry and the people were just so much better than I am at the game :angry:

I play a bit, used to play loads but not so much lately. Mostly due to crappy internet and my friends not wanting to play. Add me if you want, I'm Kyreth on EU west. I'm not online that often so if you want a game you'd be better off giving me a shout on steam.

My friend found out about him and called me to say they were releasing a pony champion! Not quite. Still, we're half way there!

Hecarim.... close enough! :P

No wait, nowhere near close enough... :P

Did ranked for you go like it for me? I tried a couple of games in ranked I really did...but it made me too angry and the people were just so much better than I am at the game :angry:

Yeah pretty much. Well you played with me today actually... I can only carry so hard right? :P

I was thinking, This is a league discussion thread as well right? This thing is too damn quiet! What's everyone's favorite characters/mains? I personally main Malzahar and Shen at the moment as my mid and jungler picks. Other characters I like (mainly for counter picks because i am a jerk) are Olaf, Teemo, and LeBlanc. I do not play Bot lane AD carries, I hate the position.

Edited by Lord Sprixx
  • Brohoof 1

Jungle Shen?@@ Shen is, to be blunt, a bad choice for Jungler. Shyvana, Lee Sin, Skarner, Dr. Mundo, Master Yi, and Nautilus are all much better at jungling then him.

Anyways, my mains are:

Top: Pantheon, Gangplank

Mid: Ahri, Veigar

Support: Soraka

Jungler: Nocturne, Shyvana, Skarner

AD Carry: Ashe, Ezreal, Vayne

You dare doubt the power of Jungle Shen? He has massive sustain, a decent clear time, really strong ganks. And first and foremost, is fun to play in the jungle.

You dare doubt the power of Jungle Shen? He has massive sustain, a decent clear time, really strong ganks. And first and foremost, is fun to play in the jungle.

I will not question his sustain-that I know is absolutely godlike compared to many junglers. However, his clear time is rather poor compared to many junglers, with it being over 4 minutes if I remember correctly, due to not having any damaging abilities besides his q(or at least no noticeable damage) and lack of AOE. His ganks are also really weak, at which point he does less ganking and more just making sure an ally being attacked/ganked themselves does not die, which does make him a rather good counterganker I guess, but still far from the best ganker. And fun is subjective; I personally find Shen rather boring, and I only play him if my team really needs a tank and we have enough damage that Shen's lack of a lot of damage doesn't matter much. The characters I have fun with, on the other hand, are the ones that I main, and some other ones that I don't play much(such as Leona for kill lanes).

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

They way I see it, Shen is a first ban in most of the games I play, and I love those moments I get to play him. and his clear time isn't that slow. I mean it's no Mundo or Udyr, but NO ONE is Mundo or Udyr! But I mean in between Ki Strike and Vorpal Blade he has some damage, not to mention a taunt with a decent duration. To say his ganks are weak just isn't right. Granted that's your opinion and I respect it, not everyone likes Shen like I do XD. On another subject, Any thoughts on this new patch? The slight Teemo Buff (loving it) and the change to the animations and damage?Also

So it's was you who was takling to me the other day. I thought it was some random dude from nowhere

You didn't realize it was me XD Well I guess that's why I didn't get a response. Oh well now ya know.

There's a lot of people here who play on NA but I never see any of you around :( I would love to actually get some games in with you guys :D. I've recently taken to top lane Teemo, I love counter picks! Anyone excited for the new AD carry looking fellow coming out? Varis or whatever his name was...

Edited by Lord Sprixx

They way I see it, Shen is a first ban in most of the games I play, and I love those moments I get to play him. and his clear time isn't that slow. I mean it's no Mundo or Udyr, but NO ONE is Mundo or Udyr! But I mean in between Ki Strike and Vorpal Blade he has some damage, not to mention a taunt with a decent duration. To say his ganks are weak just isn't right. Granted that's your opinion and I respect it, not everyone likes Shen like I do XD. On another subject, Any thoughts on this new patch? The slight Teemo Buff (loving it) and the change to the animations and damage?Also

You didn't realize it was me XD Well I guess that's why I didn't get a response. Oh well now ya know.

There's a lot of people here who play on NA but I never see any of you around :( I would love to actually get some games in with you guys :D. I've recently taken to top lane Teemo, I love counter picks! Anyone excited for the new AD carry looking fellow coming out? Varis or whatever his name was...

Varus, it is. Many of my friends I are wanting to buy him just as he comes outs. I think he looks more AP than AD.

i play eu west as Rubbermourne !

One question, i want to get a mage so... Malzahar or brand, people say i am a good malzahar, but the mana is agonising :(

I play kennen (beware the shuriken :P), ad sion, cait, sometimes akali and nidalee, i also got kassadin and xin zhao who is great jungler.

One question, i want to get a mage so... Malzahar or brand, people say i am a good malzahar, but the mana is agonising :(

I play kennen (beware the shuriken :P), ad sion, cait, sometimes akali and nidalee, i also got kassadin and xin zhao who is great jungler.

I would be enclined to say Malz because I play him a lot. Not to mention his 1v1 ability in mid is incredible! And you shouldn'd have mana problems as long as you rank up the Malefic visions first (Take Call of the Void at level 1 then focus on Malefic) since Malefic visions refunds mana everytime it bounces to a different target, you can push minions quite fast with it. Figure at level 6 you can drop someone from almost full with a full combo and a voidling (While using the ultimate hit ignite, as long as you're in range it wont interupt the ult, just be sure to use Malefic first!) I feel like I'm writing a guide XD Sorry for being so preachy

Depends on playstyle, but from what I can tell from the other champs, you should be pretty good at skillshots! Try Ezreal. (Take with a grain of salt, I've never played him XD)

yea, i haven't played brand and he probably has mana problems as well... Maybe i should rethink how i build mal too :P something like chalice early can help.