Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Official League of Legends Thread

Vicke

I have played LoL for a while and have aquired some skill, although I am only level 12, would anypony like to play me my ign is Dota2Fan add me and invite me whenever im not already in a game!

Just played for the first time in months last night. Tried Teemo for the first time, sucked HAAAAAARD. Like, it wasn't even funny how bad I was. Although, my team was lame and I was forced to go mid against a Ryze. From what I can tell, snare + huge burst = dead Teemo :/

Played a dom game as nasus with sprixx. I sort of did okay. It's hard to farm Q in dom lol

Just played for the first time in months last night. Tried Teemo for the first time, sucked HAAAAAARD. Like, it wasn't even funny how bad I was. Although, my team was lame and I was forced to go mid against a Ryze. From what I can tell, snare + huge burst = dead Teemo :/

Played a dom game as nasus with sprixx. I sort of did okay. It's hard to farm Q in dom lol

try get some magic resist, it can help. theres some worthwhile combos with magic resist like: ap, abyssal scepter and attack speed, wit's end, also a new ad one, the maw of malmortius

You did great those Dom games! Granted I was suicide Karth and was just laughing up a storm the whole game (4 shot there brand with my Q) XD. Also I got a Penta today as Vlad :D that was fun.

Also I am on all the time on North America. Lord Sprixx is my summoner name as to be expected. I am almost always open for games (level or skill level means NOTHING to me, I just wanna have fun :) ). I am in semi serious ranked team so I get pulled away a lot for team practices :(

(edited)

Just got done with a match with MrJK (SearingBlades), and i found the post-game conversation amusing so thought i'd share it:

post-1813-0-22435800-1336323619_thumb.jpg

(I'm FatFreeEnvelope on there if anypony wants to add me. I don't play very often though).

Edited by LowfatEnvelope

I DEDICATE THIS POST TO DEATHFIRE GRASP.

As a Veigar main, nothing can express my sadness. GONE are the days when we can simply take a Meki Pendant and rush Deathfire, GONE are the days of the early 5-spell build, GONE are the days when we didn't have to give anything for both a fifth spell AND have great mana regen! :( I could QQ a lot more. And I WILL.

To anyone who agrees with me, you feel my pain. This is a straight nerf for Veigar without any compensation. Even if DFG now gets additional Ability Power, what Veigars need is a lot of AP and just enough mana regen to be able to sustain farming Qs. With the new nerf, Equilibrium can't keep up without a Meki for people who want to Q every minion. :( This means two paths: Get DFG without mana regen and fail to farm Qs, or go without DFG and lack your fifth spell. Either way, Veigar is substantially less useful to the Veigars that came before....

But fear not, Veigar players! It seems that the best compromise that I've found recently is to STILL take the Meki Pendant, build into a Fiendish Codex, take boots, build DFG, and get Morello's Evil Tome later. It's not as good as before......*tear* but it's as good as we'll get.

R.I.P. Viable Veigar Deathfire Grasp, d. 2012 :(

P.S. I hope all you Morde and Kat players have fun :(

• Brohoof 4

As a Kat player, I know I'll be having fun. Never had use for deathfire grasp, myself. ;)

You know when people say, "QQ more noob?"

I'm QQing a lot. A hell of a lot. Thank goodness I had the sense to save up for Kog....

(edited)

I really find myself having a hard time enjoying LoL anymore. I don't have a group of friends to play with, so I always solo que. And I get stuck with the biggest assholes this side of the internet.

Case in point, the last game I just quit. I'm having to lane with Alister on bot because Olaf wants to solo. Opposing forces are Shen and Tryn. Alister keep engaging them despite the fact that he has little defense and I have next to no AP at the start of a match. He dies, repeatedly, blaming me every time.

"Kat useless doesn't attack!"

Actually, I did attack. And then I got the f- out of there because it is extremely obvious that Alister is about to die, and I am next. This isn't a matter of chickening out, this is a matter of knowing that the fight that Alister keeps picking is an unwinnable one this early in the game for us.

Then our mid, Xin Jao, quits because he "never knew players this bad existed". I'm in a bad mood, not only for Alister's atrocious feeding, but also because I'm being blamed for things that are beyond my control. So I quit; with our original mid gone and bottom lane fed, there was no hope. I'm not going to play a game that is only going to piss me off when there is no chance of victory.

The curse of the level 30 summoner: solo que brings nothing but pain.

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Brohoof 4

As a Veigar main, nothing can express my sadness. GONE are the days when we can simply take a Meki Pendant and rush Deathfire, GONE are the days of the early 5-spell build, GONE are the days when we didn't have to give anything for both a fifth spell AND have great mana regen! :( I could QQ a lot more. And I WILL.

To anyone who agrees with me, you feel my pain. This is a straight nerf for Veigar without any compensation. Even if DFG now gets additional Ability Power, what Veigars need is a lot of AP and just enough mana regen to be able to sustain farming Qs. With the new nerf, Equilibrium can't keep up without a Meki for people who want to Q every minion. :( This means two paths: Get DFG without mana regen and fail to farm Qs, or go without DFG and lack your fifth spell. Either way, Veigar is substantially less useful to the Veigars that came before....

But fear not, Veigar players! It seems that the best compromise that I've found recently is to STILL take the Meki Pendant, build into a Fiendish Codex, take boots, build DFG, and get Morello's Evil Tome later. It's not as good as before......*tear* but it's as good as we'll get.

Death fire gasp may be gone in it's old use but now it has a wonderful new one! Also there making an upgrade for Chalice of Harmony so don't panic there's hope still yet! :).

I really find myself having a hard time enjoying LoL anymore. I don't have a group of friends to play with, so I always solo que. And I get stuck with the biggest assholes this side of the internet.

Case in point, the last game I just quit. I'm having to lane with Alister on bot because Olaf wants to solo. Opposing forces are Shen and Tryn. Alister keep engaging them despite the fact that he has little defense and I have next to no AP at the start of a match. He dies, repeatedly, blaming me every time.

"Kat useless doesn't attack!"

Actually, I did attack. And then I got the f- out of there because it is extremely obvious that Alister is about to die, and I am next. This isn't a matter of chickening out, this is a matter of knowing that the fight that Alister keeps picking is an unwinnable one this early in the game for us.

Then our mid, Shen, quits because he "never knew players this bad existed". I'm in a bad mood, not only for Alister's atrocious feeding, but also because I'm being blamed for things that are beyond my control. So I quit; with our original mid gone and bottom lane fed, there was no hope. I'm not going to play a game that is only going to piss me off when there is no chance of victory.

The curse of the level 30 summoner: solo que brings nothing but pain.

Now for you. I know dat feel! I get blamed for everything, check my match history and see the stupidity I deal with some days xD. No matter how well you do, or how hard you carry or how skilled you are: It's always you're fault. Level 30 sucks some days. I'd be happy to queue with you :)
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Death fire gasp may be gone in it's old use but now it has a wonderful new one! Also there making an upgrade for Chalice of Harmony so don't panic there's hope still yet! :).

Now for you. I know dat feel! I get blamed for everything, check my match history and see the stupidity I deal with some days xD. No matter how well you do, or how hard you carry or how skilled you are: It's always you're fault. Level 30 sucks some days. I'd be happy to queue with you :)

I see what you mean here, but DFG was CORE. ABSOLUTELY CORE for Veigar. And a chalice for Veigar is basically doubling up on his passive: You'll get infinite manapool, but Veigars can't trade off AP items for an infinite manapool. It just ain't the same..... :P I don't see how they could improve chalice anyways, it's actually just infinite mana for anyone XD

Get me in on this. :P

EDIT: "Get me in on this is a response to second quote. Sorry if this confuzzles. :P

Edited by ynomir50

I see what you mean here, but DFG was CORE. ABSOLUTELY CORE for Veigar. And a chalice for Veigar is basically doubling up on his passive: You'll get infinite manapool, but Veigars can't trade off AP items for an infinite manapool. It just ain't the same..... :P I don't see how they could improve chalice anyways, it's actually just infinite mana for anyone XD

Get me in on this. :P

EDIT: "Get me in on this is a response to second quote. Sorry if this confuzzles. :P

Oh no, didn't you hear? There's going to be a new item that builds from Chalice of Harmony! It has the same passive +ap, and restores 12% of max mana on kills and assists (non-unique)! It will easily replace Death Fire Grasp as an early item, while still allowing DFG to do it's job and ruin people's day! Don't lose hope!

Sudden change of topic, especially when I was just QQing about DFG, but....

http://www.huffingto..._n_1252766.html

This?

Slightly old news, and I have to say that's a personality thing but just acts as fuel to get parents and other people up in arms over nothing. The game could have been anything, WoW, DotA, or hell even Modern Warfare or something. I'm kinda glad that thing didn't explode as I expected it to and it just kinda faded away a bit.

Oh no, didn't you hear? There's going to be a new item that builds from Chalice of Harmony! It has the same passive +ap, and restores 12% of max mana on kills and assists (non-unique)! It will easily replace Death Fire Grasp as an early item, while still allowing DFG to do it's job and ruin people's day! Don't lose hope!

I have hope! Although the non-unique thing isn't really necessary IMO.....I don't think I'd find myself stacking anything that isn't deathcaps. :P New builds are in order....

(edited)

I never played League of Legends before and always been curious to play it but I heard that the community over there is a pain in the butt that they treat new players like trash and constantly calls them noobs and such so I am not sure if I should play this or not.

Edited by LuthianDracul

I never played League of Legends before and always been curious to play it but I heard that the community over there is a pain in the butt that they treat new players like trash and constantly calls them noobs and such so I am not sure if I should play this or not.

Well it's true, the community is quite notorious but you can kinda sneak into it unnoticed if you have a good teacher I think. I'd be happy to take you under my wing. I know my way around the game quite a bit and I am generally really nice to players New and Old (Unless they call me out, then they get the business). I play on the North American server if you wanna give the game a try. Just do all the tutorials first and a few games against bots before trying any form of PvP, its rather unforgiving.

Well it's true, the community is quite notorious but you can kinda sneak into it unnoticed if you have a good teacher I think. I'd be happy to take you under my wing. I know my way around the game quite a bit and I am generally really nice to players New and Old (Unless they call me out, then they get the business). I play on the North American server if you wanna give the game a try. Just do all the tutorials first and a few games against bots before trying any form of PvP, its rather unforgiving.

Hey I was wondering in that game can you host private matches like you can do in some other mmo games by any chance cause if so that be great and does it take a lot of space that game when you are downloading it and also how much ram does it take up by any chance.

(edited)

Hey I was wondering in that game can you host private matches like you can do in some other mmo games by any chance cause if so that be great and does it take a lot of space that game when you are downloading it and also how much ram does it take up by any chance.

Yep, Private matches are supported in the form of "Custom games." Same thing.

I'm way too lazy to check how much space it takes, but I do know that it took me quite a while to download. Someone else wanna answer this....?

Edited by ynomir50

Custom games/private matches are absolutely available, and we can play against bots together. now when it comes to the size, it takes up a grand total of 3.58 GB on my hard drive, so it's not huge when you take into consideration how much space most computers have xD.

AMEN BROTHER! As a Veigar player myself(although I haven't played him much as of late due to my opponents picking his counters before I can pick >>), I saw this as a huge nerf. Not just for the loss of mana regen, but also the fact that the active itself was nerfed! I did the math, and it would take about 900 AP in order for the new active to equal the old active in damage, and even then the old one is still better by 0.5%! Granted, lategame a fed Veigar will probably have that much AP, but until then this is just a big nerf to Veigar's power. It's large enough that I've actually considered skipping DFG in the beginning and just rushing my deathcap and grabbing DFG afterwards. I haven't tried that out yet, but at this point it might be the more viable path =/. And the new item they're making probably won't help out Veigar, since it looks more in-line for helping out Anivia and Swain with their extreme mana-hungriness.

Alas this is true, but fear not! If you can get a group of friends to play with you often/get taught how to play well before jumping in by yourself(or both, preferably), then you'll do just fine. Plus if somebody really annoys you, you can just ignore them and report them after the game to be dealt with by the Tribunal(the thingy that punishes people who are toxic to the community).

Speaking of playing with a group of friends, why don't we all make a ranked team together? It would probably be much more fun to play with people that we know who wouldn't be douchebags, along with easier communications with teammates(if everybody has a mic and Skype) while having fun at the same time. I would certainly be up for it, although don't expect me to play AD carry or support if we do this - I have bad luck as AD carry(DAMN YOU GRAVES/ALISTAR!!!!!!!!!!), and I don't find support particularly fun to play.

• Brohoof 1