Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Official League of Legends Thread

Vicke

(edited)

Thanks! I used to go Doran's, but I read somewhere sword+3pots worked better and it does work well in unranked. I'll try Doran's -> IE->Boots/BT->PD->LW to see if I can get a win. 

Good luck lol. For the record though, try swapping out BT for BotRK against teams with lots of health; Jinx doesn't need AS but the passive helps against the health stackers

Edited by KokuraiNoSenshi

Small update after my first few weeks in ranked. I'm not a fan.

I mean, I usually do pretty good as Jinx in unranked, but in ranked, I always get out-farmed/out-killed due to either support being bad or me getting poked way too much. If we're doing ok bot, it's one of the other positions that gets obliterated.

I had pretty good placement matches that gave me a Silver 3 rank, but I dropped to 4 and keep dropping because I can't win a game. I think I must have 10-20% winning since the provisional matches...

As for Jinx build, I usually max Q, then W, then E.

I start long sword+3 pots, vamipiric scepter and boots first back. After that I get an infinity Edge and Berserk boots, then complete my bloodthirster. After that, I go Phantom Dancer and Last whipser. Usually complete with Guardian Angel or Mercury scimitar depending if enemy is heavy CC/AP.

Am I doing something wrong or do am I just bad?  :lol:

You need to step your game up then. You shouldn't just suddenly get shit on because you swapped from a normal to ranked. I mean, I understand that you can, legit, get the worst of the worst in ranked as Ive had all that happen, but Ive not had myself truly shit on just from swapping when in my preferred/better lanes. When you go into it, go into it with the proper mindset and whenever something goes wrong, don't look at everyone else's fault, but your own. Ive had the same basic streak for me (full of losses from bullshit with minor wins, though, I did have a 6 win streak that just ended up the same way after a while), but Ive not dropped from my original rank cause I manage to keep myself there.

Im glad you max Q first over W. I see too many Jinx's shoot that thing only to miss somehow for it to be useless. Besides, attack speed is king. \o/

I dont understand why you don't just start dorans blade and a pot. Its decent beginning health and some moderate lifesteal to boot. Hell, people actually stack them and it works pretty well at times. Add that with your lifesteal quints and you can actually sustain from crazy damage if you're smart.

Sceptar and boots aren't bad if you cant get a BF Sword or just wanna be safe even if you're ahead.

I would personally get IE if Im ahead (I usually don't like doing this, however, cause I prefer the old path of adc builds) or BT and then shoot immediately for PD or SS (people say to get this if you're behind since it's cheaper, but Ive never understood that personally and always get PD for its passive to walk through minions.) instead of more damage. Why? Chase and get away game, mate. I also rush Furor boots just so I can either kite or get the fuck out if I need to. I'm also a sucker for super attack speed, but that's not important atm. x)

Otherwise, you have a very normal adc build that would work for most things. It's much more normal than my adc build path that goes like:

Doran's Blade start>VS/BT>(if I can't afford the full item or pieces to it at all) Boots>(if I can't afford the full item or pieces to it at all) lvl 2 boots>(if I can't afford the full item or pieces to it at all) lvl 3 boots>IE/BT depending on how I feel>PD>SS(Unless I just know I have to be normal, then I get the other damage or LW first)>LW>BT/IE (Whichever I don't have).

Do. Not. Rush. Boots. Like. Me. I do not know why I do it, fucking christ it's not smart, but it works for me for whatever reason. xD

I mean, I usually get tier 3 after my PD, but Ive been rushing them even before a full IE or BT. Not really smart when you think on it. "Oh, I can chase for days, but no damage lol"

I'm also a sucker for attack speed as I said earlier, which is why I get both PD and SS. I don't get anything defensive cause for the most part, no one can actually touch me from either my own kiting or my team being around me. I do this for literally, just about every ADC I play. I haven't had to buy a GA in so long and man, am I happy about that. I really never liked getting that item at all. x)

Good luck lol. For the record though, try swapping out BT for BotRK against teams with lots of health; Jinx doesn't need AS but the passive helps against the health stackers

Eww, BotRK on Jinx. :l

That's like throwing a Runaan's on her. You make me sad. :z

While she doesn't NEED the AS, AS kills, mate. I'll take AS over most anyday.

• Brohoof 2

#BronzieForLife

Lols but seriously, I don't play a lot of ADC... I just was recommending based on what I see from the Jinx's I play with :P In fact I specifically said "You should probably ask Haven or someone who is a bot lane main though" because I knew I would make at least 1 stupid decision XD

• Brohoof 1

You need to step your game up then. You shouldn't just suddenly get shit on because you swapped from a normal to ranked. I mean, I understand that you can, legit, get the worst of the worst in ranked as Ive had all that happen, but Ive not had myself truly shit on just from swapping when in my preferred/better lanes. When you go into it, go into it with the proper mindset and whenever something goes wrong, don't look at everyone else's fault, but your own. Ive had the same basic streak for me (full of losses from bullshit with minor wins, though, I did have a 6 win streak that just ended up the same way after a while), but Ive not dropped from my original rank cause I manage to keep myself there.

Im glad you max Q first over W. I see too many Jinx's shoot that thing only to miss somehow for it to be useless. Besides, attack speed is king. \o/

I dont understand why you don't just start dorans blade and a pot. Its decent beginning health and some moderate lifesteal to boot. Hell, people actually stack them and it works pretty well at times. Add that with your lifesteal quints and you can actually sustain from crazy damage if you're smart.

Sceptar and boots aren't bad if you cant get a BF Sword or just wanna be safe even if you're ahead.

I would personally get IE if Im ahead (I usually don't like doing this, however, cause I prefer the old path of adc builds) or BT and then shoot immediately for PD or SS (people say to get this if you're behind since it's cheaper, but Ive never understood that personally and always get PD for its passive to walk through minions.) instead of more damage. Why? Chase and get away game, mate. I also rush Furor boots just so I can either kite or get the fuck out if I need to. I'm also a sucker for super attack speed, but that's not important atm. x)

Otherwise, you have a very normal adc build that would work for most things. It's much more normal than my adc build path that goes like:

Doran's Blade start>VS/BT>(if I can't afford the full item or pieces to it at all) Boots>(if I can't afford the full item or pieces to it at all) lvl 2 boots>(if I can't afford the full item or pieces to it at all) lvl 3 boots>IE/BT depending on how I feel>PD>SS(Unless I just know I have to be normal, then I get the other damage or LW first)>LW>BT/IE (Whichever I don't have).

Do. Not. Rush. Boots. Like. Me. I do not know why I do it, fucking christ it's not smart, but it works for me for whatever reason. xD

I mean, I usually get tier 3 after my PD, but Ive been rushing them even before a full IE or BT. Not really smart when you think on it. "Oh, I can chase for days, but no damage lol"

I'm also a sucker for attack speed as I said earlier, which is why I get both PD and SS. I don't get anything defensive cause for the most part, no one can actually touch me from either my own kiting or my team being around me. I do this for literally, just about every ADC I play. I haven't had to buy a GA in so long and man, am I happy about that. I really never liked getting that item at all. x)

Thanks! I lost my first try with Doran in ranked, but I had a WW "support" vs a good Braum support...

Will try your order and see how it goes!

Wow, just fucking wow.

I'm going 10/2 as Jinx right now in a ranked game and guess what? THE FUCKING SERVER STARTS SHITTING ITSELF. WE'RE GONNA LOSE BECAUSE OF FUCKING SERVERS. COME THE FUCK ON, RIOT, GODDAMN.

• Brohoof 1

Wow, just fucking wow.

I'm going 10/2 as Jinx right now in a ranked game and guess what? THE FUCKING SERVER STARTS SHITTING ITSELF. WE'RE GONNA LOSE BECAUSE OF FUCKING SERVERS. COME THE FUCK ON, RIOT, GODDAMN.

My game has been laggy as hell lately... I mean, I have my usual 60 FPS, 90 ping, & yet it still jutters & stutters like crazy... It is so bad I can't even play without it going to hell, which really sucks because I haven't been able to use the Aatrox build & skin which is driving me up a wall :(

(edited)

Thanks! I lost my first try with Doran in ranked, but I had a WW "support" vs a good Braum support...

Will try your order and see how it goes!

Umm, WW isnt a support....

And Braum is an op support...

What in the fuck was that WW thinking? He has no cc and people just walk away from him...what in the balls, man. :l

And good luck with it, mate!

Also, do remember that different things work for different people. You don't necessarily have to follow the normal way of doing things if you don't like them and your way works for you.

My game has been laggy as hell lately... I mean, I have my usual 60 FPS, 90 ping, & yet it still jutters & stutters like crazy... It is so bad I can't even play without it going to hell, which really sucks because I haven't been able to use the Aatrox build & skin which is driving me up a wall :(

No, my whole team dc'd with me. I have a straight 500 Ping and cant even move. I havn't had any lag other than the literal server shitting itself in such a way. I don't get lag.

Edited by Haven
  • Brohoof 1

What in the fuck was that WW thinking? He has no cc and people just walk away from him...what in the balls, man. :l

No, my whole team dc'd with me. I have a straight 500 Ping and cant even move. I havn't had any lag other than the literal server shitting itself in such a way. I don't get lag.

I meant lag as in terms of the screen freaking out... I am not sure if is my end or the servers. One minute I swear it is something on my end, but then I go around & everyone else seems to be having some level of issues with the servers...

(edited)

When I play ADCs, I usually try to rush my IE, beginning with the BF sword. I, as many other players, start Doran's Blade + 1 pot, since I believe the stats on Doran's are more immediately useful to me. In addition, I rarely buy a BT until quite late in the game unless I'm somehow crushing the enemy team, in which case I'll buy the BT third. Otherwise I go IE => PD => LW => boots BT => a defensive. 

BT just isn't that good of an item any more. An ADC's job is to shit out damage, and the new BT isn't conducive to shitting out damage. It's much better to start IE unless you're a Bork user, like Vayne or Tristana. Jinx also functions well with bork in theory, but her short range while in the stance that gives her her AS steroid is what makes it a poor item on her. 

Getting boots earlier rather than later also hurts you more than it helps. You're looking for straight up power during the laning phase so you can fight with the enemy bot lane and win, and boots don't give you that. Even if you get T2 boots, your dueling power is severely diminished compared to someone who got a Pickaxe instead, for example. 20% AS just isn't worth the 1kg investment. You're paying for MS mostly, and that doesn't help you when you're staring at the enemy ADC shooting away.

Regarding the lag, I got shit out of a game that we might have been able to win had the servers not shit themselves. And I got marked with a leave, too! Buncha crap.

Edited by SirHandMan
  • Brohoof 1

BT just isn't that good of an item any more. An ADC's job is to shit out damage, and the new BT isn't conducive to shitting out damage any more. It's much better to start IE unless you're a Bork user, like Vayne or Tristana. Jinx also functions well with bork in theory, but her short range while in the stance that gives her her AS steroid is what makes it a poor item on her. 

I have been noticing some assassin's taking BT lately... One of them being RedMercy, a huge Zed fan, recommending it in his assassin style (he has a duelist & an assassin guide for Zed on his channel) due to the blanket AD boost. Just wanted to mention that lol

Regarding the lag, I got shit out of a game that we might have been able to win had the servers not shit themselves. And I got marked with a leave, too! Buncha crap.

You too??? I am sensing a pattern here...

And good luck with it, mate!

Also, do remember that different things work for different people. You don't necessarily have to follow the normal way of doing things if you don't like them and your way works for you.

When I play ADCs, I usually try to rush my IE, beginning with the BF sword. I, as many other players, start Doran's Blade + 1 pot, since I believe the stats on Doran's are more immediately useful to me. In addition, I rarely buy a BT until quite late in the game unless I'm somehow crushing the enemy team, in which case I'll buy the BT third. Otherwise I go IE => PD => LW => boots BT => a defensive. 

BT just isn't that good of an item any more. An ADC's job is to shit out damage, and the new BT isn't conducive to shitting out damage any more. It's much better to start IE unless you're a Bork user, like Vayne or Tristana. Jinx also functions well with bork in theory, but her short range while in the stance that gives her her AS steroid is what makes it a poor item on her. 

Getting boots earlier rather than later also hurts you more than it helps. You're looking for straight up power during the laning phase so you can fight with the enemy bot lane and win, and boots don't give you that. Even if you get T2 boots, your dueling power is severely diminished compared to someone who got a Pickaxe instead, for example. 20% AS just isn't worth the 1kg investment. You're paying for MS mostly, and that doesn't help you when you're staring at the enemy ADC shooting away.

I don't know if it's luck but I did a lot better.  :lol:

Went 10-1-3 with a Lee support   :wau:  (vs Thresh+Caitlyn) who went 8-3-11 himself since he started roaming when we started to dominate. We won the game 27 - 8 (FF)

Next game I went 11/13/10 with a Ziggs support :confused: (vs Leona and Sivir) that went 3/9/13. We lost 49-35. We got several disconnect throughout the game though. Game was tight, but we  :derp:  a teamfight and got aced.

Results for today 1 loss, 1 loss prevented and a win with Jinx, 1 loss with Cait (They took my Jinx! :angry: ). Better than last time with like 4 losses. My loss (which came first) dropped me to Silver V though... Currently 10 W in 31 games. I went a combined 24-  36 - 25 ( 22-25-18 with Jinx), 21-14- 13 after both your advices.

• Brohoof 1

Hey I absolutely suck as Singed but want to get better as him. Any tips from you lovely people?

There's a way to be good at Singed? Last I checked being "good" with him was when you just get tanky and be that irritating asshole who keeps running around the enemy base and jungle non stop, getting kills from stupid people who smoke on your poison. :lol:

Seriously though, ive nothing for that. The only thing I know about Singed is that he is that annoying asshole no one really likes.

Yesterday played Nasus again. Went top lane with Tryndamere as opponent.

Tryn tried to poke me with skill 3 and 2

I counter with wither/spirit fire/siphon strike.

Tryn leave with 3/4 max hp, I'm still full.

Snowballing like crazy afterward.

P.S. If your enemy have a 600+ AP Katarina, You're bucked

@,

All you'd need to do against a fed kata is using a stun/silence or anything that'd stop her ult. If you don't have it yourself tell a teammate that does to not use it until kata ults. 

Anyway if someone cares add "burningscythe" on EUW, I main Shyvana mostly jungle, top if I need to.

If anyone needs advice for Shyvana just ask, if you know how to carry a game all you need to do is powerfarming until you have feral. Fastest time I've got feral would be at around 11 minutes.

I'm ashamed to say this, but last night I played my first ever game as Annie, and I've been level 30 for at least a year. It's taken me at least 2 years to play Annie!

Though what I'm not ashamed of, is the results:
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1475240946/203400432

Unfortunately in the last game I played as her, I went against an overly aggressive Leona and got my cute little loli ass kicked.

• Brohoof 1

I'm ashamed to say this, but last night I played my first ever game as Annie, and I've been level 30 for at least a year. It's taken me at least 2 years to play Annie!

Though what I'm not ashamed of, is the results:

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1475240946/203400432

Unfortunately in the last game I played as her, I went against an overly aggressive Leona and got my cute little loli ass kicked.

At least you built her right, ive seen some shit.

But, dat wota doe.

If she's overly agressive then you chill back with a stun always proc'd or at least between 2 and 3 depending on your reaction time and how long you can survive when she jumps to you.