Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Official League of Legends Thread

Vicke

1 hour ago, Yakamaru said:

I have played mostly normal games, and for fun. I hit Platinum V last season. Hit it fast, and didn't give a fuck after that.

I am currently in Gold V because I am already sick of the community after only three days of playing. Early game go incredibly well, then morons completely lose out on mid to late game.

Everything from wrong focus to always being  caught to the dumbest crap, like for instance overextending. Simple mistakes you'd expect someone on Bronze V to do. Lack of awareness, not to mention map awareness and a lack of communication.

You shouldn't really think about your teammates and expect much of them in any elo for that matter, not even talking about Gold V. Play a hypercarry like Twitch if you have trouble lategame:D 

Ah yeah, I miss my early days aswell. I started late S4, so I missed out on quite a lot, but playing normals as a 5 prem were some good times. Now it's just grinding through boring rankeds, getting permabanned, and climbing again.

1 minute ago, Niko said:

You shouldn't really think about your teammates and expect much of them in any elo for that matter, not even talking about Gold V. Play a hypercarry like Twitch if you have trouble lategame:D 

Ah yeah, I miss my early days aswell. I started late S4, so I missed out on quite a lot, but playing normals as a 5 prem were some good times. Now it's just grinding through boring rankeds, getting permabanned, and climbing again.

Heh. I've been playing since the Beta. I have a ton of skins. I don't even wanna think about the money spent on skins. :P

I don't play bot. I never play bot unless I have a partner I know I can trust when we go all in.

I play mid and top, in that order.

55 minutes ago, Yakamaru said:

Heh. I've been playing since the Beta. I have a ton of skins. I don't even wanna think about the money spent on skins. :P

I don't play bot. I never play bot unless I have a partner I know I can trust when we go all in.

I play mid and top, in that order.

Play him jungle mate :^)

2 hours ago, Yakamaru said:

Ok, I got back into League, despite saying I stopped playing.

avnguBx.jpg

CDR Ult spamming Lux is still OP as fuck as I remember it.

Anything can work in low elo, ye. Lux is a decent pick I guess. As long as you enjoy the champ, you can get to diamond with pretty much anything. Any elo below that is below average, so some weird shit can still work;D

• 5 weeks later...

I did a rework of my Champion Idea to better reflect Kronos' character:

New League of Legends Idea

Name: Kronos, the Psychotic Cyborg

Type: Tank/Support

Passive: Restless Spirits: Your personalities want to come out and unleash their wrath so badly. You gain increased mana regeneration while your abilities are on cooldown. The more abilities that are on cooldown, the greater your mana regeneration bonus. (15%/25%/50% +150% of bonus AP extra mana regeneration bonus at level 1/11/16)

Q: Wrath of the Dominion: You give yourself or target allied champion gains 10%, 15%, 25%, 35%, 50% AD & AP (AD bonus +150% of current AD and Armor and AP bonus +150% of current AP and Magic Resist)

Cooldown (30/25/20/15/10)

Cost: (15/30/45/60/75)

W: Aegis of the Guardian: You give yourself or target allied champion gains 25%, 45%, 55%, 65%, 80% Armor and Magic Resist (Armor bonus +150% of current AD and Magic Resist bonus +150% of current AP)

Cooldown (35/30/25/20/15)

Cost: (10/20/30/40/50)

E: Angel’s Smite: Kronos targets a circular area and, after a set delay, bombards the area with holy light, dealing massive Magic Damage and applying (up to 15%, 20%, 25%, 30%, 35%) slow or (1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3 second) stun on enemies and giving allies (5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25% +100% current AD) Attack Speed and (25%, 35%, 45%, 55%, 65% +100% of current AP) Movement Speed depending on their proximity to the center of the bombardment. The Movement Speed and Attack Speed bonuses given to allies slowly decays over a few seconds.

Cooldown (45/40/35/30/25)

Cost: (15/25/35/45/55)

R: Unleash the Beast: Kronos unleashes his inner beast, gaining (75%, 95%, 115%) Attack Speed, (65%, 85%, 105%) Movement Speed and (20%, 30%, 40%) Life Steal. Kronos gains 1% of Life Steal for every 1% of health missing.

Cooldown (90/75/60)

Cost: (60/85/110)

Edited by Kronos the Revenant

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2017 at 0:27 PM, Niko said:

Anything can work in low elo, ye. Lux is a decent pick I guess. As long as you enjoy the champ, you can get to diamond with pretty much anything. Any elo below that is below average, so some weird shit can still work;D

What. Anything below diamond is below average? How many people are diamond these days? I'm pretty sure its still around 1-2% last I checked. I think you're either stroking your ego here or you're really disconnected with the average player.

• Brohoof 2

On 10/13/2017 at 1:33 AM, Dark Rider said:

What. Anything below diamond is below average? How many people are diamond these days? I'm pretty sure its still around 1-2% last I checked. I think you're either stroking your ego here or you're really disconnected with the average player.

Statistically speaking, yes, the percentages are pretty low, but when it comes to overall playrate difference, master 0lp and rank 1 have the same difference in terms of gameplay quality  as gold and dia, so yeah :^) I think the reason behind the fact that people can't acknowledge why anything below d5 is below average is that they don't understand how much further progress there is to be made. They think of challengers as the PERFECT players and that if you're challenger you have no room to improve, as in 400lp and 1000lp are the same, which is absurd.

3 hours ago, Niko said:

Statistically speaking, yes, the percentages are pretty low, but when it comes to overall playrate difference, master 0lp and rank 1 have the same difference in terms of gameplay quality  as gold and dia, so yeah :^) I think the reason behind the fact that people can't acknowledge why anything below d5 is below average is that they don't understand how much further progress there is to be made. They think of challengers as the PERFECT players and that if you're challenger you have no room to improve, as in 400lp and 1000lp are the same, which is absurd.

I guess if you like comparing normal people to the ideal "perfect player" then sure you're right. But I find it unfair to compare players to robotic levels of perfection. After all who cares how good you are in terms of perfection, if you can't stand on a leg in whatever region you play in?

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought about another rework of Kronos during a car ride to school:

New League of Legends Idea

Name: Kronos, the Psychotic Cyborg

Type: Tank/Support

Passive: Dormant Power: Your personalities want to come out and unleash their wrath so badly. You gain increased mana regeneration while your abilities are on cooldown. The more abilities that are on cooldown, the greater your mana regeneration bonus. (15%-95% +150% of bonus AP extra mana regeneration bonus) Also, while your mana pool is full, your skills are on a much greater cooldown (100%-440% cooldown reduction bonus (+20% CDR bonus per level))

Q: Wrath of the Dominion: You give yourself or target allied champion gains 10%/15%/25%/35%/50% AD & AP (AD bonus +150% of current AD and Armor and AP bonus +150% of current AP and Magic Resist) as well as 10%/15%/25%/35%/50% of Armor and Magic Penetration.

Cooldown (30/25/20/15/10)

Cost: (15/30/45/60/75)

W: Aegis of the Guardian: You give yourself or target allied champion gains 25%, 45%, 55%, 65%, 80% Armor and Magic Resist (Armor bonus +150% of current AD and Magic Resist bonus +150% of current AP)

Cooldown (35/30/25/20/15)

Cost: (10/20/30/40/50)

E: Angel’s Smite: Kronos targets a circular area and, after a set delay, bombards the area with holy light, dealing massive Magic Damage and applying (up to 15%, 20%, 25%, 30%, 35%) slow or (1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3 second) stun on enemies and giving allies (5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25% +100% current AD) Attack Speed and (25%, 35%, 45%, 55%, 65% +100% of current AP) Movement Speed depending on their proximity to the center of the bombardment. The Movement Speed and Attack Speed bonuses given to allies slowly decays over a few seconds.

Cooldown (45/40/35/30/25)

Cost: (15/25/35/45/55)

R: Unleash the Beast: Kronos unleashes his inner beast, gaining (75%, 95%, 115%) Attack Speed, (65%, 85%, 105%) Movement Speed and (20%, 30%, 40%) Life Steal. Kronos gains 1% of Life Steal for every 1% of health missing.

Cooldown (90/75/60)

Cost: (60/85/110)

Edited by Kronos the Revenant

I've been considering getting back into League recently, mostly just because I really like the new Runes Reforged, probably the best gameplay change since about Season 5 in my opinion. Still only considering because of the absurd amount of toxicity that probably hasn't gotten any better, and I'd think probably has gotten worse. I may stop playing Paladins soon anyways because Hi-Rez is seemingly trying to make the game worse and using the "it's still in beta" excuse.

Maybe I could actually make a completely new account so the soft ranked resets don't mess up my attempts at climbing the ladder. Or figure out a way to making it run on my computer without it attempting to explode and make it actually playable with the extremely bad internet I have at the moment. Heck, it's three times slower than my old internet and that couldn't run it under 100 ping most of the time...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2017 at 6:39 AM, Annie said:

Ornn, Evelynn rework, and then... this?

That's a very sudden and jarring plummet in quality.

Sorry for a late response but please revert this champ, so god damn annoying holy

I really hope it's just the fact that we haven't gotten used to her kit still...

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2017 at 1:43 PM, Niko said:

Sorry for a late response but please revert this champ, so god damn annoying holy

I really hope it's just the fact that we haven't gotten used to her kit still...

She's still considered the best mid in the game, about a patch later because she can literally 2 shot someone in lane with only a Doran's Ring, only using an ability that only has a 3 second cooldown. Doesn't help she can get Gunblade actives that early as well., and she can have THREE FLASHES... Just why does that need to exist, Riot? 

It's like they're trying to break their own game.

Edited by Duzzki

On 12/21/2017 at 11:26 PM, Duzzki said:

She's still considered the best mid in the game, about a patch later because she can literally 2 shot someone in lane with only a Doran's Ring, only using an ability that only has a 3 second cooldown. Doesn't help she can get Gunblade actives that early as well., and she can have THREE FLASHES... Just why does that need to exist, Riot? 

It's like they're trying to break their own game.

Same thoughts man:D I don't really enjoy League anymore as a game anyway, but it's still annoying to see champions like this. The designer of Yasuo made her, so I guess that explains a lot.

20 hours ago, Niko said:

Same thoughts man:D I don't really enjoy League anymore as a game anyway, but it's still annoying to see champions like this. The designer of Yasuo made her, so I guess that explains a lot.

I personally think the new runes, though, were actually an improvement to the game and one of the first in a long time. Sure there are broken ones *cough cough* Press the Attack, Kleptomancy *cough cough*. Honestly, even with Zoe and Ornn being a thing, I'd like to really get back into it personally, (of course, not before using /muteall most of the time because I'm sick and tired of the childishness). After all, it looks to be better than when I left around early Season 7. Though 'Zix is more broken than he even was back in those days from what I've seen. 

Part of the reason I may play again is because of the Urgot rework

• 3 months later...
17 hours ago, Flow said:

Everyone loves Lux, especially when you snipe people.

Honestly not a fan :^) 

On 3/27/2018 at 3:19 PM, Flow said:

Well I am lol.

Every ranged poke mage is pretty c4nc3r to play against, especially since they usually run barrier and such. Zhonyas + their defensive spells + barrier is very annoying to deal with as a Shaq player, you feel me?

1 minute ago, Niko said:

Every ranged poke mage is pretty c4nc3r to play against, especially since they usually run barrier and such. Zhonyas + their defensive spells + barrier is very annoying to deal with as a Shaq player, you feel me?

I know that feeling very well, especially when they outrange you.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking of getting back in to League lately, just don't have any clue if I have the long-term motivation for it.

League today isn't the League that I fell in love with but I do have an open mind. I just wish I had the energy to re-learn the whole ass game every time i come back it feels different.

On 4/9/2018 at 9:23 AM, Annie said:

I've been thinking of getting back in to League lately, just don't have any clue if I have the long-term motivation for it.

League today isn't the League that I fell in love with but I do have an open mind. I just wish I had the energy to re-learn the whole ass game every time i come back it feels different.

Depends, really. If you want to have fun and only that you don't really need to re-learn everything from scratch. Playing like an average player is more than enough for that (depends on the person). Some muscle memory and basic game knowledge, get a clue on what's changed and you're gucci.