Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Official League of Legends Thread

Vicke

I'm more of a Dota 2 man my self but I can see why people can like LoL more.  It just a couple of things that make me not want to play LoL.  First the idea that only a few Heros are unlock a week and they keep getting switch out make a guy who doesn't own (or want mind you) a credit card to get a character were in Dota 2 there all unlock from the get go.  I get that you should learn all the character as best you can but I like a few on the side just incase.  Also I learned some thing like its becoming a "pay-to-win" game now.  I don't know if that true but if someone could answer that thanks. Not much else.  I just spent more time with Dota 2 to try another to get caught up with characters and how they play to play LoL.  Still not saying its a bad game by the way.

Well, you don't need to pay real money for the champions, that's because as you play games, you earn influence points or IP, which can also be used to unlock champions.

The game isn't really pay to win because the biggest advantage you can get from the store are runes and you have to pay IP for them, so you have to actually play a lot of games to get a full set.

So if you decide you really like a champion you just have to buy them with IP to unlock them permanently.

The only thing you can get with real money that you can't get with IP are skins, but those are just pure cosmetics and do not really affect the game.

DotA 2 and LoL are both great games, feel free to give LoL a try, it isn't that bad.

• Brohoof 1

I'm more of a Dota 2 man my self but I can see why people can like LoL more.  It just a couple of things that make me not want to play LoL.  First the idea that only a few Heros are unlock a week and they keep getting switch out make a guy who doesn't own (or want mind you) a credit card to get a character were in Dota 2 there all unlock from the get go.  I get that you should learn all the character as best you can but I like a few on the side just incase.  Also I learned some thing like its becoming a "pay-to-win" game now.  I don't know if that true but if someone could answer that thanks. Not much else.  I just spent more time with Dota 2 to try another to get caught up with characters and how they play to play LoL.  Still not saying its a bad game by the way.

The idea behind switching out the characters every week is that, in early levels, they want diverse character selection, and higher levels want to try out new champs. LoL will never be pay-to-win because you can get anything 'game changing' by playing the game enough. Sure you can pay to get a new champ, but one of the best characters-Garren-can be bought for a relatively low IP cost. The only things you absolutely HAVE to buy with Riot Points, which you can also buy from a convenience store, are skins and bundles. Bundles are multiple champions grouped together with a few skins.

• Brohoof 2

OMG A LoL THREAD, HOW DOES IT COME I NEVER HEARD OF IT?

(92 pages, impressive)

is there any introduction needed or whatever?

anyway, its good to know that this thing exist ^^

• Brohoof 2

Is it wrong that one of my favourite champions is Heimerdinger?

The idea of a genius just attracts me to him even if he is considered underpowered compared to people like Akali 

Heim is underpowered? This is new to me. He may not be as broken as Akali, but I always remember my brother doing well with her. The short answer is no. The long answer is nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Have fun~

• Brohoof 1

Thought some of the comments I've gotten I understand a few more things but I think LoL is a "pay-to-win" when you look at the metagame level of things.  You can give someone 1.0 extra mana regen and you completely screw everything up.  To some they don't think about it may think its fine but in the long term of the game you have 1 character (or more) who have more then they should and it can mean you can win or lose because that guy had mana problems but can get a ruin that helps with that a bit and not worry about it for a while and get better items quick.  Thanks but I'll stay with Dota 2.  The MM shit (or isn't real) and the community annoy (that coming from a CoD player) at times but still a bit better to me.  NOT SAYING LoL IS A BAD GAME.  Just needs rethinking is all.

• Brohoof 1

@@Jghx5

Runes can only be bought with Influence points which you can only get by playing the game.

also if someone is having mana problems mid game they can get item that give that or there's blue buff, just because you don't have runes its not rely a disadvantage over being smart and knowing what items to get and how to play your champ.

the only thing that is play to win is the neon Vi skin because the enemy can't handle the win (also if you taunt Leona you take 1 less damage from her ult)

• Brohoof 2

You can give someone 1.0 extra mana regen and you completely screw everything up. 

Well, you don't need to pay real money for the champions, that's because as you play games, you earn influence points or IP, which can also be used to unlock champions.

The game isn't really pay to win because the biggest advantage you can get from the store are runes and you have to pay IP for them, so you have to actually play a lot of games to get a full set.

You can't get the advantage of 1 extra mana regen per sec by paying, you only can get that with IP, and you only get IP by playing the game not by paying money.

• Brohoof 1

the only thing that is play to win is the neon Vi skin because the enemy can't handle the win (also if you taunt Leona you take 1 less damage from her ult)

You would mean that Neon Strike Vi skin that I have with the glasses that can be put on or removed right?

Its the hidden passive where all people wearing eye protection take 1% (or 1) less damage from light based attacks then what it is intended to do.

Edited by Moon Wave
  • Brohoof 1

Don't suppose anyone has downloaded RazorComms(beta)

just downloaded it and it seem pretty good, unlike skype you can bring it up with out LoL minimizing and from what iv'e heard you can talk with out the risk of it causing high ping which Skype does to me all the time. But I kind want to find that out for myself.

i started playing with zed (free and such, nice chance)

he is a really awesome champion, even thou he is kinda duplicated complicated (i was about to delete my misuse of english, but then i understood it isnt wrong this time, so i just ---- it XP)

im kinda badass with him, but i feel like i dont use all of him, are there any players who has expiriance with zed?

i started playing with zed (free and such, nice chance)

he is a really awesome champion, even thou he is kinda duplicated complicated (i was about to delete my misuse of english, but then i understood it isnt wrong this time, so i just ---- it XP)

im kinda badass with him, but i feel like i dont use all of him, are there any players who has expiriance with zed?

I play Zed every now and then. He's one of my favourites and his kit just clicked with me. I play him where I can, but mainly take him into the jungle, because getting fed with him is rather easy with some ad and his ulti ^^

Edited by Toasty
  • Brohoof 1

I play Zed every now and then. He's one of my favourites and his kit just clicked with me. I play him where I can, but mainly take him into the jungle, because getting fed with him is rather easy with some ad and his ulti ^^

so there arent any tricks with him? why do people call him a character which hard to play? O_O

now i have to try jungling with him XD

so there arent any tricks with him? why do people call him a character which hard to play? O_O

now i have to try jungling with him XD

There aren't too many tricks I think. At least nothing out of the ordinary. And people say he's hard to play?

And he's quite a fast/strong jungler. His E's short cooldown and damage helps alot with it ^^

• Brohoof 2

Funny we're talking about Zed right now, because I've taken quite a strong liking to him this week. Soon I'll be able to buy him, too - I've been looking for a good top to buy. I had my sights originally set on Jayce, but...

He's just so fun to play. I really like his shadow mechanic, which can be used both defensively and offensively. My friend warned me against using it in the latter manner, but as long as I'm confident I won't get ganked, I use it as one of my more powerful poking tools. The fact that getting CS on him is super easy due to his passive is pretty sweet, too.

Oh, and that ult. "Muhaha!" Just makes me smile every time I use it to kill someone.

Here's one of my most recent (circa 10 minutes ago) escapades with him, when I was playing with my school buds. I broke several of my personal records with this game - most farm ever, along with most kills:

post-11300-0-86190400-1367215941_thumb.png

• Brohoof 2

3e48ae568a7746e890c63a0.png

I played with Toasty and Adiirus trying to put our 3v3 ranked into a League. This is what came of it ^^ We played a normal 3v3 before that. I went 15/0/4. I think I like Ez <3

• Brohoof 2

i need friends at league of legends

is anyone here from the EUNE server? i feel so alone from time to time (even thou i have some sort of team which is kinda always online), i want to have people from the internet D:

• Brohoof 1

i need friends at league of legends

is anyone here from the EUNE server? i feel so alone from time to time (even thou i have some sort of team which is kinda always online), i want to have people from the internet D:

One does not simply play on EUNE. 

Hmm, wait. Russians are gone to their own server now, right? Okay, i will take back what i said.

Even though the majority is on EUW.

One does not simply play on EUNE. 

Hmm, wait. Russians are gone to their own server now, right? Okay, i will take back what i said.

Even though the majority is on EUW.

it isnt fair, i live in the middle east, this is the only server that does not have lags for me D:

even thou my internet sucks, so even that aint so true :/

it isnt fair, i live in the middle east, this is the only server that does not have lags for me D:

even thou my internet sucks, so even that aint so true :/

No need to worry. EUNE should be a pretty good server with all the Russians out of the way. 

Now its the Polish people :<

They are just as bad xD

No need to worry. EUNE should be a pretty good server with all the Russians out of the way. 

Now its the Polish people :<

They are just as bad xD

and sooooo super irritating!

you cant believe how many noobs ><

yesterday someone in a game bragged about being pro cause he has a skin ._.

and sooooo super irritating!

you cant believe how many noobs ><

yesterday someone in a game bragged about being pro cause he has a skin ._.

I used to play on that server a good couple of months ago. And I feel sorry for you since you're stuck on it ;-;

Ranked solo queue on EUNE was a nightmare D:

Yoosha! 3 Ranked games wins in a row. 

I am on a fucking killing spree. Been playing Support Leona and its too stronk for anyone to handle. 

Also, people say Fizz is a good counter against Gragas. Well, i managed to make the Fizz rage quit. 

post-976-0-06609300-1367320303.png

inb4 telling me i have no kills. 

• Brohoof 3

So yeah, I happened to select the Frostguard to be my clan for that new event. The whole thing looks quite epic, and I am definitely trying for the 10.

Meanwhile, while it does feel like a lagfest on my computer (40 FPS. Summoner's Rift can do around 60 under normal conditions), the new ARAM mode is just plain epic to the end. Especially during my first game, when I got the luckiest champion selection I could get:

3OFQ4Bh.jpg