Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Snips has a Crush on Apple Bloom?

Mywas

Anyone else Noticed this in the episode the Cutie Pox:

368987__safe_animated_apple%2Bbloom_snai

Well Most of the fandom seems to ignore this moment. but this seems intresting. and cute  :wub:

(edited)

If I ever noticed that, I ignored it because I dislike Snips and Snails. But Snips far more than Snails. Meh...

And how shall we call it?

inb4 Snipplebloom... Oh my...

That's a genius shipping name...

It's, it's... it's...

Quick, help me, RD!

img-1658755-1-mlfw484_1302296223924.jpg

Edited by StatesTheOblivious
  • Brohoof 4

I think that's stretching it. She just embarrassed him is all. Just because you make a person blush doesn't mean they have a crush on you.

But if you want to ship them then go ahead.

As Rappy0 stated, I am also sure that it was just Snips being embarrassed, and i think this because the hula hoop spun around his face a tiny bit before reaching his neck. I also don't think he has a crush on AB because of the fact that it doesn't reference it at all during the entire series. So it wouldn't make any sense canon-wise.

Anyway, the gif is kinda adorable x3

I can't really say I am too big of a fan of Snips, but I wouldn't really blame him too much for having a crush on Applebloom. I have seen some fanart of Applebloom as a teenager and adult and I like what I see.

adult_applebloom_by_cloudcore-d5qyg10.pn

• Brohoof 3

To be honest, I think that an episode where Snips has a crush on Applebloom would make a somewhat decent episode of MLP.. It could teach good morals about young love or something.

But I might be saying that because I seem to be the only person who likes Snips and Snails

Well, it's a pretty small moment so we can't really say anything, but I think it's possible that he may like Applebloom. :3 Or he's just real shy in front of....crowds? 

But yeah, that's pretty interesting to see, so maybe he DOES. But in later episodes I mean he doesn't really show any other sort of affection or hints he has a crush on her. So maybe not. But who knows? :P Guess we'll have to watch out for it!

If that was just a one-off, then clearly Snips was embarrassed about something else. If that happened more consistently (which it did not), then you might have more solid evidence. Still, I'm wondering what'll happen in Season 4... (not like they'd go deeper in relationships anyway).

I think that was just a one time thing. Snips probably blushed at Apple Bloom being pretty good at her talent of hoops. Besides, even if Snips had an actual crush on Apple Bloom she wouldn't try to hurt his feelings since she may not like him.

(edited)

(not like they'd go deeper in relationships anyway).

I wouldn't really say that just yet, because, in the movie it showed Twilight falling in love with a colt. However in this dimension, the Colt barely knows twilight (I'm referring him as "The Colt" because I forgot what his name is and i'm too lazy to go look it up -_-). So maybe in the fourth season, Twilight will try to get the colt's attention and might become a frequently seen character throughout the series. I don't know much about him, but he seem's like a cool guy. However there IS one flaw, most movies are hardly ever canon when it comes from a popular series, so that brings doubt to mind. However, it did suggest that it was canon at certain points during the movie. But that's just me.

I'm totally going off-topic to what this thread is about x3

Edited by ChivalryKnight

I wouldn't really say that just yet, because, in the movie it showed Twilight falling in love with a colt. However in this dimension, the Colt barely knows twilight (I'm referring him as "The Colt" because I forgot what his name is and i'm too lazy to go look it up -_-). So maybe in the fourth season, Twilight will try to get the colt's attention and might become a frequently seen character throughout the series. I don't know much about him, but he seem's like a cool guy. However there IS one flaw, most movies are hardly ever canon when it comes from a popular series, so that brings doubt to mind. However, it did suggest that it was canon at certain points during the movie. But that's just me.

I'm totally going off-topic to what this thread is about x3

I like that idea, except... Flash Sentry won't appear in Season 4. That's how I came to my conclusion in the first place. And the movie wasn't meant to be part of canon... I think? (Not sure).

I think Snips just has an infatuation with people who show off or are popular because of something flashy such as Trixie or Applebloom in that one episode. I don't recall the episode very well, only saw it once when it first aired, but since there's no context that's the best I can come up with.

Given the lack of follow-up, it's more likely Snips would react that way to any filly paying any kind of attention to him, no matter how insignificantly. As socially isolate as Snips is, he could easily interpret that hoop toss as flirting no matter what Applebloom meant by it.

• Brohoof 1

Cant say that Im much into Snips and Snails but, that would be interesting to see if Snails does have an interest in Apple Bloom. I wouldn't be surprised if Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo had secret admirers of their own as well.

In other words, I do not support this pairing.  Nor do I support any usage of Snips and Snails that doesn't involve them getting eaten by a monster, squashed, exploded, eviscerated, crucified, or all of the above.

• Brohoof 1

I think that he's just an awkward-type pony who got a little red over a girl paying attention to him alone. Or, he could have actually had a crush on Apple Bloom. Not that I blame him, but usually the series hints at things, and there hasn't been anything else in the show that could suggest Snips had a crush on Apple Bloom.

Well I can't say that I can add to any more then to agree with what's already been said. I don't care for either one and think even Diamond Teria is only slightly more interesting with all her meanness.

And I'm not really big on the ship either but I do like that term Snipplebloom.. that at least has a cute ring to it

• Brohoof 1

I like that idea, except... Flash Sentry won't appear in Season 4. That's how I came to my conclusion in the first place. And the movie wasn't meant to be part of canon... I think? (Not sure).

Ms. McCarthy has stated that nothing in the movie is canon to FiM.  It exists within it's own separate universe.  I personally support this as I thought Flash Sentry was a weak, superficial character and undeserving of Twilight's affections. >_>  Might just be me though. 

• Brohoof 1

I think that he's just an awkward-type pony who got a little red over a girl paying attention to him alone.

"Oh my gosh, a girl is paying attention to me!  Don't look at her flank.  Don't look at her flank."

Is that more or less what you were trying to say?

• Brohoof 1

"Oh my gosh, a girl is paying attention to me!  Don't look at her flank.  Don't look at her flank."

Is that more or less what you were trying to say?

No, but that's a more humorous way of putting it. Though I guess with his character, that actually doesn't seem too unlikely. Who know?

• 2 weeks later...

It definitely looks like he has a crush on her, but it's most likely just that all boys have crushes on all girls (Mostly). Therefore, it's probably just the fact that it's a girl that did something, and has nothing to do with the fact that it's AppleBloom.