Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

KSP-Creations

I assume, that some of you are playing Kerbal Space Program aswell. If you are, please post all of your creations below. Here are some of mine ( a lot went missing after updating :( ) I hope you enjoy :D

9866mo.png

2aahtsk.png

qsm45f.png

33k9ow3.png

This one was under construction, when I got too frustrated with all the docking and left it alone :P

Oh hey, someone else who plays KSP! Sure, I'll post some of my screenshots, vehicles and things here.

2013-04-14_00046.jpg
2013-04-20_00011.jpg
2013-05-05_00022.jpg
SRBs left without the rocket...
2013-05-25_00022.jpg
Orbiting Minmus, so far the furthest I've been out from Kerbin

I would post some of my things, but it seems as if I have lost all of my screenies :( Guess I'll Just have to make more haha :P I wanna try makin a launcher system that takes off from the runway but can still get decent payloads into orbit

(edited)

*slow is slow*

@@Sapphire Lens,

a launcher system, that takes of the runway?

I would like to see that, while only using stockparts.

I used parts from the space shuttle mod to make something like that, that was able to deliver like 7 tons of payload to orbit. My heaviest lifter i ever built ( obviously launching from the launch pad ) was able to deliver almost 28 tons into KEO :P ( I put that big rover-truck thingy to the mun ( or minnmus? i dont remember. ) on the third picture in my first post with my 28-ton system. I also used it to help me build the first spacestation in my post. (13 dockings and counting.. ON THAT ONE SPACESTATION))

Edited by Guest

Yeah haha I'm treating it as a hybrid between a vertical launch and a spaceplane. It's going to have *massive* disposable wings to get me up to speed and high up in the atmosphere, then it will ditch those to leave me with a core that has a rocket very much like the mid section of the launch, with a skipper or maybe a cluster of aerospikes/nuclear. So far this seems capable of getting at least 10 tonnes to orbit, the problem is the takeoff :P

@@Sapphire Lens A cluster of nuclear engines as a mid section? For a 10 ton payload? --> Pic or I will call BS. What exactly are you planning on using as first stage? Jet engines?

Like i said I haven't gotten this off the runway yet. It's pretty terrible and ugly but yes it will have jet engines as a first stage, probably skipper and/or SRB's as a mid section, then nuclear for adjusting orbit. It's very much in early development atm :P It's also overly complicated, so i may just ditch the project

(edited)

I was thinking of making a SSTO transport plane, but due to the looming release of KSP 0.21 I've delayed all projects until the release of KSP 0.21. This includes a mission to Duna.

Edited by Daring

I am currently working on a 7-segment ( maybe more, depending on my amount of patience, when it comes to docking stuff ) interplanetary vehicle. I will post pictures/ more information, once its done/close to done

(edited)

Yeah haha I'm treating it as a hybrid between a vertical launch and a spaceplane. It's going to have *massive* disposable wings to get me up to speed and high up in the atmosphere, then it will ditch those to leave me with a core that has a rocket very much like the mid section of the launch, with a skipper or maybe a cluster of aerospikes/nuclear. So far this seems capable of getting at least 10 tonnes to orbit, the problem is the takeoff :P

I've never played this game, but why make the wings disposable?  Why not just make a carrier airplane like the ones used for Spaceship One and Spaceship Two?  That way you can re-use the hardware and have a higher launch rate at lower cost.  Now I've got to go and find this game... ;)

Edit: found their site and started downloading their demo version.  Are you guys all using the full version?

Edited by InvisiblePinkUnicorn

yeah, and i make the wings disposable just for simplicity. You cannot recover craft in this game so may as well :P also it's easier to design instead of trying to make two seperate vehicles that fly well, make one that sheds it's wings and turns into a mid stage rocket

You can't recover craft?  That seems like a major failing in the program, at least if there's any economics involved (e.g. you need 10 billion quatloos to build a space shuttle or whatever) and you can't just say, "I'm gonna start out by building a hundred Energiya heavy-lifters and bolt them together to launch my space colony."  Can you repurpose stuff?  Like, say, if you can get a Space Shuttle Main Tank into orbit, can you use it as a space station module?

(edited)

There are no economics just yet, but KSP 0.21 will allow recovery of craft.

And through some mods, yes, you can take parts of spacecraft and repurpose them. I had this one lifter that I called the TriStar (which may or may not be a reference to the Lockheed L-1011 TriStar... hey, it's a mostly-out-of-service passenger plane, but there's this one that's still active being used for space sciency stuff, N140SC :P) that used a basic, three-core three-sets-of-two-stacked-tanks initial lifter stage, a single-core single-tank booster stage and after that the rest of the spacecraft was free to go on its way. I used it on manned missions to the Mün and Minmus, as well as unmanned missions to deploy a satellite array around Kerbin. Although, due to the way how the Vehicle Assembly Building works now (you don't need a command pod in the VAB to save a ship anymore, and command pods can be swapped out at will without needing to rebuild the entire ship) mods shouldn't be really necessary anymore.

Edited by Daring

well the game is still technically in alpha i believe :P currently it's just a sandbox mode, and feels like it's in beta stage. They are working, elbeit slowly, on developing a career mode and are working on being able to make vehicles recoverable and whatnot. Also, as long as you have docking ports in resonable places, you can use anything for anything

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a couple of screenies, with Cocoon station, Rosemary mining station and Butterscotch :comeatus: supply shuttle

shot_140201_204956.png

shot_140201_225057.png

shot_140201_222233.png  

Also, just a silly thing I made to test out KerbPaint plugin (and my piloting skills) 

Kerbal%20Space%20Program_105.png

Edited by LunarWave

I keep trying to land on the Mun but something always goes wrong with Mechjeb on landing, or I don't have enough fuel and I crash. D:< anyone have a good moon colony lander I can use?

What kinda lander do you need? 

And what do you mean by colony lander?

I can make a lander easily, just tell what mods you have and what do you need from it (or whether you want it full-stock) 

I mean.. it is pretty easy to make a lander for the Mun. If I dont need precision, I just usually land it manually. 

What kinda lander do you need? 

And what do you mean by colony lander?

I can make a lander easily, just tell what mods you have and what do you need from it (or whether you want it full-stock) 

I mean.. it is pretty easy to make a lander for the Mun. If I dont need precision, I just usually land it manually.

Haha, I'm trying to set up a little colony on the Mun. I just keep running out of fuel on landing or come in way to fast and destroy the lander.

Haha, I'm trying to set up a little colony on the Mun. I just keep running out of fuel on landing or come in way to fast and destroy the lander.

Well, use MechJeb's delta-V stats for the lander stage to determine if you have enough fuel :)

You would need about 1000 delta to land, with some leftovers for corrections and things going badly. 

Also, watch you speed. And use MJ's surface stats. 

you dont want to go over 60 m/s above 1.5 km 

also, if you want, just tell me how many kerbals you need in the lander and what parts I can use, I can whip something up as soon as I'll figure out my spaceplane minmus landing :D 

Edited by LunarWave
  • Brohoof 1

Well, use MechJeb's delta-V stats for the lander stage to determine if you have enough fuel :)

You would need about 1000 delta to land, with some leftovers for corrections and things going badly. 

Also, watch you speed. And use MJ's surface stats. 

you dont want to go over 60 m/s above 1.5 km 

also, if you want, just tell me how many kerbals you need in the lander and what parts I can use, I can whip something up as soon as I'll figure out my spaceplane minmus landing :D

my lander had 20 kerbals in it. :3 maybe that's the reason why it was so heavy :P