Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it Xenophilia for Human to date a MLP FIM Pony?

Bendy

68 users have voted

1. 1. Is it Xenophilia?

• Yes, it's xenophilia.
    • No, it's bestiality.

(edited)

In the hypothetical event we ever met the sapient My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Ponies (no war blah blah blah) would it be Xenophilia or bestiality to date them... and um make love with them?

I'm asking your views on this.

Maybe, I'm sick in the head, but I view as long as your sapient minded like on the level of a Human or higher and not ugly I'd date you and treat just like a Human.

Sorry Zoidberg, I know your sapient minded. But you're too damn ugly. 

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 5

Yes, it is xenophilia and definitely not bestiality they may have some similarities to horses but they aren't the same as regular horses. If sometime in the future humans made contact with other sapient beings whether it be ponies or not I would treat them like humans so if I found one attractive and think that we might have some things in common than I would be open to dating them. 

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

I definitely agree it is xenophilia. For being attracted to those ponies, mane 6 for example(since it is common to be attracted to them), I see it as being no different than being attracted to human girls of similar personalities. These pony's have human like personalities; the majority of them have jobs, know how to work like humans, sleep, clean, and do recreation like humans. They even have their own form of currency for crying out loud! They have a sophisticated and diverse society that consists of many different subcultures, which can be easily observed throughout the show.  The only difference is how they are physically.(and the fact that some of them can be unicorns who perform magic, and pegasi who can fly...lol)

It's not bestiality! They are portrayed being as human as we are mentally! As long as one wouldn't go after them for looks alone....then something may seriously wrong there. lol

If humans were to some day encounter and meet these kind of sapient ponies, if I found one that shares the same interests and is fun enough to be around with and get to know better, I would consider dating them.

Edited by Dsanders17
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Depends:
Xenophillia I would consider to be a sentient species, that was capable of giving informed consent. If the species is not sentient and/or is not capable of giving informed (and testifiable) consent then that would be zoophilia/beastiality.
MLP ponies = xenophillia. Real life ponies = beastiality.

Edited by Scrumpy

Bestiality only applies to non-sapient creatures.

As a note, Xenophilia does not automatically mean sexual or romantic attraction, although that is how it popularly is used. It can also mean simply liking foreign cultures and people more than your own. This includes other human cultures and people from foreign countries, not just space aliens and the like. Westerners who are Japanophiles are a subset of Xenophiles, technically.

• Brohoof 1

As soon as that level of sentience is brought into the game, it is this kind of xenophilia. But there is still the problem with the actual love. Even though we are far more affected by our nurture and society than by our nature and biological evolution, we stll need hormones and pheromones to actually develop love. So xenophilia would always be limited to a certain point. But only a bit. We are meanwhile damn far away from biological evolution and adaptations as the only thing driving us further. So even the futility of xenophilia under the point of view of reproduction could be ignored up to a certain level. Our mind works more independend from our instincts with every generation. Emotions are not just bounded to these. I think at some point it will only be natural to have inter-species relationships in case we ever make peaceful and actual working contact to other sapient lifeforms.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yes it is xenophilia. To be attracted to another sentient race is xenophilia. This does not mean that whenever we meet a new race of sentient beings from another planet that we should treat them differently at all or treat the ones in a  inter-species relationship differently.

Sure it might be considered strange  and groups of people will probably even become hostile towards such a phenomenon for the first couple of years (perhaps even decades) but give it enough time and it'll become an everyday thing just like LGBT relationships.

Edited by Winterbass

Agreed. It's Xenophilia, not beastiality. Its the same thing as what Commander Shepard gets up to in Mass Effect... 

If hypothetically, Humans were to encounter ponies, I wouldn't object at all to a Human-pony relationship, heck, I'd probably prefer it to another Human. 

• Brohoof 6

Yep Xenophilia would be the correct term.. I remember that there was even a nsfw comic book back in the day from Phil Foglio (who used to the wonderful SFW art for the Myth Adventures series called Xenophile. All kinds of fantasy sexcapades with potions and magical creatures and such (and a centaur or two) and with humor as an angle. It's really not big a leap to imagine this, is it?

It is xenophilia no question. But how close is it to bestiality? Well it depends on how much of your attraction is emotional and how much is physical. Would I be physically attracted to a pony? No . But emotionally? Assuming they're of human level sapience, who knows?

(edited)

I agree with what people are saying, but if this did happen a sh%t storm would follow.

Person 1 I think it alright because we're like minded and understand each other

Person 2 rapid fire slurs  

Person 3 God wouldn't want it this way.

Oh lord just remember people fear what they don't understand. Even being friends with a talking pony may be illegal in some states. 

Edited by SkullCrusherX

Well i'm no expert, but I believe that bestiality referees to attractions and acting on the attraction to a non sapient being.

So I think it'd be Xenophila, because the Ponys are intelligent like humans, while it would be a bit different, and i'm not sure how or if any offspring could be produced(Or if it would be a good idea for them to be), but regardless it would still be Xenophila I believe.

Of course, we don't know anything about show ponies and the way they mate, so they may still have pony like mating habits for all we know, which could make it a bit weird, still besides that I still think its Xenophila, especially if ponies mate as humans do.

I looked it up and the definition isn't that clear. Bestiality is described as sex with an animal. Obviously humans and ponies are animals.

But it's definitely xenophilia. Ponies really aren't that much like any earth animal.

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm... Makes me think.

I think if such things existed, I'd prefer pegasi

j7g9w8.png

But not if they looked like ugly horses. If they were cute like in the cartoons, wouldn't mind.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

When talking in defense of clopping or other "sensitive" subjects, such as this one, people tend to bring forth the "I like them because of their personalitites" -defense.
Come now, you guys.
The physical appearance and the cuteness factor make up at least 40% of the charm here.
I mean, I don't consider myself a shallow douchebag, who only chooses his partners based solely on

the looks, but I'm not going to date a hideous hag, either, no matter how wonderful her personality is.

With that being said, I agree with the notion that being attracted to My Little Ponies is, in fact, not bestiality, but Xenophilia.
How do I know this?
Well, let's just say that a real horse isn't attractive, sapient, or speech-capable, and I most certainly wouldn't want to screw one.
That's just disgusting.

Edited by Sickman
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

So I think it'd be Xenophila, because the Ponys are intelligent like humans, while it would be a bit different, and i'm not sure how or if any offspring could be produced(Or if it would be a good idea for them to be), but regardless it would still be Xenophila I believe.

I don't think offspring could be produced unless there was magic intervention or genetic engineering of some kind but if a human and a pony were to have a baby together I think it would most likely be anthro if not than maybe similar in appearance to the human forms in Equestria Girls though I think that is more likely to come if the baby grows up and has a baby with another human.

Of course, we don't know anything about show ponies and the way they mate, so they may still have pony like mating habits for all we know, which could make it a bit weird, still besides that I still think its Xenophila, especially if ponies mate as humans do.

I think it is probably a bit of both, mares probably go into heat just like regular horses do but it is likely that they have sex year round at least that is what I have seen in most fan depictions. And they most likely expiriment with different sexual positions much like humans do though because of their physiology certain things would be a bit different and certain positions would be a tad more difficult if not outright impossible. Another thing I have noticed is that in alot of fan depictions pegasi wings and unicorn horns are depicted as erogenous zones which makes me wonder if earth ponies have something similar but not as obvious.

When talking in defense of clopping or other "sensitive" subjects, such as this one, people tend to bring forth the "I like them because of their personalitites" -defense.

For me personally and I am sure a lot of other people that was what drew me in, but one my subconscious mind recognized them as human it was a natural leap to consider them physically attractive as well. I like Applejacks personality and would glady date her because I also find her attractive and she has nearly everything I could want in a woman or mare in this case. But I wouldn't date Granny Smith because though I like her personality she is a bit too old for me and I would date any of the CMC because well they are too young for me. Though I will admit I have seen some depictions of the CMC in teenage and adult forms and find those really hot, especially Sweetie Belle so if they were aged up than I think we are good to go.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 2

If this all was indeed in real life, then being a Christian, I would be extremely worried about what God would have to say about it.

Who Celestia?

She's fine with it, i had Spike draw up a letter and asked and she gave two hoofs up.

I don't think there's a section in the bible about xenophilia so green light means go. ;)

Well, it's definitely not bestiality...

In the hypothetical event that I were to be able to meet Dashie, and let's just say we are in a relationship, I wouldn't have any problem, errrr, making love to her. It might be a bit weird, but I wouldn't really care, cause all that would matter is that Dashie and I love each other. 

• Brohoof 2

I don't think offspring could be produced unless there was magic intervention or genetic engineering of some kind but if a human and a pony were to have a baby together I think it would most likely be anthro if not than maybe similar in appearance to the human forms in Equestria Girls though I think that is more likely to come if the baby grows up and has a baby with another human.

I think it is probably a bit of both, mares probably go into heat just like regular horses do but it is likely that they have sex year round at least that is what I have seen in most fan depictions. And they most likely expiriment with different sexual positions much like humans do though because of their physiology certain things would be a bit different and certain positions would be a tad more difficult if not outright impossible. Another thing I have noticed is that in alot of fan depictions pegasi wings and unicorn horns are depicted as erogenous zones which makes me wonder if earth ponies have something similar but not as obvious.

For me personally and I am sure a lot of other people that was what drew me in, but one my subconscious mind recognized them as human it was a natural leap to consider them physically attractive as well. I like Applejacks personality and would glady date her because I also find her attractive and she has nearly everything I could want in a woman or mare in this case. But I wouldn't date Granny Smith because though I like her personality she is a bit too old for me and I would date any of the CMC because well they are too young for me. Though I will admit I have seen some depictions of the CMC in teenage and adult forms and find those really hot, especially Sweetie Belle so if they were aged up than I think we are good to go.

Yeah honestly I don't thing they'd be very compatible. It would either produce a very messed up physically offspring, or it would die in the womb, or it would simply not start being produced at all.

It could also be possible that its randomly decided that the offspring is a pony or human of course, with maybe a few genetic defects or something making them part of the other.

I dunno, i'm not really an expert on DNA or reproduction honestly, so forgive me for my ignorance on the subject.

I'm not sure if they'd go into heat as well as be active year round, I think it'd be one or the other, isn't heat simply an indication for activity? I feel like it would be a useless thing to have if they are active all year anyways. I feel like if they go into heat they aren't active year round, or vis versa but not both.

As for the other stuff idk :P.

(edited)

Because it'd be interspecific mating between two sapient species, yes, it'd be xenophilia. Beastiality's a whole 'nother animal...pun totally intended.

Being that ponies probably differ from real-world horses in a number of biological ways beyond brain structure, I'd say that MLP mares probably go in and out of heat the same way human females can, rather than prolonged periods of estrus like a real mare.

Although I must say, it'd be hilarious if these ponies went through such prolonged periods of heat in the very humanlike society they live in. It'd make the dating life awesome, and ordinary life...pretty damn awkward. I can just picture a flustered-looking Cheerilee showing up to class, all like "S-settle down now, colts and fillies..." Oh, how lulzy that would be!

And as far as human-pony offspring, there's noooooo friggin' way our gametes would be compatible. Like EP said, perhaps a child could conceivably be...conceived, through some sort of magic. I'd like to think that in that case, a mare fertilized by a man would bear a foal, and a woman fertilized by a stallion would bear a human child and SWEET GOD, this is a friggin' strange topic. :blink:

As for whether I'd actually mate with one of these mares...maybe. It'd be a weird experience, I'm sure, but seeing as how A.) I don't regard them as "beasts" (non-sapient animals) and B.) they could actually consent to (or even instigate) it...I might just do it.

...Of course, I am a depraved lunatic in so many other ways that I really don't see any reason to find shame in this, of all things, so there you go.

Edited by Lowline Thrash

SWEET GOD, this is a friggin' strange topic. :blink:

I guess things would get pretty messy, but lovemaking is always messy especially if you are doing it right.  B) I suppose whether the offspring would be a hybrid or one or the other would depend on the spell used, in most fics I have read the offspring has been anthro but in a few others it has been one or the other. In this one fic I read where Sweetie Belle (she is an adult in this fic to be clear) and Spike were married and tried to conceive they were given a potion that Twilight got from Celestia. Celestia destroyed the recipe for this potion and it was the last dose because apparently if too many generations use it you get a draconoquist.

• Brohoof 1

I grew up watching Star Trek so I'm pretty open minded when it comes to discussing the possibility of inter-species romance regardless of what proposed race is being discussed. Really the rule is pretty much that its perfectly fine as long as they are sapient and of proper age to consent to such a relationship. That's pretty much it. Really to be honest despite their equine appearance it would seem far easier for the average human to get into a relationship with an Equestrian than most of the aliens from Star Trek or any of the sci-fi I've read. 

Really what shows like Star Trek teach is that appearance or even physical compatibility doesn't really matter. Well for sex it would, but love isn't merely about that. Relationships based on real love are far more complex than that. If I truly love someone its not going to matter if they spontaneously turn into a pony, or insect like creature, dragon, or anything else. As long as I could ascertain that they were indeed who I loved I would still love them regardless of the form they took. Of course there would be awkwardness in regards to the physical part of the relationship but in the long run that's not what matters. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'd be totally cool with being in a relationship with (and beyond) with a pony. I already fantasize about that in regards to furries. But yeah, personality is a key part in it.  Sure they may look the part, and ponies do look attractive, but with no personality, no intelligence, no emotion involved, that would be making the act of getting it on very uncomfortable for me. The emotional connection is just as important if not more so than just attractiveness. I can think something looks nice, but am I I truly in love with it if it can't acknowledge, let alone reciprocate my feelings? Personality and passion make it all worthwhile.

I think it is xenophilia but, if your dating another species besides a pony then it would classify as bestiality. It would just be okay with me, if I am dating a pony from the show but I don't think that it's bad.