Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite and Least Favorite Classes in School?

Moonlight

So, what are they?

When I went to public school, I loathed Gym with every fiber of my being, but adored Science.

But, now in online schooling, I don't hate any class (despite being awful at Algebra  ^_^ ) and I love Physical Science and Creative Writing the most. 

How about you all?

post-15132-0-43064500-1374204043.gif

• Brohoof 1

I think I HATE science, but I love social studies. Science was always a bad area for me. Also, I actually kind of like Gym. Heh, don't judge.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite class is math. Specifically Algebra I. Mostly because I was good at it, and the teacher was awesome. My least favorite class is English, because I'm bad at it. The teacher was alright, though.

• Brohoof 1

I like most of my classes in school my favorite subjects were jazz band (I played piano) and History but math was the bane of my existence.

My favorite class has always been English. I've always liked writing and reading, and book discussions are always fun. I like to expand my vocabulary too, and English class is an opportunity to do that. As for my least favorite class.. hmm. I have to think about this one. It might be math, due to how tedious it can be. I actually don't mind math that much (heck, I'll admit that I've thought it was fun before), but it can be wearisome, so it's probably math.

• Brohoof 1

Social Studies! It's one of my favorites! It's so interesting and I always want to learn more! mlp-tgrin.png

If I had to choose my least favorite... mlp-tponder.png

Italian. I think I can live without it. mlp-tscrunchy.png

• Brohoof 1

I have a love-hate relationship with math. It's a great subject and I enjoy doing it, but it pisses me off sometimes when I don't get it. 

• Brohoof 1

I like math but, I guess that I do love Global History and Science. I think I lost my faith in Gym since, a substitute decided to give me a F for no reason I just hope not to have Gym in September again.

• Brohoof 1

I personally like Math class, band, and I most art classes but I personally don't like social studies very much, it usually depends on which classes my friends are in with me though

• Brohoof 1

Favorite - History, I've always been a history nut, and not only was it was usually easy, it was usually the only class I ever paid attention too

Runner Up - English, At first I always dreaded it, but in Junior year it became one of my favorites, proabably because I finally got teachers that were competent

Least Favorite - P.E., boring activities, lazy ass teachers, etc. So glad I was able to switch it with Marching band in high school, I actually had fun there

Runner Up - Science, all of the fun was sucked away in high school

• Brohoof 1

Favorite ones: Art classes, this one science class I had in Jr High (can't remember the type of science it covered) only because the teacher made science sound interesting and fun. xD; , Aikido (for the short 2 years I took it, it was defintely a great experience), Aeorbic Kickboxing (intense class at times but still a lot of fun) ,

Least favorite: English (mostly because of all the writing, it just wasn't one of my most favorite things to do), Social Studies, Goverment, Math ( I'm average with it but just was never any good with the more complicated stuff), and certain subjects of Science.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Favorite List:

- Performing Arts (Music, Drama, Singing, etc...)

- Visual Arts

- Sport

- PDHPE

- HSIE

- Physics (Science)

- Social Studies

Least Favorite List:

- Writing

- Geography

- Technology

- Mathematics

- Crafts

- History

- Religion (I go to a Catholic school so it's compulsory to learn Religion in Year 7-10)

Edited by ✶Nova✶
  • Brohoof 1

I like almost all of the subjects in school. Im pretty good in all of them. One thing that I dislike though, is PE. I actually like to excercise but PE classes are really not my thing.

(edited)

I enjoy writing, even though I am just horrible at it. I'm really bad at language arts, but something about it is enjoyable.

I am bad at math. I do not enjoy it. It is boring, difficult, and it sucks how I actually need it for the real world.

Edit: Physical Education is what I enjoy. Why? Because I love being superior to others in a class. I'm in a class where I stand out because I actually try and get good grades in it. It's fun, and easy to get a good grade. 

I guess I sound pretty mean when I say I love being superior...

Edited by Suskel
  • Brohoof 1

Favourite:

• Chemistry
  • Biology
  • Mathematics
  • Ancient and Modern History

Disliked:

• English
  • Business Studies
  • Economics
  • PDHPE which includes gym (Disliked it so much I actually skipped it and did some other thing. Don't know how I got away with it)
  • Drama
  • Brohoof 2

Oh my god how I hate Dutch. There is simply no class in the world that's worse than Dutch, trust me.

Okay so first off, about every single Dutch teacher is a huge asshole, be it woman or man they are very strict and mean. Plus they make fun of you in a passive aggressive manner. They're huge snobs with no interests at all and not only that, they expect you to do everything perfectly, else you're just not worth their time.

Secondly the things they teach you are so boooring. We had to learn every single detail about Dutch literature starting from the 17th century for 3 consecutive years. I have no interest in history or literature at all so this was complete hell. Besides that we had to read countless amounts of texts and answer interpretation questions the way THEY wanted them to be answered. That's right, your own interpretation is wrong, you have to have the right one. And finally, the thing I hated the most about this whole class is that they taught you how to make a summary the way THEY want you to make it. Every single other way is completely wrong, you have to do it their way else you don't pass. You know, since there's only one way to make a summary.

I've wasted a total of 960 hours of my life spread over 6 years because of this stupid, useless class. I don't even know why they didn't just let me go, my study is going to be completely in English so why did they even bother?

My favorite 3 subjects were IT, physics and advanced mathematics. I just like the whole process of solving something using the things you know and the information on hand.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My least favorite classes are math and physics. I'm actually very good at math but I just don't like it and physics is basically just math too. Also most language classes, or just classes that you need to work together in groups. Gym classes are nice as long as you don't have to work together.

My favorite classes used to be science, nature and stuff but it isn't anymore. My favorite class at the moment are lunch breaks. Yebb lunch breaks are my favorite. I just don't have any favorite classes in school, I just don't like school only thing I like about school is not being at school.

Oh wait I remember what is my favorite, history.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 2

My favorite classes in high school were:

Music Theory- I took it when I was a sophomore, which was not the easiest thing in the world. But I have a very big interest in music and I want to eventually become a composer for video games/movies so I figured it was necessary. I actually did really well so the teacher asked me to basically help teach the class last year.

Any kind of History/Government class- History is also something I'm really interested in. I think it's really cool finding out about how past civilizations lived and how far the Earth, and humans as a whole, have come in such a relatively short period of time. 

Jazz Band- Playing music is always really fun and Jazz was not really a genre I knew a lot about. Needless to say, it was really interesting and I am always up to challenge my musical abilities.

My least favorite classes were probably Science and Math (surprise surprise!) like most people here. But that's mostly because I'm not very good at either. I'm always interested to get some new information though.

• Brohoof 1

I always hated math. I was good at it, but I hated it. Must have had something to do with being a freshman in a class full of juniors and seniors. Hell. the school didn't even have enough math classes to occupy me all four years. I also disliked world history. English was okay. I really loved physics and of course Spanish. Spanish big time. Latin was also cool.

I only took one fine art, theatre. Super boring. HPA, TOK and astrophysics were challenging but intriguing. Biology and chemistry were so so. American History was more tolerable than WH. I'm still sore that my parents made me do IB instead of AP.

• Brohoof 1

I've always liked English and Social Studies. I really enjoyed taking Honors English and AP World History during my Freshman year of High School. What I did not like was Physical Education.

• Brohoof 1

Favorites:

History. Prolly because I aced it at the last minute :P     Grade: A

Music: Easy to get good grades, not much to study.      Grade: A

English: Because I'm awesome at it.                               Grade: A

Least favorites:

Chemistry: (here comes a wall of text) Last year I was awesome at chemistry, acing the first semester. At the last class of the second semester, I mistook nitrogen for hydrogen and got a B. I was pissed.

This year I never studied chemistry because of that B.

Grade: D

Biology: because at the middle of the first semester this year, a gay guy came as a substitute and we all hated him (not because he  was gay, but he couldn't explain shit and gave us horrible grades).

Grade: B

• Brohoof 1

My favorites are almost entirely music and history related. Of course, I adore music classes. I'm not happy if I'm not taking an ensemble of some sort. My favorite ensembles have been marching band in high school, band at my last college, and orchestra at my current university. My other favorite music class is Music History. The entire music program dreads the set of classes, but I couldn't have been more excited about it. I even read the text book for fun, just to brush up my knowledge of early music.

History by itself, I also love. I took a Medieval England course at my university last year, and it was great! I especially love European history, I'm ready to take more!

I also found a surprise favorite when I took a course called "Plants and People". I didn't know that I was as fascinated in plants as I was when taking that class.

Classes I hate. Math. Any kind. Math is the ultimate way to make me feel like failure at life, because no matter how proficient at it I think I've gotten, I still can't do it. I also hated AP Economics. I have no interest in Economics whatsoever, I suppose.

• Brohoof 1

At school, I always liked Math and Band classes, As I thought Math was easy and Band was fun.

and loathed English and Athletics classes, as English (isn't that hard, but still my most difficult curricular subject), and Athletics was extremely tiresome.

• Brohoof 1