Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite and Least Favorite Classes in School?

Moonlight

Science, because I was put on a table of all my best mates (we were let be because we were all really hard workers; we all came out with A's in Science).

I hated English the most, I had an ass of a teacher in my final year who told me to my face I wouldn't pass. Showed her though, got an A in Language and a B in Literature.

• Brohoof 1

I think History can be quite interesting some times and I love to learn about the things that existed before I did.

I'm not a very big fan of math, though. Even though I'm pretty good at it.

• Brohoof 2

My favorite classes have to be any math class and any science class with the exception of biology. I have always been very good at understanding math and science quickly so I did well in those classes.

The class I hated the most was English just due to the fact that all the classes are about older writers who wrote almost in completely different languages plus the fact that I'm not good at seeing symbolism, motifs, themes, etc because you have to read between the lines for that stuff and I take everything at face value because my brain thinks everything is like math (everything is one way and there is nothing tricky about it).

• Brohoof 1

My favourite lesson would be either History or Spanish.

My least favourite is... MATHS

Oh how I loathe every second spent in that stuffy room working out which angle is whatever!

• Brohoof 1

Oh, I liked English best, since I loved reading and writing.  I never felt like we got to write enough stories though.  It was mainly essays.

I hated gym.  I was fat.

• Brohoof 1

Favorites:

Art classes because it channels my artistic abilities. I feel like I have ADD in classes..causing..me to uh..not really focus and forget what I learn. Unlike others, art classes helped me lots.

History. I dunno why I love it so.

English

Least:

Gym

Math

Music (orchestra)

• Brohoof 1

History was my favourite subject in high school. It's a bit difficult to explain why, it was mostly the awesome teacher that taught the course. He made the stuff we were learning relivent, interesting and a lot of fun. I also just like history in general because there is a lot to learn from it and I thought it was interesting comparing and contrasting the cultures of different civilizations with our own.

My least favourite was math, once again, because of the teacher. It was one of the most boring and unforgiving classes I had to take right through high school. The fellow kept it right to the textbook, never exploring any of the possibilities of the stuff we learned outside of the book's examples. He also frequently went on pointless tangents that went on for ages that never built up to anything, truly time wasters.

My math prof in college was surprised how I pulled off a 90 in my course when I entered with such low math grades. It's because the gentleman actually cared about teaching his subject area and explained in regular english what was going on.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite classes in school are mathematics classes. My least favorite classes were foreign language classes. I still enjoyed them, just not as much as other classes. 

P.E. could be a pain sometimes, but other times it was really fun. Plus, my 9th grade P.E. experience was beyond fantastic. I love the teacher I had for that class so much. He was wise, intelligent, and kind. He didn't just teach us physical activities, he incorporated mental development into his class by helping to prepare us for the adult world. He is a wonderful guy, and a great influence in my life. I am honored to have been a student under him. 

I need to take one more P.E. credit in order to graduate, which I'll be doing in 12th grade. I took a break from P.E. in 10th grade, and I'll be doing that in 11th grade now as well.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

My favorite class is English. It's always been so much fun to. I also reaaallly love history. But, least favorite?

MAAAAAAAAAATTTTTHHHHHHHHHHH!!

It will be the death of me, I swear.

Edited by Callisto

Generally I like History, depending on the topic. I'm a history nerd so I usually already know what the teacher is telling us, which makes the class a breeze.

I like Study hall because I can sleep, read manga, and play Pokemon during it when I have no homework to do.

I liked Spanish because it was easy and the teacher was awesome.

I dislike Math because it just never really clicked with me. I just don't get it as easily as others do.

Science. Because who gives a damn about rocks, and leaves. Not this poster. If you like Science that's probably a good thing as Science is important, but It just rubs me the wrong way.

English is extremely hit or miss depending on what we are doing.

My favorite subject was math, sciences and gym. I hated English because we had to study Shakespeare and poetry stuff that I could never understand. I also feared music class. I had a really bad music teacher who used to pick on me and I did badly in music no matter how hard I practice. I just didn't have the talent to play music on any instrument however I really love listening to music.

Based off of last year, I can't really decide if I loved band or English more. Band because I love playing music with my friends and my director is awesome, English because I pretty much all but taught the class and the teacher loved me so much she just lets me turn in the short stories and poems I wrote in my free time instead of the homework.

My least favorite was without a doubt French. The language is cool and all, but I was forced to quit the school rock band to take it. Also I don't plan on moving to France any time soon so it was pretty pointless.

I think they all suck, unless you have a really cool teacher. Lucky for me I've always been fortunate to have a really cool English teacher for the past several years. My history teacher from last year was also really cool, and so was my bio teacher and my health teacher. My algebra teacher was also a pretty cool dude even though I hate math (and I barely passed haha). Even my P.E. teacher was likable. My computer teacher was really meh though, but I still passed his class and got all my credits. 

Eh, i don't like English very much, but my teacher last year for it made me not hate it, the subject isn't my favorite nor my best, but my teacher was awesome, so it made up for it.

My favorite if it counts is Band, I love band, because well I love music and playing trumpet.

If that doesn't count then my favorite acedemic subject is probaly either Math or Geography, of course not sure about actual history classes, as I don't always have the best memory for those, and even if i did pretty well in Geography I don't know if i actually find it my favorite or not.

Science is fun sometimes, depends, i've had good science teachers the two years i've been in public school (8th and 9th grade), but Biology makes it hard for me to say science is my favorite really due to be having a phobia with guts and stuff. Or something of that nature.

So its between math and Geography for me, depends on the day I guess, I did pretty well in math and don't struggle to often in it, especially with good teachers. I had a fun and still pretty good teacher in 8th grade pre alg. and in alg 1 I had a good teacher as far as being good at explaining, but a more strict one. Not sure what i prefer frankly.

Band was always my favorite class. It was a whole class period of playing music; what more could a girl want? A lot of the people I was in there with were pretty chill, so that was fun too. 

English class has always been pretty great. I'm really into reading, so that's right up my alley. AP Lang was probably my best English class, thanks to my wonderful teacher. 

After I took World History, a small part of me died. It was my first ever AP class, and I had no idea what I getting into. The homework took me so long to complete. I just wasn't used to that kind of workload. I can't say I regret taking this class; it prepared me for the horrors to come later on, but it was brutal to get through.

Chemistry (or chem-is-die as my brilliant fifteen year old self liked to say) was the bane of my existence. My teacher was a bit eccentric and manipulative. Some of my classmates drove me up the wall. This isn't even getting into how bored I was with the subject matter. I don't think I've ever dreaded going to any class as much as this one.

Pre-calc was awful for me. The teacher packed so much content into a single class period; it was impossible to take a breather. She didn't always go with the book, which was slightly annoying. Her tests were legendary in their difficulty. I just dreaded spending fifth period there every day, because it was so boring. I also have to admit that I was miffed about this class wrecking my 4.0. I did poorly on one test and it killed my chances. Oh well, high school GPA doesn't matter any more. =P

Government and Politics was absolutely awful. It was too bad, because it could have been good class. The teacher was really mean and rude. He was like one of those kids who think that they're so cool and so much better than everyone had grown up. I never understood why he was so popular. He spent every class period standing in front of the class lecturing from the podium. I filled up a notebook and still had a week or two left before the end of the semester. 

When it comes to actual school subjects least favorite is Math, I'M NOT GOOD AT IT AND IT JUST GETS HARDER EVERY YEAR!!

Favorite: English. I LOVE READING, and I'm actually a pretty good writer.

When it comes to Electives and extra classes PE or better yet Aerobics in High School was the WORST!! I had to take Aerobics for half a semester this past year and IT WAS TORTURE!! I don't mind the stretching or occasional yoga, but WE HAD TO LIFT WEIGHTS EVERYDAY!! 10lbs. is alot for a girl who has never lifted weights in her life and IS NOT AN ATHLETE!! But I'm still actually quite skinny, :lol:

Favorite: Theater. I LOVE acting and I'm great at Improv so this is the class I always got an A in. I really enjoy being in plays and I have pretty good memory skills so learning my lines is as easy as pie! :lol:

Back in high school, my favorite classes were English, American History, Physical Science, and Chemistry. I excelled at these subjects and enjoyed learning from these classes.

My least favorite classes were Algebra and Gym. Algebra always confused me at times and gave me plenty of headaches while gym was just bad. I hated exercising around people while wearing those small shorts. It was embarrassing. I also prefer doing exercises when I'm alone and when no one is watching.

Back in high school, my favorite classes were English, American History, Physical Science, and Chemistry. I excelled at these subjects and enjoyed learning from these classes.

My least favorite classes were Algebra and Gym. Algebra always confused me at times and gave me plenty of headaches while gym was just bad. I hated exercising around people while wearing those small shorts. It was embarrassing. I also prefer doing exercises when I'm alone and when no one is watching.

Your so lucky. The oddest thing for me is that my school's classes are always different then what they are supposed to probably be. Its nice to see someone with courses that were available here. (Which is why I can't state my favorite science and math. Half the math and science classes aren't in my school D:) Though, the only class that's similar to physical science is Human influence....(Sadly, they only have the select few sciences )

• Brohoof 1

Social Studies is easily my favorite class. For some reason I have always been intrigued with it and likewise I always get A's in it. My least favorite class. MATH. I just really dislike it. I'm not horrible at math but I'm not really amazing at it either. Also my geometry teacher fu*cking SUCKED! Sorry about that she was just a really crappy teacher.

(edited)

Fave was tech class....specifically automotive and manufacturing/shop class. It was fun working on the machines...building stuff with metal and running the different machines, such as milling machine, metal lathe, CNC router,welder.....I built a little desktop cannon one year, and an air powered engine another year....Auto class was fun too. I got to cut a Toyota Corolla in half. I also learned a shit ton about cars and engines. I also learned how to use calipers and precision tools.

My least fave class is probably math...

Edited by Flutter Dash

I freakin' love history!  I know the history of Quebec by heart now because they teach it again every year... (the system sucks but... HISTORY!)  The one I hate the most would be between Math and Gym.  Why you ask?  Well, for Math, I would do pretty good, if the teachers wouldn't want me to do exactly as they do.  I just don't learn like also.  Also, I always have to fight sleep in Math because they do 1 hour of theory and 15 minutes of exercises.  Gym, I simply hate it because it's useless, nobody pairs up with me, and I hate most of the sports they make us play (I HATE soccer!  Why does it have to be the most popular sport right now!?!  Give me basketball instead!)