Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite and Least Favorite Classes in School?

Moonlight

I’m not at school anymore as I’m 25 and left at 17:

But when I was:

Least faverites:

·       Art (I like art I just wasn’t very good at it)

·       Music (I love music a lot, but I wasn’t into it as much then and I didn’t learn anything that was about the music I like)

·       Geography (I find it more intresting now but wasn’t interested then)

·       P.E (I still don’t like sport)

Faverites

·       English

·       Wood Work/technology

·       Maths (I suck at maths but I enjoyed it)

·       Free Period (we had them at our school and we would go to the empty classroom where we were supposed to go and study: and that we did. We studied the art of talking about cool stuff that didn’t relate to any topic we were being taught at school :D )

·       IT

·       Science

·       Spanish (It was a very small class anyway as it was a small school, but the Spanish class was like 5 people and I just liked hanging with them)

• 1 month later...

For me personally, AP Government and AP Stats are really interesting. We get to talk about current events and simulate how inefficient the federal government is in one, and run surveys and learn how to conduct experiments and analysis in the other! Plus, both are AP courses, so all the kids in there want to be there and like what we're learning, so we're always really engaged and having fun with the class! 

Edited by Windy Runner

i am really fond of history, it's my favorite class. well that and science. i really really like history though, how could you not when it's the wisdom of the ages. For example people like Napoleon and Hitler make me NOT want to even attempt taking over the world. classes i didn't care for was algebra cause i could solve the problems without using a calculator or doing the long slow work to show it and got shunned for my raw ability.

I really love history, science, fascinating things. And I guess french and english are fine too, they are intertaining.

But what I don't like is mathematics. Well, I usually love maths, when it comes to theories and stuff, like division by zero or square root of -1, where there is no obvious answers and you need to think a lot.

Well, in school, we learn all this boring thing about algebra, which is really boring, because you just do something repetitive. There is barely no thinking, you can't use your imagination here.

Well, I can't wait to go to University, here we will learn interesting stuff.

Actually Id like to share both my favourite classes in school, AND in military training :3

School:

History- I've always loved learning about ancient civilizations and such :3 It's just a pet fascination of mine :3

Tech- It's basically our version of woodwork/metalwork sooo yeah... I like ot build things :3

Army Training:

Drill- I found this VERY enjoyable, moving as one formed mass at the same time, it looked, and felt awesome :3

Shooting- Well duh...it's shooting :3

My favorites are history and science. They're both really interesting classes, and I enjoy them both a lot. I'm also fond of PE for the most part. Sadly, I wasn't able to take it this year, as it's only available for seventh grade at my school. Woodshop is pretty good, too.

My least favorite is math. It's not that math itself is bad, it's just that it's boring to me.

Favorites

Math- Math is one of my best subjects, so I usually finish early and listen to music on my mp3 player for the rest of the class

Drama- I love acting and the people in the class are pretty friendly. I had a lot of fun in this class

Least favorites

English- This class was the bane of my existence. I can't write to save my life and it doesn't help that the assignments had very strict due dates.No matter how much I tried I could never get better at writing.

Gym- I hate this class. I was always picked last, nobody ever wants to be my partner, I hate playing sports I'm not intersted, I always feel terrible about myself, and I especially hate that I have to pass gym to graduate

• 1 year later...

Time to revive this thread!

My favorite is English. I don't usually like reading, but I do like writing. I also like my electives (gym and media). Yeah, gym is an elective. It's weird.

And as for least favorite subject, math. Fuck math. I hate it so much and I suck at it. What makes it even worse is that my parents (especially my dad) put so much pressure on me to be a flawless honors student in math, but I just can't do it.

I loved science classes, especially human anatomy & physiology. I thought nearly everyone in my Honors Chem class were obnoxious hipsters or douchebags. Kind of regret never taking physics classes in high school.

P.E. was always fun.

Math, government and economics bored me to death.

History was both easy and forgettable, unless it was Honors U.S. History, which royally kicked my ass.

German language was usually easy, although the teacher would sometimes give bizarre directions or make odd decisions for homework assignments or tests and quizzes. I liked her, although I know several people who go as far as hating her.

English was always annoying, mainly just because my teachers were all either mean or crazy. The classes that weren't completely based on writing essays were always very easy.

I guess art classes were my least favorite, but I haven't had any of those since elementary school.

I damn near despise anything that tries to teach you how to use computers in ways outside of the basics. (coding, that sort of stuff. Ironically, I apparently had the highest typing speed in my keyboarding class as a freshman)

If anyone ever took IB level classes, can you share your stories? Is the program as difficult as people say it is?

Edited by LeonShi500

I pretty much hate every class, but the classes I hate the least are English, (I love writing and reading) Digital interactive Media, (computers!) Web Mastering, (again, computers!) and A/V Production (Computers, last class with them). They also occur in that order.

The class I hate the most is math. (or in my case, geometry)  I really hate math, if it wasn't for technology, I wouldn't want math to exist. Everyone says it's logical, but I really suck at it. It's never been logical for me. I just wish my teachers would accept my great talent for sucking at math and just let me ditch it.

I love science but hate math. Right now I also hate college level writing because it's so boring and formulaic but it's better than math LOL.  My problem with math is that it is not tangible to my brain so I don't see it as real. Some nut made up those math rules. They are not really absolute answers. So how can math tell us facts?

Edited by StitchandMLPlover

Math and economics were by far my least favorite classes in high school. I actually failed 2 of my math classes and had to re-take them over the summers.

My favorite classes were my elective classes:

- Greenhouse

- Pre-Veterinary studies

- Small animal science

- Digital media

My least favorite college classes were Surgical Nursing and Anesthesia. My favorite college class was Exotic Animal Studies.

Edited by The Wife of Law

When I was at school my list would have been something like this:

Favourite:

• History (Massive history nut)
  • ICT
  • English Language

Least Favourite:

• Maths
  • Religious Education
  • P.E. (Sports, mainly because of the boring stuff we did)
Edited by Raritas

My favorite subjects are French, history, and science (especially biology). My least favorite subject is math; it's so boring and I can't apply it to anything >_>. Plus I've gotten stuck with a lot of bad math teachers.

English is okay. I like the reading part but I hate forcing myself to speak during the class discussions that we always have to do :unsure:

I hate math with a passion that burns hotter than a thousand suns...in hell. :okiedokielokie: Yeah, I really hate math. :lol: My favorite classes in college currently are none of the above at the moment, haha. Overall, though, my favorite would have to be history. ^-^

Edited by Jaxsie

I absolutely HATE my Aeronautics class. No, it's not fun. And you get cheated out of a good grade in that class. Me and a few other students have a C or D in that class because the teacher 'misplaced the work'. I have a 76 which is a D and today she handed back all my papers and only ONE was there. ONE. I know for a fact I did more than one paper. 

On the other hand, my favorite class is history/social studies. The only reason I even like this subject is because I get lucky enough to have the cool dude-teachers. And in my opinion, guys are overall better teachers because they are less over-dramatic.

Eh, I'll put my schedule in order then in the order I like them in

1st - Earth Science

2nd - Gym or Lab

3rd - Geometry 

4th - Spanish/Cultural Awareness

5th - English/ELA

6th - Orchestra 

7th - Lunch

8th - Global History 2

In the order I like them excluding Lunch and Lab as of this year is

1st - Orchestra 

2nd - Spanish/Cultural Awareness

3rd - English/ELA

4th - Global History 2

5th - Earth Science

6th - Gym 

7th - Geometry

I prefer last years classes honestly. I love science, specifically Biology, but Earth Science? Boring as hell. I have always hated Gym since WE DON'T DO ANYTHING PRODUCTIVE. We come in, they take attendance, we're set free to do whatever we want like caged animals. I also am not fond of math in general. Algebra I can stand, but Geometry? I think I'd rather read a dictionary than deal with shapes and numbers.

Right now.. I really like Science and math! Too easy for me XP I really hate.. chinese now. She always speaks in chinese so I don't even understand what she's talking about '~' xD <3 

Wow Chinese wish that had been offered when I was in high school.

• Brohoof 1

When I was in school my favourites were music, drama and sciences. My least favourite were geography and history on account of me giving less than a single $&£! about them. When I eventually stopped taking those English became my least favourite subject. I hated Shakespeare, I hated poetry, I hated having to analyse all that pointless twisty annoying nonsense. Saying that I've always considered myself ok at writing.

Social studies I like the most because it is really easy but math is a close second because I like the guy who sits in front of me.

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaate PE, I just hate physical training at all times