Moonlight

70 users have voted

1. 1. Are You Self-Conscious?

• Yes, all the time
    • From time to time
    • No, not really
    • Never

Are you self-conscious about yourself? 

If so, what makes you so self-conscious? Your looks, intelligence..what?

For me, 'yes all of the time', it's because of my looks and I'm afraid people are judging me at every angle.

How about you all?

post-15132-0-49587200-1374211756.gif

• Brohoof 2

it's because of my looks and I'm afraid people are judging me at every angle.

I feel that way all of the time, and it's pretty much the truth in my case. I'm mainly self-conscious about my looks when compared to everything else about me. My parents say that I look fine, but I always disagree. I think I look bad in every way possible.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, all the time. It's my biggest detriment currently. Mostly because of my looks. People tell me I'm handsome and all, but I see an ugly person in the mirror, and I think everyone else sees the ugly person too, which makes me anxious.

• Brohoof 2

Also, just to say it, you post the best topics. Just getting that out.

And yes, I'm very self conscious. I have a very low self esteem, you see.

• Brohoof 4

I'm self conscious in just about every aspect possible.

I'm so self conscious about myself that it makes me do stuff that eventually go wrong and make me even more self conscious.

I compare myself to other things too often.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I never stop thinking about how much of an idiot I'm being whenever I'm unfortunate enough to find myself in a social situation. On the rare occasion that I go outside there tend to be a lot of people staring at me, which makes it sooo much worse. Thankfully I haven't had to deal with that in a while though since I haven't left my house in more than a month.

1363317900993.gif

That's pretty much me.

• Brohoof 3

Usually I am self conscious, when I am pretty shy but when I was in Virginia there were a lot of people staring at me. I usually do feel that I just stay away from going outside.

140392%20-%20animated%20animated_gif%20B

• Brohoof 1

Yes all the time.

I worry about what others think of me.and it sucks,because i have to act serious in public so only my friends know how i act normally.(Normally im a nice guy,and im approachable for messaging :) )

• Brohoof 1

That's a negatory, rubber ducky.

Don't get me wrong, I spent years upon years worrying what people thought of me. But more recently I've begun to say, to HELL with that - I am what I am, and I won't in any way be apologetic about it. If my true self scares a lot of people off, then I count it as a blessing in disguise; it weeds out all the fake, vapid people I wouldn't have wanted to associate with anyway, and ensures that the people who do want to stick around me are there for...well, the real me.

• Brohoof 1

Usually I am self conscious, when I am pretty shy but when I was in Virginia there were a lot of people staring at me. I usually do feel that I just stay away from going outside.

img-1667266-1-140392%20-%20animated%20an

Are you sure you're not just a vampire? If you avoid going outside, that might not be a coincidence if you think about it.

Either that or the people in Virginia are wierd.

• Brohoof 1

Are you sure you're not just a vampire? If you avoid going outside, that might not be a coincidence if you think about it.

Either that or the people in Virginia are wierd.

Maybe I am, they don't stare too much I think it's probably because I'm from New York that's why they were staring. Oh well, I probably am a vampire.

Maybe I am, they don't stare too much I think it's probably because I'm from New York that's why they were staring. Oh well, I probably am a vampire.

Ah don't sell yourself short, they're probably jealous that they can't be as awesome as you. That is, as long as you aren't one of those sparkling vampires.

• Brohoof 1

I am disheartened from seeing so many people answer, "Yes all the time." 

In the end we all have our quirks and screw-ups, I use to think I was the biggest screw up in all of history. However, I realized that everyone else is also a screw-up. But do you know why they live with that reality? They don't think about it. 

Truth is, we compare ourselves to all these famous people on television or idolized people of any-sort. Those aren't real people, real people mess-up, real people have blemishes, but the truth is that real people are beautiful! People who are a natural product of what they do. Your looks or intellect doesn't make you entirely, it's decisions. As long as you make mostly good-decisions, in my book and hopefully most peoples books you are a beautiful person! 

Save self-conscious worries for the idolized fools who only live off being self-conscious spilling thousands of dollars into making them-self look good. We make our friends in a much more organic manner, we find common interest and go from there and don't go off, "Who is the most attractive." Which is what makes us beautiful.

In the end it's all down to making decisions, good decisions will make you a better person. So stop beating yourself up over not being the best looking or dumb, do your best at what you can and make good life decisions and you will be a beautiful person! 

• Brohoof 2

I'm self-conscious about my appearance because I feel like people are judging me. Or that people won't like me because I'm not the most perfect-looking person in the world.

• Brohoof 2

No, not at all I learned a long time ago that caring about what others think is a waste of time and only serves to do no more than just make you feel like crap for no good reason. I am who I am and I like who I am and though I am not perfect neither is anybody else so why should I beat myself up over my imperfections when everyone else has imperfections as well? I am all for self improvement, but you can't improve yourself if you won't even acknowledge what is actually good about yourself as well as the bad.

• Brohoof 2

Oh yes, I'm very shy and worried about what people are thinking of me, and I try not to say too much or draw too much attention, plus I'm worried if people get attached to me I'll disappoint them.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I'm pretty self conscious at times especially if I make a mistake in public I get really embarrassed about it. I'm also self conscious about how I look sometimes.    

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I am pretty self-conscious as I go through my transition as a trans-woman. But I don't let it drag me down. I just try to be mindful of my image, and how others portray that image. I'd rather avoid as much misconceptions as possible.

But I am also very self-conscious about the kind of Anime/manga I discuss. I find that certain people will find certain series and be on one of two extremes. Either a hardcore fan, or a complete, and total hardcore hater. And I've had a few people like that encounter me at various conventions -.-. A big one tends to be Naruto, and Dragon Ball. So normally I don't talk about those shows with anyone.

Edited by Hayze
  • Brohoof 1

Me personally its kinda from time to time.  My looks don't entirely matter to me, I mean I wanna look nice (i dont wanna look like a hobo).  I am however when it comes to being a brony.  I'm sure it will go away after a while since more and more people i know now know that I am one.

Yes, most of the time I am. People tell me other wise, and that do not have a whole lot to be self-sonscious about but, I cant really help it. I dont really see myself as a smart a or attractive person. Its another reason that Im such a quiet person and dont talk to a lot of people.

• Brohoof 1

From time to time these days.

I'm self conscious about my looks, my intelligence, my likability etc. I think the personality thing is more to do with my Borderline though as I have identity issues and am a black and white thinker a lot of the time, especially regarding myself. I am just not sure of who I am. I don't think of it as insecurity so much as confusion.

• Brohoof 1

I am, basically all the time. The only positive, I guess, is that I rarely leave my home, so I am not seen by people very often. I am still very self conscious even online though. My extreme self esteem and self hatred problems do not help this at all. I always feel like I am looking like an idiot or saying the wrong things or just not getting anything right. I always feel inferior to others because of my many flaws and shortcomings.

I feel like these problems are only getting worse as time goes by and it is making it really hard to enjoy anything in life. It is getting that bad for me. It is my own fault though, so meh,

I have been trying really hard lately to just accept myself for who I am and not give a shit about what others think of me, but this just does not seem to be working at this point...

• Brohoof 2

I'm horribly self conscious. It comes from an emotionally dysfunctional family, and being bullied a lot at school.

:/

On the bright side, I think it has given me a high level of compassion. I wouldn't wish harm on anyone.

• Brohoof 3

Very much so, but not for looks, but what I say. I've deleted entire blog entries simply because I didn't think they were well thought out enough or were unimportant. Not much I can do about it, just to try to overcome and continue on.

• Brohoof 1