Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The end

Finesthour

Cloud looked to all the ponies, "Well nice ta meet you all" he said with a smile, he looked to Lunar with a concerned look, he left to look for paper towels and came back shortly after finding some, "Here, I dont know what to do about the little pieces of glass though" Cloud told him.

After everyone introduced each other, EB walked over to another portion of the first floor as he sat down. *I still can't believe it... My house is gone... * he thought to himself as he redirected his gaze to the floor. *My house and everything that was inside...*

Rose let the ponies around the room talk while she escaped to a lone corner of the living room and sat down, laying towards the wall. As she stared at the bright paint, her mind began to wander to dark places that she thought never existed inside of her mind. From dying to brutally murdering outside of her home, Rose could not help but shed tears sitting in the corner. Only a few tears fell as a sense of protection sat in her stomach, covering her entire body like a blanket. She was safe with these colts... that much she knew. But how much did she really care about them? And about Clo-

Her mind wandered away once again as she thought of the Pegasus who had just came into her life. Her face turning a light shade of pink, she waved her mane in front of her face and eyes to hide the embarrassed filly underneath. Why in Equestria was she acting this was in a time of disaster?

Cloud had gone back to lay on the couch, the day was beginning to take its toll on him. He was exhausted, yet he knew he wouldnt sleep anytime soon. The memories of the death he saw outside, the burning bodies of ponies, most of which he once knew, he shuddered, not wanting to think of it. He closed the curtains on the window, not wanting to see the raining inferno outside, then turned to see Rose by herself in the corner of the room. He felt his heart flutter slightly as he looked at her, I just met her... so why am I feeling this way?, he thought to himself. He slowly approached Rose, seeing that she looked... sad... he stayed a little distance away, in case she wanted to be alone, "A...are you okay Rose?" he asked quietly...

( Woah are you fast ^^ what with us europeans who are at school in the mean time :P )

George was still running outside, his mind currently trying understand what is going on... But right now his first priority would be the hospital, hoping there is still somepony to save. So that is where he was headed, fire falling all around him, he subcounsciously evaded anything that would fall on him. Anypony looking outside would probably see him, running outside, seemimg to be a madpony.

Rose slowly turned her head to face Cloud with a face stained with red blotches. Trying to catch her emotions as they got they got the best of her. Slowly she said through her muttering,

"N-nothing, I-I am f-fine..." Cursing herself in her mind, she put on the best fake smile that she could muster, hoping that he would fall for her lie. As she looked at Cloud, she could not help but want to touch his mane again and his wings, which sent a greater amount of red to her face. She was glad that her mane was over her cheeks so Cloud could not see how much of a fool she was being.

As much as Rose tried, Cloud saw through her disguise. His face looked more concerned, <why is she lying?> he wondered. "Rose... If you ever need to talk to anypony... About anything... Just look for me... I'm all ears to what's on your mind" he smiled a little at Rose, still feeling his protective sense about her and still not knowing why he felt like this with a mare he barely knew...

George ran by that mysterious house that was not going up in flames, but he didn't mind it yet and instead he was still running for the hospital. As he arrived there a huge scene of destruction opened up on him. Everything was on fire, ponies that did not make it were scattered around. He even had to assist a young filly jumping out of the window trying to save herself, he obviously immediately bolted there, trying to catch her or somehow manage to help her. But he was too far away. As a doctor, George was used to death, not everypony always makes it. But this was different, this here felt like murder, it was murder. Fire doesn't fall from the skies because of a change in climate, something must have caused it. He groaned in frustration, covering the now lifeless fillie's face, hoping she didn't had to endure much pain. He turned around and dropped the pancakes which were in his mouth, he lost his appetite. He would trot back to the untouched house, wanting to know exactly what is going on, why it didn't had anything,why it did not burn. He stopped only at the door, giving it a few firm knocks. "Anypony still alive in this city?", he called inside.

Rose turned away from Cloud due to her face now being completely red, thankful her mane was in the way. She muttered out,

"I am fine, really!" She giggled frantically and trotted away, quickly getting into her kitchen. When she was safe, Rose inhaled deeply and laid down on her tile floor and sighed. She really was turning into a filly, wasn't she?

Upon hearing the knocking on the door, EB shook his head to clear his current thoughts out of his mind as he now thought, *Somepony else is still out there? I should probably...* Then he remembered what Rose said. *No... I can't really go back on her now... Not after I accepted her terms... But...* He then looked over to the door.

Rose inhaled deeply as she knew what she had to do. Walking outside of the kitchen she looked at the group of colts that were in the room and she nodded slowly. Softly she said,

"One more pony can't hurt us. It will only help us in the long run." With her mind made up, Rose trotted towards the door and brought out her right hoof to lightly open the door. Calling out to the pony behind it she said,

"Anypony there?"

George smiled as he heard somepony answer, "Marvelous! And yes indeed, I am here, now I am always willing to introduce myself but I am sure you understand that it's rather... hot outside."

He would be standing outside, upright, an aura of confidence around him. He was wearing a saddlebag with a red cross on it, he actually wore it all the time and not just when the world was ending.

Edited by Neikos

Rose giggled softly from behind the door and softly said,

"I appreciate the dry humor, but I need to know what your intentions are before I let you in." Rose turned her head to look back at the group behind her.

"We are... rather full. Why should we let you in?" Rose knew that her words were harsh, but not malicious.

George nodded, "An excellent question you have there milady. And I am willing to answer: this house seems to be kind of a shelter, guarding those inside from the fire that ravages and kills outside.", he paused, "It seems that you are the one who decides who enters this house, so let me tell you that I am a qualified doctor, and I could help should the need arise. I am also somepony who gets things done."

He hoped that would be enough, because even if he loved chatting, this wasn't really the time nor place to do so. On the other hand he didn't want to be too pushy either, the mare on the other side didn't seem to be so certain on what to do, perhaps he should take things in his own hooves? He will have to think about that later though and just waited for her reply.

Rose smiled to the group and said,

"Alright, that is good enough for me." Using her right hoof to open the door, Rose left it completely open. She kept the smile on her face and said,

"I was going to let you in anyway, but you being a doctor could really help."

George smiled and would quickly enter, "I am happy that we came to the same conclusion, thank you." Once he was inside he would look at everyone else present. "Hello.", he would tell them, the tone of his voice being rather euphoric more than exhausted or sad. He would wait for their response before doing something else.

Edited by Neikos

George would nod towards both ponies which presented themselves, "My name is George, and nice to meet you both." He would then turn around to Rose, "Where are my manners!... I'm sorry to be so rude! May I know your name?"

In a flash of white light, Lunar appeared with the goods he had stolen from Absolutely Everything.

Lunar backed up to the corner of the room, away from the new pony. He had always been terrified of doctors. And clowns. Those are pretty scary, too.

Agent turned to find Lunar, scared as ever, in the corner of the room cowering. He scratched his mane as he raised an eyebrow to the master of stealth. "Uh... there a problem Lunar?" He went over to him, hoping to see if he could get Lunar to come back to the rest of the group.