Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv RWBY

Galen

(edited)

I haven't found a topic here about this awesome show so I decided to make a thread about it myself so if a topic for this does exist, the mods are free to merge or delete this one as they see fit. Apologies in advance if this is the case.

RWBY (pronounced Ruby) is an original animated web series created by Monty Oum and produced by Rooster Teeth Productions. The first trailer was released on November 7th 2012, showing "Red" Ruby fighting against a pack of Beowolves. The second trailer was released on February 14th 2013, showing "White" Weiss singing in front of a crowd and having a flashback to a fight with a Giant Armor. The third trailer was released on March 22nd 2013, showing "Black" Blake and Adam raiding a cargo train and fighting mechanical soldiers and a large security droid. The fourth and final trailer was released on June 1st 2013, showing "Yellow" Yang searching for information about someone at a club, then fighting Junior and his henchmen.

RWBY is an acronym made from the first letters of Red, White, Black, Yellow - which corresponds to each main character's "color." Ruby was the first character to be revealed in the series, with Weiss being the second, Blake the third and Yang the fourth.

The first episode of the series premiered live at RTX 2013 (July 5-7, 2013 in Austin, Texas) and is now available for general viewing on the RoosterTeeth website. Who else as watched it? I saw the first ep today and it was GORGEOUS. I was already hyped after watching the trailers but the episode far exceeded my expectations still. The lore is magnificent, the setting, characters, animation style and characters are superb and I'm already rearing for the next episode :D

Edited by Freedan
  • Brohoof 4

The trailers/intros for the characters of the show are epic! White and Red are defiantly my favorite so far. I had no idea that there were some episodes out.

• Brohoof 1

Episode 1 only came out yesterday on their website so it has actually been a pretty long wait since the first trailer, and it was 1000% worth it :wub:

• Brohoof 2

Episode 1 only came out yesterday on their website so it has actually been a pretty long wait since the first trailer, and it was 1000% worth it :wub:

i have been up-to-date with RWBY since the Red Trailer came out last year after Red vs Blue Seadon 10 finished. The content of the trailers has gotten better and better. Now that episode 1 is out, i am certain that the entire show is gonna be as awesome as it looks.

Plus, I cant get the theme song our of my head, THIS is what you get when western culture and concepts meets Anime, just plain old badassery in 3D form by the Roosterteeth Crew, cant wait for more of it x333333

• Brohoof 3

Oh my god I watched ep 1 last night and it was soooo good. Barbara and Lindsay definitely worked on their voice acting since the yellow trailer and it sounded really good. Can't wait to see more bad assery from this show.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
i have been up-to-date with RWBY since the Red Trailer came out last year after Red vs Blue Seadon 10 finished. The content of the trailers has gotten better and better. Now that episode 1 is out, i am certain that the entire show is gonna be as awesome as it looks.

"As awesome as it looks" is an inderstatement. Typically trailers show only the coolest aspects of the story but the actual content ends up delivering less than you expected. Very rare is the case when the actual content is just as good. RWBY proved EVEN BETTER than the trailers by far :wub:

Oh my god I watched ep 1 last night and it was soooo good. Barbara and Lindsay definitely worked on their voice acting since the yellow trailer and it sounded really good. Can't wait to see more bad assery from this show.

Funny thing is that episode 1 was actually recorded before Yellow trailer. I found that out today tho, tbh.

Edited by Freedan

(edited)

Well, I just saw the First episode, and I really like this. I've been looking foward to this Anime for a month now, and when I found out I missed out on the premiere I was furious. I had to wait another two weeks, but now I've seen it, and I'm happy.

The voice acting in this is good. I do tnk they need better microphones though. Blake and Junior sound horrible, but the girls sound really cool. The animation is amazing. I must simply say that this is amazing. The fight scenes are awesome and.....it's just plain awesome. The soundtrack is too. I have to listen to the opening theme song over and over again! I love it!

RWBY is amazing, it might have. Chance if being better than Spice and Wolf.

I'll definitely be on this thread more.

*following this thread*

~B

Oh and by the way, Yang is my Favourite.

Edited by HoloTheWolf
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Here is the ABSOLUTELY AWESOME Theme tune/Opening (hopefully the "1st" for the First season) to RWBY for any Newbies to RWBY that stumble upon the thread xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5tbxxy0mmQ

IT'S JUST SO .... TWT Awesomely Japanese Looking and sounding, but still has the English Lyrics which ROCK! xDDDD

It's like Soul Eater Met Fairy tail x3 haha

Edited by DrWhoFan
  • Brohoof 1

And I'm also gonna say this. Vomit boy FTW. He might not take flying very well, but no one ought to underestimate him on the ground. Since you mentioned Fairy Tail, I'm calling it now, he's essentially like Natsu :P

And I'm also gonna say this. Vomit boy FTW. He might not take flying very well, but no one ought to underestimate him on the ground. Since you mentioned Fairy Tail, I'm calling it now, he's essentially like Natsu :P

Well i mean, compared to other background characters, he was in colour. Unless you have reason to hide them, you don't make a model of a character that will appear for 5 seconds. I'm intrigued to know what role his "team" will play opposite RWBY.

It's too early to tell, but mark my words that there will be more than just a handful of Yang x Vomit Boy shippers out there :P Not that I'd be one of them of course.

So it finally arrived, huh. I just finished watching the first episode and loved it. I've been following Monty Oum's work ever since watching Dead Fantasy, so I have really high hopes for this series.

I really want to see Weiss already; she's been my favorite ever since the white trailer (best of the trailers, in my opinion). Second favorite character is Yang.

I've been loving the soundtrack so far. "Mirror Mirror" is my favorite of the trailer themes. "I Burn" is my second favorite, but, despite loving how it remixed "Red Like Roses", I wish it featured more of the original piece at the end.

So it finally arrived, huh. I just finished watching the first episode and loved it. I've been following Monty Oum's work ever since watching Dead Fantasy, so I have really high hopes for this series.

I really want to see Weiss already; she's been my favorite ever since the white trailer (best of the trailers, in my opinion). Second favorite character is Yang.

I've been loving the soundtrack so far. "Mirror Mirror" is my favorite of the trailer themes. "I Burn" is my second favorite, but, despite loving how it remixed "Red Like Roses", I wish it featured more of the original piece at the end.

If you listen carefully, "I burn" actually remixed the songs from all the previous trailers as well as having its own at the very end. It goes along with how the color scheme in Yellow trailer has a mixture of all the colors in previous trailers, whereas each trailer's predominant color was the color of the next trailer (Red trailer had a lot of white to foreshadow White trailer, White had plenty of black, and Black had plenty of yellow).

If you listen carefully, "I burn" actually remixed the songs from all the previous trailers as well as having its own at the very end. It goes along with how the color scheme in Yellow trailer has a mixture of all the colors in previous trailers, whereas each trailer's predominant color was the color of the next trailer (Red trailer had a lot of white to foreshadow White trailer, White had plenty of black, and Black had plenty of yellow).

Oh right, I knew that but forgot to mention it (I was listening to the song just as I was posting that too :lol:) . I never noticed the color forshadows though; I guess I was more focused on the moon shattering and trying to figure out why it didn't shatter for Yellow  :huh:  

Now that I think about it, wasn't the moon a bit beaten in the first episode? It looks as like did after the Red trailer. Did that scene with Ruby in the trailer already happen? And what's the significance of the moon shattering anyway? Hmmm.

Oh right, I knew that but forgot to mention it (I was listening to the song just as I was posting that too :lol:) . I never noticed the color forshadows though; I guess I was more focused on the moon shattering and trying to figure out why it didn't shatter for Yellow  :huh:  

Now that I think about it, wasn't the moon a bit beaten in the first episode? It looks as like did after the Red trailer. Did that scene with Ruby in the trailer already happen? And what's the significance of the moon shattering anyway? Hmmm.

No idea tbh, but the broken moon was glaringly obvious in ep1. It was one of the very first things I noticed in fact. I don't know what it means but considering the way it was presented, I figure it may have something to do with Dust. Not a lot of info was shown in ep1 but I feel there's quite a bit of foreshadowing involved with perhaps some sort of struggle with the beasts of olden days to come. I doubt the events of the trailers has any significance with what's happening in the actual series tho.

@,

Yea I noticed the broken moon in ep1 as well. I then ended up watching the Yellow trailer again and found that the shattered moon was present there as well. So that must mean it has some sort of significance. 

@,

Yea I noticed the broken moon in ep1 as well. I then ended up watching the Yellow trailer again and found that the shattered moon was present there as well. So that must mean it has some sort of significance. 

The moon will be important, I don't doubt that like I said. I mean what happened in the trailers is what's not, as in the events in the trailer won't have a lot of bearing other than showing perhaps what sort of relationships some characters have with others (Ruby and Yang being sisters, Blake and Adam having a strong connection to each other).

@,

I realized recently that Blake and Adam are a play on Beauty and the Beast. They work as a team, but Adam seems to be the more aggressive one, while Blake left Adam at the end most likely because she didn't want to do what they were doing anymore. So I am officially predicting that Adam will eventually become good and side with the RWBY team. Also, in the beginning of the Yellow trailler, the man that was talking to Junior was Adam, and there seemed to be a picture of Weiss on the tablet he was holding. Just an interesting thing to note. 

Kinda sure that wasn't Adam, but rather another character. A lot of them seem to have swords so it doesn't really mean much by itself. You could be right tho, but it's not a lot to go on.

No idea tbh, but the broken moon was glaringly obvious in ep1. It was one of the very first things I noticed in fact. I don't know what it means but considering the way it was presented, I figure it may have something to do with Dust. Not a lot of info was shown in ep1 but I feel there's quite a bit of foreshadowing involved with perhaps some sort of struggle with the beasts of olden days to come. I doubt the events of the trailers has any significance with what's happening in the actual series tho.

My thoughts exactly. And, even though I suggested the possibility that the trailer actually happened, I also doubt it. 

Heh, maybe the moon is one giant pile of dust. 

The moon can wait; I want to see some of this dust in action. It allowed mankind to fight back against the monsters -- using some kind of magic, by the looks of it. Oh well, I'm sure there will be some kind of explanation or presentation of dust and it's uses eventually.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
Heh, maybe the moon is one giant pile of dust. 

This.

That actually would make a lot of sense. I just came up with a theory right now that the little crystals in Weiss's sword that allow her to super charge it or whatever are made of Dust. The crystals and the gems in the Dust shop looked pretty similar. Just a theory. 

Edited by Ampharos

(edited)

I watched the first episode yesterday, and I love it already, :wub:

Judging from all the trailers, I think Weiss (White) is going to be my favourite. ;)

And... this song... <3

Edited by Mashiro Shiina

• 2 weeks later...

So what did you guys think of episode 2 and 3? I liked how everything had been going, although Weiss was a huge disappoint to me personally. I thought she was going to be a calm and collected person who was really nice. Her weapon also intrigued me, and was probably one of my favorites. But now we find out she's really bitchy and I don't really know if I like that. Blake seems how I figured she would be and John... well he's just John. Anyway enough about my thoughts. What about you guys?

• Brohoof 1

I'm liking it so far, but the 2D animation parts feel a little off to me. 

As for Weiss... I love her. So mean and that sarcasm XD. Yep, Weiss is definitely my favorite character so far. Yang is a close second.

Also "tall, blond and scraggly" is already becoming nice comedy relief character; I just hope they don't push it too far.