Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What sort of things have people made fun of you for?

Moonlight

I haven't been made fun of since I was a kid, but when I was like 8, I used to carry around this Pikachu backpack that I was obsessed with, and I would get made fun of for that.

• Brohoof 3

One way or another I have been made fun of for literally almost everything I've ever done or been into whether it was warranted or not. Most of the time the things I'm made fun of are from my little brother who is a total asshole and laughs at my every failure and relishes at my every pain. He is probably the REASON I don't believe that you should have to love family just because they are family. Fuck. Him. When I move out, I will never have contact with him again.

But you know what? I keep doing it. Why? Because it's not someone else's place to define who you are. I don't care if I like things that are weird or controversial or that things I like might be the unpopular choice. I've been accused of liking certain things for attention or just to be different when this is hardly the case. I don't do things I don't like unless I have to. I admit I enjoy the reactions I get sometimes but that's hardly the reason I do it.

Go be the weirdest person in the world if it makes you happy, that's what I always say.

• Brohoof 3

For being a member of the "elite PC master race" since i'm a PC gamer first.

Knowing things about computers besides face book, i.e i know where the actual power switch is and how to use it :P (no joke my fathers first question when we got our first comp 20 years ago was "okay its all plugged in now why won't it turn on?")

Collecting figures and other "toys" that i prominently display all over my house.

Collecting and building star trek model kits.

Building actual Halo based armor (though most start at how awesome it is, then change their attitude)

being "Smart" in general, and often called a "know it all" simply because if i don't know it, i'll look it up!

I'll admit when i'm wrong, and even how stupid i truly am though.

hmm not much else.. when i was a kid i was known as "Phsyco kid" in one school cause i kicked the HS Senior's biggest known "bully" right in the nuts and got away with it despite i was only in 5th grade at the time :)

• Brohoof 2

Oddly enough, people barely pick on me. I'm mostly ignored by my peers. But when people do pick on me, it's usually for--

• For liking MLP, Sonic, and Pokemon.
  • My looks, which drove my self-esteem into hell.
  • For making mistakes every now and then; a bit of clumsiness.
  • For being quiet...

Maybe some other things as well.

Holly shet, we have so many things in common. mlp-dgosh.png

• Brohoof 2

1. For liking mlp.

2.For being way too random and crazy.

3. For being too social and talkative. 

4. For saying the weirdest and craziest things.

5. For caring too much about my hair and my appearance.

6. For staring at the mirror 24/7

7. For being too flirty with girls.

8. For being too smart and a goodie tooshoes.

9. For hanging out with adults.

10. For being very crtitical and smart ass ish.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I was once made fun of for having shorts that only reached my knees and not my chens.  :huh:

~Slight acne, Glasses, and for being Scrawny (until they seen how much I lift icon_lol.gif)

Edited by Retro✮Derpy
  • Brohoof 2

Didn't know what to think about girls in middle school since I was awkward, and got chastized as people called me "Gay" and "Homo" for not liking girls.  HS was different since I liked girls, but stayed away from them since most were A-holes with a few nice ones. 

My looks were also looked down on, not to mention i'm only 5' 6" to 5' 7" while most friends/classmates I knew were around 5' 10" to 6'+ tall. 

• Brohoof 3

1: Ponies. But this is just usually my dad, who isn't mean about it, he just pokes fun at me. "Watching your ponies, are you?"

2: My laugh. It really is quite loud and annoying. As much as I try to change it, it won't change. I'm a bit self-conscious about that.

3: Being a Christian. Some of my Atheist friends kinda think I'm an idiot. But that's okay, I guess. It's not going to make me stop believing what I believe.

4: Refusing to curse and make inappropriate around people. Going into highschool, everyone curses and are constantly making innuendos. When I refuse to, they all look at me funny. Sorry people, it's just not going to happen.

5: 14 and never had a boyfriend. ... It's not like people haven't wanted to date me! I just politely say no! I constantly get asked, "So, why don't you have a boyfriend yet?" BECAUSE I'M FREAKING 14 AND I'M NOT GOING TO GET MARRIED UNTIL AFTER COLLEGE, YOU IDIOTS! WHY WOULD I NEED A BOYFRIEND AT THIS POINT IN TIME?!  ... It really annoys me. Honestly, when I'm a sophomore, I will begin possibly saying yes to people. I would like to get my high school life settled before having to deal with the drama of a 'boyfriend'.

• Brohoof 6

Most of what the OP mentioned also happened to me, so I can relate to that. Over the years I've been made fun of for all sorts of things, including but not limited to:

- My looks/physique

- My weakness.

- My lack of physical ability.

- My disinterest in sport.

- My sense of humour.

- My overall mannerisms.

- My enjoyment of Pokémon.

- My enjoyment of anime.

- My enjoyment of ponies.

- My interest in Japan (lol weeaboo)

- My antisocial-ness.

- The fact I drive a hybrid.

- My quietness.

- My shyness.

- My perpetually single status.

- My depression.

- My race.

Among other things... Yeah, it's been a rough ride at times.

• Brohoof 3

One thing was my head. This was when I was younger. My head is slightly enlarged thanks to hydrocephalus but it looked worse when I was younger. Now, it is harder to tell. Kids made fun of me for that.

Second would be my complete social awkwardness. I am incredibly anti social but if by some chance I am social with someone, I always come off as awkward. I always talk about random things, the volume of my voice fluctuates randomly, and I always seem nervous. I basically had little to no friends when I was younger. I still only have a few now.

I was also made fun of online by someone for liking MLP and for being autistic.

Those are the main things I guess... I have been becoming more anti social and reclusive over the years so the odds of this happening are pretty low, unless they are online.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

In middle school no one really made fun of me. I would get into fights over small things and people just stopped messing with me, but I had no friends because of that either.

High school is a bit different though. I look completely fine, it's just that I don't look all that manly. So yeah, I have a girly face, and when I first started high school I had medium hair and you could legitimately confuse me for a tomboy. I wear mostly skinny jeans and a T-shirt + sweatshirt combo, and I have to admit, I often sit with my legs crossed high and when I stand I don't have the same posture as most of my male friends.

No one openly makes fun of me, but when I'm with some of my friends, when the opportunity arises they can say some really predictable stuff, jokingly implying I'm gay or something. I've had my hair cut short, but they still sometimes joke with me if they have a really good opportunity. I am completely straight and I like women and all that, I just don't feel the need to go all macho. Feels pointless and I don't like pretending to be someone I'm not.

Edited by PinkiePai
  • Brohoof 2

More like what have people not made fun of me for? I thought this all ended in middle school, but apparently even post-high school/college it's still there... Even worse than high school. =/

- My eating habits. If there's one thing that every. single. person. ever. has to comment on, it is my eating habits. The thing is that I have a bad gag reflex, and that prevents me from eating a lot of things. My pickiness is not a matter of choice. Thus, I always stick to what I know. It doesn't waste money, and it doesn't make me sick. (it's very embarrassing to be unable to eat something in public, especially when somebody else paid for it for you. Totally has happened to me. =( ). But anyway, like at work I typically eat the same thing every single lunch-break. So they always pick on me for that, and then I get picked on for every little other detail. Like if I bring cereal, everybody comments why I eat it dry without milk. I'm allergic to milk! And no matter how many times I tell them, they still ask every single time. -_- (Why does it matter so .... much that I eat my cereal dry anyway? Why do my eating habits matter at all to begin with?!)

- The instrument I play. Don't get me wrong, I have never let this one get to me (my instrument is just too awesome for them), and it's not been a particularly common occurrence having surrounded myself mostly by other musicians.

- Not always perfectly fitting into my gender role. Again, this one happens mostly at work. I really feel like I've gone back to middle school... I thought people had grown out of this.

- For having values. Of course, I'm not talking about the conservative Christian "values", I'm talking more that I've been raised conservatively on relationships and the time for, well, you know. I'm less uptight than my parents, but I guess I'm still way too uptight for others. I find this funny considering I'm in the Bible Belt, and I have more values for this than the self-proclaimed "good Christian" at my workplace. xD

- Specifically at work: My choice of using a single (one-person) restroom instead of the other multi-stalled restrooms. I know... This one is ridiculous, but it has even got comments. They're all like "Why don't you come use the restroom with us?" and I'm like "Noooo..." I'm not a social person when using the bathroom, which makes me weird, I guess. I need my space.

tl;dr version: People care way too much about stuff that doesn't matter, and seem to have an inclination to pry way too much into my business. -_-

Like you the main thing I got picked on for (and only thing I think) was for being a Christian, and having Christian values.

Unlike you though, everything got better after high school, I started to not care what people thought and people seemed to not care as much and respect me for having those values more then anything else.

I used to get bullied a bit just for being "new" (I had 3 diff primary schools and sometimes people where not that nice to me).

5: 14 and never had a boyfriend. ... It's not like people haven't wanted to date me! I just politely say no! I constantly get asked, "So, why don't you have a boyfriend yet?" BECAUSE I'M FREAKING 14 AND I'M NOT GOING TO GET MARRIED UNTIL AFTER COLLEGE, YOU IDIOTS! WHY WOULD I NEED A BOYFRIEND AT THIS POINT IN TIME?!  ... It really annoys me. Honestly, when I'm a sophomore, I will begin possibly saying yes to people. I would like to get my high school life settled before having to deal with the drama of a 'boyfriend'.

I cannot tell you how many times people made fun of me for not having a girlfriend!

I told them the same thing every time! "I am way too young to have to worry about relationships!"

But, of course they called me gay! I'm bisexual,people,get it right!! Sheesh!

Kids can be so cruel!  :(

• Brohoof 5

To be honest, I haven't been teased a whole lot about being a brony. The worst I've gotten is one of my friends asking me why exactly I like the show and another friend teased me about it in a friendly and fun way. I guess I've also been made fun of due to my short size, but even then it's only friendly teasing.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

A lot of things. Where do I start? I'll just start here:

1. for being bisexual

2. for being an atheist

3. for picking my nose (that was a long time ago)

4. for being shy

5. for having a short temper

6. for one day having an accident in the middle of class (a long time ago)
7. My lack of strength

8. the way I dress

9. for the fact I don't shower twice every day

10. for some of my friends

11. the way I look

12.For the fact that I take things the wrong way.

Edited by Gamer P0N3
  • Brohoof 2

-My last name is Trinkle. That somehow fueled 10 years of ridicule from 6 differnt schools.

Those schools can go buck themselves!!

Trinkle sounds like an awesome last name!!

A lot better than my last name!

Another thing i was picked on for was having a girly name!

• Brohoof 2

Thank you, your kindness is appreciated. But I carry no malice towards them. Their words are as hollow as they are. But looking back it was quite laughable on how creative they got, all be it they were grade schoolers so not all that creative. But by now, life will have taken its course.

• Brohoof 2

1. for being "retarded"
  2. looks
  3. failing at asking girls out 
  4. grades 
  5. how I tried to fit in
  6. for being me
  7. wanting to join the military somehow
  8. watching MLP
  9. being weak

10. and stage fright...*blank stare* no... 

but now I have over come most of these obstacles by actually being me. and I'm damn proud for being me :yay: !  

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

My weight has always been the big one (no pun intended) with me. I used to be a bit of a butterball, and that was primarily what kids attacked me for in middle school. Like...relentlessly. Even though I was nowhere near being one of the fatter kids at school. It pretty much fucked my self-esteem over, and I fell into a pit of self-loathing for at least a decade to follow after graduating from that hellhole of a school.

I'm happy to say that between April '12 and this past April, I've shed over 30 lbs. While I'm still a bit on the stocky side, I'm a lot slimmer that I used to be, not too far away from my ideal weight. As such, I've not heard a single negative thing recently about my weight, but rather a slough of compliments.

Word to the wise: Not all of your personal demons in life can be slain, but when you manage to slay at least one? It's the greatest feeling in the world. So chin-up, Wheatley - you're a beautiful person no matter what any know-nothing stool-for-brains tells you. :)

3. for apparently wearing my pants so much higher then everyone else. >_>. Even though I don't.

Something tells me you live in an area full of these buttknockers. :ph34r:

Edited by Lowline Thrash
  • Brohoof 7

My weight has always been the big one (no pun intended) with me. I used to be a bit of a butterball, and that was primarily what kids attacked me for in middle school. Like...relentlessly. Even though I was nowhere near being one of the fatter kids at school. It pretty much fucked my self-esteem over, and I fell into a pit of self-loathing for at least a decade to follow after graduating from that hellhole of a school.

I'm happy to say that between April '12 and this past April, I've shed over 30 lbs. While I'm still a bit on the stocky side, I'm a lot slimmer that I used to be, not too far away from my ideal weight. As such, I've not heard a single negative thing recently about my weight, but rather a slough of compliments.

Word to the wise: Not all of your personal demons in life can be slain, but when you manage to slay at least one? It's the greatest feeling in the world. So chin-up, Wheatley - you're a beautiful person no matter what any know-nothing stool-for-brains tells you. :)

Something tells me you live in an area full of these buttknockers. :ph34r:

Well theres a good bit of people like that around here yeah haha. Of course I've had people who don't wear their pants like that tell me that, so idk.

I think people just mistaken my long legs making my pants look like their higher up, when they don't realize how much my legs make up my body. :/.

But yeah theres people like that around here, i don't get it :/.

• Brohoof 1

I can only think up of one thing. I have a nerd-like appearance with glasses and a body that shouts out that I don't go to the gym. Some people have said: "I can beat you in a fight because you're weak." and stuff. But it was just verbal stuff and not actually hurtful to me.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I could go on and on about the assortment of insults I've received and the reasons I've received them, but I lay upon you one of the most suprising things I've been made fun of for doing:

I get made fun of... for wearing spunky sweaters.

Edited by Zerrodo
  • Brohoof 2

The main things people used to pick on me for were reading all the time ( I used to read all the time like legit Twilight walking and reading.) and for being quiet and not talking to anyone.

Now that I'm not in high school though and I'm out in the real world where most people are mature and civil towards each other so I don't get made fun of any more:

• Brohoof 4

Hmm, lets see. 

1. I'm quiet and shy.
  2. I liking Pokemon and other 'wimpy' things.
  3. I'm very short.
  4. I'm terrible at sports.
  5. My terrible strength.

That's pretty much all of it. I've never been properly bullied, though.

• Brohoof 3