Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What sort of things have people made fun of you for?

Moonlight

Well, let me see...

• Being a brony (Sadly, that's sort of a given)
  • Being overweight (Working on fixing that, though! I've lost 20 pounds in the past month and a half!)
  • Being tall
  • Being awkward
  • Talking too loud
  • Talking too quietly
  • Wearing the dozens of video game shirts I own
  • Being a "try-hard" (Apparently giving a crap about my grades and trying to get a good job is just too much for some people to handle. This one really pisses me off.)
  • Not doing any sports (Besides swimming for a year)
  • Being a percussionist (Seriously, there are some people that are convinced that "anyone" can play the drums like a maestro. It's easy to learn, but very difficult to master, believe me. There's a lot of instruments within the percussion section that you have to learn how to play properly. None of the other instruments get ratted out on like percussion does. I play piano, too, but no one makes fun of that....)
  • Playing too many video games
  • Being American (We're not ALL bad, you know!)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Edited by TheTEChguy27
  • Brohoof 1

Omg, there's alot of reasons actually! xD

- Being too quiet

- Prefer working alone

- Daydreaming alot

- Socially awkward

- The way I react to events

- My friends

- Talking softly, and quickly

- Being shy

- Always wear the same clothes, do not follow the fashion

- Getting good grades

- I was running really fast (seriously, they made fun of that...)

- My skin is very pale (My nickname come from here lol)

- Being too intelligent for them, I guess.

Oh well, my childhood was terrible, but in the end, I found awesome friends. ;)

• Brohoof 3

Ah. Almost forgot.

I'm a laughaholic. Some people like it, some people find it annoying.

Like I'm usually giggling at something most of the time since I find a lot of things humorous, and when I see something hilarious I go into a full-blown laughing fit.

So yeah, I can be a little obnoxious in that regard. B)

Alright, let's see:

• Being shy/quiet- In my Senior year of high school, people who I had classes with everyday had no clue who I was.
  • Being a bit eccentric- While I am quiet when I don't really know anyone around me, if I do then I'm usually very talkative and I say a bunch of weird things. The only time my feeling were actually hurt by this was something two guys said about me in a music class about two years ago. Apparently I was "really annoying" and the only reason they wanted me in their group was because I was "good at guitar" and they wanted a good grade in the class. I later left their group and they failed the class. 
  • My long hair- I never really got made fun of for it, but people did like to make jokes about my "luxurious, golden locks"
  • My effeminate face- I get told all the time that I look like a girl. In fact, about two months ago when I worked at a garden center, I had to wear my hair in a ponytail. This led to me being called "Miss" or "Ma'am" on a daily basis for the entire time I worked there.
  • My big nose- I didn't think it was that big until I got to high school. People sure let me know, though.
  • Being a brony/fan of My Little Pony- Jokes were made, I even made some about myself, but they were never hateful. My music teacher would often call me "Ponyboy" (very original, I know) whenever I wore an MLP shirt. She would often yell "My Little Pony!" from down the hall if she saw me wearing a shirt haha.
  • Looking mad/angry/sad- I didn't really get made fun of for this, but it did happen a lot. People would often ask me "What's wrong?" or "Are you okay?". It's nice that they care, but I'm just a very calm person. I thought it was actually ironic since I was usually the happiest or most positive person people knew. 

Well, that's my list. Nothing too major, really, I think I actually got off pretty lucky. I don't really let jokes get to me unless they are said to me in a really hateful manner.

• Brohoof 1

Wow, I'm just going to have to sum this up, I suppose...

-My intelligence

-My lack of sociability

-My bad temper

-My dancing

-The fact that I sometimes wear a hat

-The fact that I'm bad at all sports

-My absent-mindedness (Once, my sports teacher told me to "go off and play with the fairies". This made me really angry, but I tried not to show it at the time.)

-My sister always calls me gay

-People even once made fun of my girlfriend

I can't imagine what my life would be like if people found out that I was a brony.

• Brohoof 1

*Rubs hands together*

Where do I start?

-Being Quiet

-Being socially awkward.

-My face is naturally quite red, probably something to do with my Eczema.

-Not liking sport (apart from Tennis. But here in the UK, if you don't like football, you ain't a proper man!)

-Not so much being a nerd, because I don't really talk about that kind of stuff except with my close friends (and even then, only the ones who actually care.)

- Not having a Girlfriend. Ever. (I've never plucked up the courage to ask, so I guess it's only my own fault.)

-Being fat. Kinda. More being lazy.

-Not being macho.

-Being reasonable? Yes, just because I don't shout and scream obscenities like a complete ape when someone disagrees with me, I get picked on.

-Valuing emotional attributes over physical ones.

-Refusing to get into fights

-Not liking Call of Duty

-Not liking FIFA

-Not liking consoles

-Not liking Gears of War

-Not liking horror movies. Not even the good ones.

- When I have to stand in front of a large group of people, and be the center of attention (This wasn't in the job description, English lesson) I visibly shake and I stutter. It's horrible.

Edited by Spess

For me the things i was made fun of was

My weight, hit the gym and changed that

My glasses, seriously i cant do anything about my eyesight

My music, I went to school in the ghetto I liked rock and metal so i was strange

My sense of style, again i didnt fit the norm cause of my rock and metal music

And finaly my shyness in general, it was always hard for me to talk to people I liked

Suprisingly no one makes fun of me for mlp probably cause they're Intimidated by me now

Edited by DaReaper
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Absolutely nothing because I won't allow them to. I'm at uni now so I'm away from the juvenile behaviour of high school. There's quite a lot that people could mock me for and bully me for but a mix of indifferent responses and headbutts over the years have meant that nobody cares what I like and do because they know that I don't care what they think. I go to uni wearing a 20% cooler T-shirt often enough and nobody bats an eye-lid.

People at my school used to pick on me for being fat, because I was fat :P

Also my friend tease me a bunch for liking MLP, but it's more like friendly teasing, so count it if you want.

• Brohoof 1

Well... I've been called out as homosexual due to being a brony (me and Celestia-knows how many others), a brute (well, I'll admit I'm brusque, but I can still outsmart most), and a nerd (so was Bill Gates.)

I think it's safe to say that I (like most of us) have been picked on for not conforming to the ideals concerning social/gender expectations that were laid over generations.  The only thing I have to say to the conformists is:

gt+Blind+pick+gt+We+have+Malphite+top+an

I will be what I am.

*Rubs hands together*

Where do I start?

*snip*

-Not liking Call of Duty

-Not liking FIFA

-Not liking consoles

-Not liking Gears of War

*snip*

Console gaming is more a preference than anything.  Also, FIFA, like Madden, is a sad example of a video game, for it probably be cheaper and far more productive to play the real thing outside.

Concerning Cod, I prefer mine breaded, deep-fried and served with some, golden, thick cut fries I think it to be... well, a game. Nothing about it stands out to me.  Same thing with Gears of War.  If I want an FPS to play, I'll take the one that's free, not 30-70 dollars, + DLCs if you fall for them.  In my case, my FPS fix is Team Fortress 2- nice and casual (and bloody funny, literally and figuratively), but also has its own competitive levels.  Even then, I stand out from most of the mercenaries that play by not giving a buck about hats.  (Like this.)

Pretty much anything they can really, unfortunately I'm the kind of person that bullies see as an easy target, and I really am, I'm not able to deal with stuff like that very well. I suppose it's good that no-one has ever really gotten to know me, so I've never had anyone make fun of any aspect of my personality other than the fact that I'm quiet.

The one thing that people always make fun of me for, no matter where I go, is that I have long hair. Apparently a man having long hair is personally offensive to some people, it's not uncommon for people to yell at me about it while I'm outside. Even my family makes fun of me for it to a point that could be considered bullying.

Lets see.

1/ Wearing glasses (terrified of contacts lol)

2/ My weight, lost alot but still abit big.

3/ Not showing interest in girls.

4/ Being a loner, hanging with less popular people.

I actually get no grief from being a brony,

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

-Hanging with less popular people

-Being a brony

-being only 5'3 tall

-Weighing 120 pounds

-My weird eye color (Blue-Green-Light amber brownish when ya look cloae)

-My ADHD

-My low athleticism

-For being one of the quietest people in class (The teacher likes it... why can't anybody else :( )

• Brohoof 1

I kept my head down in school and avoided being noticed whenever possible, so I have few stories to tell. I was an ugly (and awkward) duckling, however, and there was an instance in which I was asked out as a joke.

-My hair (I get called a "dirty hippie", or something to that effect, by just about every single person my age who I happen to bump into).

-Liking My Little Pony.

-My style.
-The fact that I prefer solitude over friend-making, and interaction with others.
-Having feelings towards Derpy.

-My family.
-My personality disorder.
-Being quiet.
-Not drinking alcohol.

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur
  • Brohoof 2

Ah... wonderful

- Always have been a quiet person and stayed to myself alot. People would always ask " are you okay" and also being called weird for being quiet.

- the usual for not having a girlfriend in high school...  and the one girl I did date ended up cheating on me so.... yup

what else could I say that hasn't been already said. A lot of people in society are mean like that so what can one do aside move on.

• Brohoof 6

I was teased early in high school when I started growing a beard and mustache. Mostly everyone at the time saw it as an excuse to rile me up via derogatory comments and comparing to stereotypical figures with facial hair.

Talk about childish. But these days it's one of the advantages I have over them that has graced me with a few unique lovely experiences in my life.

When I was little I was called "bucky the buck tooth beaver" becuase I had a really messed up mouth (I had braces for 6 years if that gives you an idea of how bad) , but now that's all fixed.  Now I get teased for: 

Having extremely broad shoulders (i'm a girl)

my voice (it always sounds congested even if I am not)

my past (I was homeless, and I am an orphan),

Being a Brony (and fighting the term Pegasister),

anything I do that's not "girly" (steam engines, blacksmithing....the list can really go on, and honestly this is one the topics I don't care about teased about),

the lack of girliness (i don't wear makeup, don't know how to wear makeup, have no piercings, or any real girly clothes)

my clothes (I dress like a guy, and I look 'country'),

my intelligance (I come off as ditsy because I don't want people to talk to me, although my friends know otherwise {as well as my schools}),

my husband (I get threatening on this topic, I don't take any Bulls**t from anyone who dares to insult my husband. 

• Brohoof 1

When I was little I was called "bucky the buck tooth beaver" becuase I had a really messed up mouth (I had braces for 6 years if that gives you an idea of how bad) , but now that's all fixed.  Now I get teased for: 

Having extremely broad shoulders (i'm a girl)

my voice (it always sounds congested even if I am not)

Being a Brony (and fighting the term Pegasister),

anything I do that's not "girly" (steam engines, blacksmithing....the list can really go on, and honestly this is one the topics I don't care about teased about),

the lack of girliness (i don't wear makeup, don't know how to wear makeup, have no piercings, or any real girly clothes)

my clothes (I dress like a guy, and I look 'country'),

my intelligance (I come off as ditsy because I don't want people to talk to me, although my friends know otherwise {as well as my schools}),

my husband (I get threatening on this topic, I don't take any Bulls**t from anyone who dares to insult my husband. 

Its a shame people put others down for anything. But honestly that is the attitude you ought to have. If you don't lookout for your own back you won't have anyone to back you up. Don't take crap from anyone out there in the world and keep your head up.

• Brohoof 2

It's been a while since I've been made fun of, but I've never been able to say my long "th" sound right.

Like, "Three" is "Free," "Throw" is "Fro," "Thimble" is "Fimble," stuff like that. I can still say stuff like "The" and th sounds like that right.

I used to catch a lot of hell for that, but it's died down a lot.

You see, that really pisses me off.

People are fucked up.

I was orphaned when I was 10, so I feel ya. :D People don't realize how unfair it is, not having parents...having to see all of your friends complain about their parents and take advantage of what you long for every second of the day...it's hard enought not having to deal with stupid people giving you hell about it. :okiedokielokie:

I'm sorry to hear about how you had to deal with having to put up with shit about it. :(

• Brohoof 1

It's strange, I only realized how much has changed.

The great thing about high school is that if you're a quiet person for the first two years, and open up towards the end, you really just get great people talking with you.

I used to be one of those weird kids who would be all crazy and stupid all the time, and just horribly awkward.

Now, people just get that I don't give two f*cks what people think.

Moral of the story, wear a hoodie and listen to music. 

Rock n' Roll.

-Fix

• Brohoof 1