Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What sort of things have people made fun of you for?

Moonlight

When I was in school I got made fun of for being short, for having bad acne, for being quiet, for having long hair, for the way I dressed, for not being happy...

It usually ended without incident but I did throw a few punches and defended myself when things got physical. The ones who got physical with me never tried that shit again.

Ive been made fun of for: My race, my gender, my looks, my sensitive nature, and my upbringing.

When i tried standing up for myself i was painted as a pyscho, which made almost no one wanna hang or talk to me.

I find it funny that this was back in middle school, yet its 2019, I have a job; and i still get ridiculed for half of whats mentioned. The real kicker is when I try  to stand up for myself I just get called toxic.

I already responded to this post but here's a few more: 

I used to get a lot of grief at school because I was bad at sports.

People tease me about my funny looking car (I mean, it's a Smart car! I'll be the one laughing when I pass them by at the gas pumps).

Some people get the impression I'm a lesbian because I share my apartment with a girl and tend to hang out with females wherever I go. (I'm married to a guy, but I guess people see what they want to see).

None of this stuff bothers me. Just tossing it out there.  

Edited by Dreambiscuit

Among other things:

• Liking MLP
  • Not liking Trump
  • Being LGBT
  • My acne
  • Being an atheist
  • Shaving my legs (don't anymore, but I did when I could without being concerned about razors)
  • My eyebrows (they're egregious I know)
  • Apparently, existing

Edited by ~Dusky~
  • Brohoof 2

Being a cold-hearted b****.

Having confrontational tendencies.

Being introverted (unless provoked).

My 'romantic preferences.'

Awkwardness in social situations. 

I don't care what people think of me. If I think they're right, I'll work on the problems in my own way. 

I don't remember what they made fun of me for in elementary school. I think they just did it because I looked like their definition of weak, or just for the sake of bullying. I remember them calling me names, though.

Edited by heavens-champion
  • Brohoof 1

I get made fun of constantly for loving pop country, apparently so many people hate it cause they say "It's not real country, it's crap." 

So they decide to make fun of me for liking it. :yeahno: Y'all who bash people for their taste in music need to get a life.

Edited by Lucky Bolt

Surprisingly, I can't recall any of my peers making fun of me. At least, not to my face. I'd say that my family is more guilty of making fun of me more than anything, particularly about:

• The fact I'm hard of hearing. I often ask "What?", "Huh?", "Do-what?" after people say something to me, and everyone in my family used to mock me, and they'd always repeat my "what" back at me in an exaggerated, "mentally-handicapped" voice. I don't think they realize how demeaning that was.
  • My appearance. As a young teen, I wanted my appearance to reflect on how I felt on the inside, and my family gave me grief every day for it.
  • My romantic/sexual preferences. 
  • The fact I have emotions. My mother walked in on me privately crying and started berating me and telling me that I'm "an adult that should grow up" without any context as to what I was upset about (a death).
  • The fact that I hide my emotions due to instances related to the bullet point above. Was very often made fun of for being an emotionless robot.

My family sucked. 

• 4 weeks later...

I don't get, like, ruthlessly bullied as I'm pretty popular at my school, but I get made fun of (or have been made fun of) pretty regularly for:

• Being lanky. I'm not unhealthily skinny, but I'm 5'11 and about 60 kilograms (120 pounds); so my lack of mass is pretty apparent
  • Looking Indian. I don't actually think that I look Indian, but because I have black, straight hair and dark skin, I'm assumed to be Indian
  • Being gay. Back in primary school, year six, I told somebody that I was gay as they were teasing me about liking some girl; and then they told, like, everybody in the school. Probably wasn't a great idea for me to say that as I got teased about it for the rest of the year. I don't get teased about that now, but god, was I teased about that

Those are the main things.

• Brohoof 1

I've been made fun of so much shit over the years,and most of it happened at school.I once had a sebaceous cyst in my eyebrow and it got so noticable that a few of my classmates made fun of me.I've also been made fun of for lacking muscles/being scrawny,speaking slowly,having long hair/,my hairline,the clothes I wore to school,liking Metal music and lastly the one I will continue to be made fun of for the rest of my life...my crooked teeth.My upper front teeth are pretty fucked up but my lower teeth are perfectly fine.It's the one thing that has stood the test of time for bullying.The bullying messed me up so badly that I now refuse to show my teeth when smiling or taking pictures,i'm sometimes embarrassed to even talk.

Uhm, a few things.

• Being Asian. Not really "made fun of", just more of casual racial jokes. I'm not personally offended by most of them, but some cross over the line of "teasing" to "actually offensive", so. :v
  • What I wear. A lot of people make fun of me for what I wear (outside of my uniform, of course), and I don't really know why. Just because I don't wear name-brand shirts or what not doesn't mean anything. I just don't think a white t-shirt with a red rectangle is worth $200. :v
  • The fact that I drink coffee with cream and sugar. This has happened enough times for me to complain about it. Every time I get coffee and start adding cream and sugar, someone makes a comment. I have no grounds to stand up for myself on this one because they always can respond "Jeez dude, chill, it's just coffee", which yes, they're right. So why is it such a big deal that I drink it with cream and sugar? Gawd. >:v
  • Not going to the gym. Going to the gym is like maining sniper in TF2, because rule #1 of going to the gym is to never shut the hell up about how you go to the gym. I don't like being around those kind of people, so I prefer to work out in my own room.
  • Brohoof 2

I can think of two things that people have made fun of me for certain reasons. 

- I remember being made fun of for liking Naruto. I would always discuss the anime with my friends from time to time in high school. Over time, they called me a weaboo for liking Naruto. I honestly forgot what the word weaboo meant, but I think they used it in a bad sense of the word. I think they said that because they said I was obsessed with the anime. 

- Another thing I've been made fun of was my voice, or the way I sound. Most people think I sound weird, or that I smoke. When I talk, I usually sound pretty raspy. The reason is because I was born without an esophagus and my windpipe was underdeveloped. My doctors were able to help me and I was able to function like a regular person.

My height and at one point looking nerdy. I used to be rather skinny with glasses. Now that I have gained weight I do not look like a " nerd " stereotype. However I am still an ewok... 

Well.....

• being short
  • having been over weight (i lost a lot of weight and choose to become healthy)
  • being a nerd (which i love)
  • my friends (laughs on them,  i have the best friends in the world)
  • not liking fish or pork to eat.

*for being a shy/quiet kid.

*for my voice. I'm a woman but it sounds a bit mannish. 

*for being a chubby kid. 

*for having interests.

*for supporting the lgbtq community.

*for rejecting certain boys who tried asking me out after my weight loss.

*for liking mlp. 

*for writing poetry. 

*for being pansexual. I can't change that.

*for having more male friends than female. I just get along with males more it doesn't mean I have more dating options.

• 2 weeks later...

Fortunately, I'm waaaaayyyyyyyyyyy past the phase in life where this was a constant but I got it incessantly during elementary and middle school years. High school was fine, thank Celestia. Anyhow, I got it for anything and everything. If there's an aspect to yourself you can think of, I got blasted for it. Wrong clothes, wearing glasses, not cool enough shoes, no friends, lame friends when I got a few, reading, not being an idiot, being able to answer questions the teacher had, not being good at sports, not liking the right music, my last name... the list is functionally endless. I still hold a great deal of animosity towards anyone who bullied me. No, I won't "get over it." >.>

Teasing is no longer a problem anymore. But when getting in a new job, "pick on a rookie" is pretty much common.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I can honestly be very scatterbrained and tend to forget a lot of stuff here and there, so I guess that's why some people like to mock me behind my back. That kind of mocking is also why some people who I've never even met have this sort of presumption that I can't handle positions of trust because "I'd forget it right away anyways". :muffins: