Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do I delete my account?

Derpamena Diane Pie
Go to solution Solved by NavelColt,

I want to know how to deleat my account. don't ask why but i want to deleat my account. i don't know how though. can somepony tell me how to deleat the account, becauce i want to deleat my account please. i really want to deleAt my account. sorry for all the spelling errorsa

Unfortunately, you cannot delete your account. Well, technically, Feld0 could, but he doesn't, jjust in case you decide to come back after x/y/z amount of time. All you can do, is just turn your emaail alerts off and ignore the site. However, you are always welcome to come back using your account, should you choose to.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

As previously said, you cannot delete your own account. The staff does not delete accounts either, in order to keep record. If you truly want to leave, then you are free to request a permanent ban. However, it is recommended that you simply leave, so that you can return if desired. On the other hand, if you want your account deleted because of a mistake you made when registering, feel free to contact the site via a support ticket, as the staff is capable of making desired changes to your account. Deletion is not something we perform on a regular basis.

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
  • Brohoof 6

(edited)

As previously said, you cannot delete your own account. The staff does not delete accounts either, in order to keep record. If you truly want to leave, then you are free to request a permanent ban. However, it is recommended that you simply leave, so that you can return if desired. On the other hand, if you want your account deleted because of a mistake you made when registering, feel free to contact the site via a support ticket, as the staff is capable of making desired changes to your account. Deletion is not something we perform on a regular basis.

Nice posts once again, Twi :3 However, we don't hand out bans for this either, actually. If you want to leave, you can simply stop being active :P Rather old school, but it works fine. We're more than happy to aid someone who is leaving in removing any blogs or posts that contain any amount of personal information, but bans are not given out to folks who want to leave, in much the same way we don't delete accounts. It's simply the choice of the administration, and always has been as far as I know. Conservative perhaps, but it has plenty of benefits.

I'm going to be making an FAQ entry regarding account deletion/ban requests now, actually. It'd be very useful. One of those things I'm not sure why it doesn't exist, yet.

EDIT: It's done! > http://mlpforums.com/page/faq/_/moderation/i-dont-want-my-account-anymore-can-i-have-it-banned-or-removed-r79

So, OP, if you know of any posts or content of yours that is of a personal nature, feel free to make a Support Ticket and we can help in removing those. Bans and deletions aren't something we're comfortable in doing however. Sorrz :c

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
Adding new FAQ :3
  • Brohoof 3