Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What's your favorite game genre and what series do you enjoy? (Consoles Only)

Stoner Spike

60 users have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite game genre?

• Adventure
    • Action
    • Puzzle
    • Strategy
    • Role-Playing Game (RPG)
    • Shooting
    • Funny
    • Sports
    • Building
    • Platformer
    • Mystery
    • Simulator
    • Racing
    • Horror
    • Real-Time Strategy (RTS)
    • First Person
    • JRPG
    • Music/Rhythm
    • Fighting
  2. 2. What consoles do you own?

• PlayStation 1
    • PlayStation 2
    • PlayStation 3
    • Nintendo DS/DS Lite
    • Nintendo DSi/DSiXL
    • Nintendo 3DS
    • XBox
    • XBox 360
    • XBox 360 Elite
    • XBox 360 Kinect
    • GameBoy
    • GameBoy Advance
    • Wii
    • PlayStation Portable
    • NES
    • SNES
    • Nintendo 64
    • Sega Dreamcast
    • GameCube
  3. 3. What game series do you like? (Post suggestions, the only thing I use anymore is my PS2. Not alphabetized.)

• Crash Bandicoot
    • Naruto
    • Sly Cooper
    • NFL
    • NBA
    • WWE
    • Star Wars
    • Lego (Anything lego)
    • Sonic the Hedgehog
    • Pokemon
    • SSX
    • Super Mario Bros.
    • Halo
    • Call of Duty
    • Gears of War
    • Final Fantasy
    • Wild Arms
    • Kingdom Hearts
    • Spyro
    • Castlevania
    • Metal Gear
    • Ratchet and Clank
    • Jak and Daxter
    • The Legend of Zelda
    • The Sims
    • Paper Mario
    • Animal Crossing
    • Megaman
    • Rock Band
    • Guitar Hero
    • Monster Hunter
    • Silent Hill
    • Fire Emblem
    • Star Ocean
    • Shin Megami Tensei
    • Soul Calibur
    • God of War
    • Splinter Cell
    • Trauma Center
    • Valkyrie Profile
    • Disgaea
    • Golden Sun
    • Prince of Persia
    • Mortal Kombat
    • Mario Kart
    • Dead or Alive
    • StarCraft
    • Elder Scrolls

Added a racing genre a while ago, and remember, some of these series do have racing games in them, such as Crash Bandicoot or Sonic the Hedgehog. I'm not placing games separately, I'm grouping them by series.

But it shouldn't be like that in my opinion, if you have paper mario and mario bros, why don't you have mario kart? >.< technically it doesn't fit in the super mario timeline so.... :P

Is there any reason why the fighting genre doesn't have a vote box? lol

Does this mean fighting games are your favorite genre? if so, it's kinda scary how much like me you are. I've seen some of your intellectual long posts, and they're pretty similar to mine :) . So far I've agreed with you on all the topic. But if i strongly disagree with you and post a long response in response to one of your long responses... The internet might explode XD

Forgot to mention: TECHNICALLY there should be a DS Lite box. I mean you gave the DSi/XL it's own box... right? Or at last Merge it with the DS box.

Also, you should add the Dead or Alive series (keep the fighting gaming and the Xtreme/Paradise series apart though, please they're NOTHING alike)

And i kind of already said it but add mario Kart... i mean, have you PLAYED Mario Kart 7? That game is a-ma-ZING! :D

Edited by Pencil Hoof

My favourite genre is JRPGs, which I usually stick very tightly to and don't go outside of. I prefer console gaming, and do not play things on computers at all. And my favourite series out of all of them is Final Fantasy, with Pokémon and Kingdom Hearts coming at close seconds. I very much enjoy games with complex stories. JRPGs are just something that never get old to me. It's a good formula that I don't like to see changed up too much.

I prefer Nintendo-based consoles, but since FF games are usually released via the PlayStation brand, I also enjoy PlayStation. I usually ignore the Xbox and don't go anywhere near it due to its shooters reputation (which I have no interest for.) Although recently, I have apparently been told that the Xbox 360 sports a few JRPGs, so I might look into that. Because I have barely any money, I can't afford any of the newfangled consoles. My newest console is the PS3, which is a bust because other than FFXIII, I can't seem to find any other JRPGs on it. I think I prefer the PS2.

, which is a bust because other than FFXIII, I can't seem to find any other JRPGs on it. I think I prefer the PS2.

Let's go...

Nier

Resonance of Fate

Valkyria Chronicles

Atelier Rorona

Atelier Totori

Trinity Universe

Disgaea 3

Disgaea 4

Ar Tonelico Qoga

Cross Edge

Hyperdimension Neptunia

Hyperdimension Neptunia Mark II

White Knight Chronicles

White Knight Chornicles 2

Folklore

Dark Souls

Demon's Souls

Eternal Sonata

Skyrim

Record of Agarest War

Record of Agarest War Zero

Those I can remember :3

<3

Nier

Resonance of Fate

Valkyria Chronicles

Atelier Rorona

Atelier Totori

Trinity Universe

Disgaea 3

Disgaea 4

Ar Tonelico Qoga

Cross Edge

Hyperdimension Neptunia

White Knight Chronicles

Folklore

Dark Souls

Demon's Souls

Eternal Sonata

Skyrim

Record of Agarest War

Series, not separate games. I'll be adding those and removing the ones with no votes.

I have a question, what game series is Oblivion? I've heard of the Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion. Which is part of the Elder Scrolls series.

I am sad at no StarCraft box. THE CLASSICS MAN THE CLASSICS

Oblivion was a game series my cousins showed me for the PS3, that's about all I know. I don't think it's part of the Elder Scrolls.

Edited by Midnight

Series, not separate games. I'll be adding those and removing the ones with no votes.

Oblivion was a game series my cousins showed me for the PS3, that's about all I know. I don't think it's part of the Elder Scrolls.

No no, friend... I was replying the other pony who couldn't find another JRPG to play, so I told of those I could remember :3

Oh yeah, forgot about Star Ocean the Last Hope too!

No no, friend... I was replying the other pony who couldn't find another JRPG to play, so I told of those I could remember :3

Oh yeah, forgot about Star Ocean the Last Hope too!

So...should I add those? :huh: Never heard of any of them but Disgaea and Skyrim.

Normally, I'd say my favorite genre of game is the old school point-and-click adventure games. However, those don't translate well into console territory, so I'd say I like an RPG, or something in the MetroidVania category. My favorite game in this category is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

But it shouldn't be like that in my opinion, if you have paper mario and mario bros, why don't you have mario kart? >.< technically it doesn't fit in the super mario timeline so.... :P

Does this mean fighting games are your favorite genre? if so, it's kinda scary how much like me you are. I've seen some of your intellectual long posts, and they're pretty similar to mine :) . So far I've agreed with you on all the topic. But if i strongly disagree with you and post a long response in response to one of your long responses... The internet might explode XD

Forgot to mention: TECHNICALLY there should be a DS Lite box. I mean you gave the DSi/XL it's own box... right? Or at last Merge it with the DS box.

Also, you should add the Dead or Alive series (keep the fighting gaming and the Xtreme/Paradise series apart though, please they're NOTHING alike)

And i kind of already said it but add mario Kart... i mean, have you PLAYED Mario Kart 7? That game is a-ma-ZING! :D

Indeed, I love fighting games. Blazblue is my forte (<3) but I also dabble in KOF and Street Fighter every now and then.

Haha, it's nice to see someone who shares my way of approaching the world! I'm happy to get acquainted.

I love (J)RPGs, Racing Games and Action Games/Shooter but I also play many other kinds of games

Series I enjoy:

Metal Gear Solid has got to be my all-time fav :wub:

The DiRT Series(love DiRT-2 and 3)

EA Sports NHL, Madden and FIFA

Call of Duty

The shin megami tensei games

Final Fantasy

Resident Evil(especially 4)

the Total War series

Gran Turismo

F-Zero

Forza Motorsport

The legend of Zelda

Aww, I'm the only one who voted on the music/rhythm games and Rock band. :(

Nope, I voted for Rock Band too ;)

Let's go...

Nier

Resonance of Fate

Valkyria Chronicles

Atelier Rorona

Atelier Totori

Trinity Universe

Disgaea 3

Disgaea 4

Ar Tonelico Qoga

Cross Edge

Hyperdimension Neptunia

White Knight Chronicles

Folklore

Dark Souls

Demon's Souls

Eternal Sonata

Skyrim

Record of Agarest War

Those I can remember :3

<3

I heavily doubt Skyrim is a JRPG. I have looked it up and firstly, it came out in the US first. Second, the company that made it is based in Maryland. From what I've seen as well, it does not play like one. It's probably Western.

Other than that, thanks for the list though.