Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your least favorite/favorite thing about school?

Scootadress

My least favorite thing about school is how bad people make it sound. School really isn't THAT bad. Yeah, it has its moments but it's not the hell like people depict it. Maybe God's just blessing my school, I don't know but my school is perfectly fine.

Favorte: friends. Some friends don't live in your neighborhood so school is the perfect opportunity to see them.

Least favorite: Homework. It feels like it's just there to bring more stress on people, especially of they're in a lot of school activities.

I am not in school anymore

Favorite thing? 

is the gym

Least Favorite things?

having a lot of homework

in high school i saw Being forced to work out in the community with a job coach then later on i did not get a cap and gown

Another thing I don't like is having to wake up early in the morning. Coming up this year my school will start at 7:20, so I'll have to wake up at like 5:45 because I live kind of far from the school. Seriously, my brain can not function that early. Try starting school at like 9 then I might do better in school.

Favorite: When you meet new friends

Least favorite:

- Having to wake up early

- In my school, we have 3 grades together in one classroom. And the youngest ones start misbehaving while you're trying to work

- Group work

Edited by -Flutterbat-

Waking up early. I really used to hate living in Washington cause the schools started at 7:30. My bus got to my stop at like 6:40 so I had to get up at like 5:30 cause I'm a girl and take forever to get ready. Kind of glad I live in Texas again since my school starts at 8:30. Amazing to be able to get up at 6:30 and not be a zombie, but waking up still sucks.

You have no idea how thrilled I was to find out that my school was both near my house and had a 9:00 AM starting time when I moved to Texas.

It'll be like getting to sleep in every day.

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 2

Favorites:

-Getting to see my friends

-Quite a few teachers in my school are actually really awesome.

-I really enjoy the music education in my school.

Least Favorites:

-Group projects. I crack very easily under stress, yet people still think it's a good idea to make me do all/most of the work because of some stupid, "hurr durr he's smart and i'm lazy" bullshit.

-Gym. There are literally no words in the English language to accurately describe how much I absolutely loathe gym.

-State exams suck. Honestly, finals aren't that bad compared to the NYS Exams, in my opinion. I don't know how it is in other states, but here it's pretty much stressing kids out by forcing them to answer a ton of multiple choice questions, ridiculous short responses, and essays. And they only give you like 90 minutes per day.

• Brohoof 1

Favorite: It gives me something to do to be productive. Also, seeing my friends; if I'm lucky enough to have classes or lunch period with them.

Least favorite: Lots of homework... and not being able to see my friends if we don't have anything the same on our schedules :/

Favorite:

The fact I get out of my house and have something to do. I haven't gone outside in nearly a week, and that's been an ongoing thing this summer :confused:

Least Favorite: 

The people. Not much of a people person, I've come to discover - but really, I come from a tiny little redneck community :confused: There's a lot of racism and homophobia in my school and I don't like it and I don't like being around it.

There is nothing I really hated about school other than failing a test.

My favourite thing about school was the computer class, I was very skilled with computers and got along quite well with my teacher, I was allowed access to the WiFi and I could play my computer games during classes.  I once played Halo with my teacher during a class.

My favorite and least favorite thing about school is how monotonous and easy it all is.  Honestly, I never felt like I had to try to do anything, which at the time was frustrating.  Now, having entered the real world I wish I could have a day or two where I just went to class, listened to a teacher and did a few homework assignments!  I truly do miss school, and having spent most of my life with that routine, I feel a little out of place :(  I never realized how much I loved learning until I didn't have any classes to go to.

My least favorite aspects of the school system. Hm.

I really don't like how "life management" courses aren't even thought of. I'm sure it's likely been brought up in this thread, at least I hope so, but have you ever noticed that there are no courses which handle these sorts of topics? Why is sex-ed the only one that even comes close, besides maybe, maybe gym?

Also, who is advocating for the common core testing method? I have a deep respect for math and I still can't figure that shyt out. It's baffling parents why kids are being taught the long way around a problem rather than the short and direct way that they learned in schools when they were younger. Most adults can perform arithmetic far faster than today's youth, and apparently not just because phones will be whipped out at a moment's notice to use their calculator app or whatever it is.

Also bring back Dodgeball. That was so much fun. :D

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

My least favourite thing at school would have to be the people there. The teachers and the other classmates would always pick on me since I'm the quiet and extremely shy pony.

My favourite thing though, was art class. I really liked to draw back then.

• Brohoof 1

In highschool I loved band, and I hated homework. I guess much hasn't changed in college.

Living in a dorm is great though. I don't have any friends here, but it's a nice sense of community you don't get anywhere else.

Until someone sets off the fire alarm at 2 am.

My most favourite thing 

Weirdly enough my most favourite part of school was just chilling in class with my mates not having to worry about exams, jobs or money and maybe being able to watch films near the end of terms.

The thing I hate the most about school 

Is probably the chavs that walk around acting like they're better then everyone else who also tend to bully the people which seem weak to them, it would make going to school a chore and would drain the life from you apart from that having to wear uniforms was a pain, especially in the summer when it's hot, it would make sitting in a hot classroom unbearable, making it almost impossible to focus

For the most part, I disliked school but I did appreciate a few things here and there such as a few teachers and classes.

Crappy professors who needs to get a new hobby. 

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

My favourite thing about school would be the subjects which I enjoyed. Economics, Art, Graphics, IT. My least favourite thing would be the students who had too much of an ego to understand common courtesy.

My least favorite things about school were:

Teachers who were supposedly there to teach having no concept of what they should have been imparting to others. 

Constant bullying from the scum of the student body (while the teachers just idly stood by, rocking obliviously on their heels).

Homework. If all those teachers can't teach me in eight hours at school with all the resources at their disposal, they have no right sabotaging the rest of my day with additional work. 

Cramming useless facts that don't apply to life in any way and never will.

Too many hours, too many days, and too many years. And too much waking up early for it all.

My favorite things about school were: 

Leaving it behind forever.