Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Handwriting or Typing? Which do you prefer?

Moonlight

146 users have voted

1. 1. Hand-Writing or Typing?

• Typing
    • Hand-Writing

I like both, usually when I feel creative I feel better using handwriting but when I need to write like for an assignment then I choose typing. I would choose both, but since I have to choose one I'd say typing. Since I get so tired when writing but when typing.. I don't get that tired. 

aa-typing.gif

Basically me on the forum. I type a lot.  :catface:

• Brohoof 2

It kinda depends on the situation. When writing, I'm much faster and less prone to mistakes, but I've only run into, like, five people that can read it. The opposite is true of typing; it's readable, but much slower and mistakes are more plentiful. I find that I prefer writing, but I type when appropriate.

• Brohoof 1

For all assignments I do, I type. There is no option on that. I find typing is very nice for essays and assignments. However, for tests, I would much prefer handwriting because I have more concentration when I"m writing my answers. 

• Brohoof 1

Typing because I never have to use an eraser, I just press the delete button  B)   I can also type without losing what I wrote and I can easily make copies of it.  Also, word corrector. 

I've written maybe a paragraph's worth of things since I was out of school. It's just not something I do very often. I type everything, everywhere and for anything. I'm also a sorta fast typist so it's faster to type things out than to write it. Sitting at 80-90WPM I can type at least ten times as fast as I can write and that frustrates me even if I do enjoy the actual act of writing for randomly therapeutic reasons.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Years ago, I had honest to God pen pals. And we'd send handwritten letters to each other. Often encrusted with corny stickers. :D Those were the days. Sadly, I am no longer in touch with any of them.

Penmanship was stressed when I was in grade school. How much is cursive taught today? Just enough to write your own signature? Have typing classes largely taken the place of cursive training? I've always wondered about that.

Handwriting certainly has its charm, but, like it or not, typing is prevailing as it's much more efficient. 

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 2

If I'm writing something for school or work I prefer to type. But if I'm writing a story or something just for fun I like to use handwriting. It gives it more of a... Human feel? Haha I don't know it just looks better to me.

• Brohoof 1

Purrsonally, I'm a fan of typing more than I am of Hand-writing. My hand cramps a lot because of how much I used to write as a child. And you can write down more than you can when hand-writing, and faster too.

tumblr_m85c7zsiMG1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

• Brohoof 1

I can perfectly type 137 words per minute but I can't write a single word that's decipherable so you can probably guess what I voted for.

Hand-writing is so old-fashioned, plus paper gets lost and also decays, why not just save everything digitally? It's way easier and far more secure.

• Brohoof 1

I sorta go in phases. Sometimes I can only get my ideas out with a pen, and other times I crave the organization of a word processor. When I write stuff out by hand, it's extremely messy because I try to write things out as fast as I can think it. Typing, though, is really slow since I ponder everything I say.

Which is funny, I am normally much more impressed with what I write out by hand than when I type it. Maybe there's something to be said about writing fast enough to avoid any mental "filters" I might have.

• Brohoof 1

I gotta go with typing because... it hurts my fingers less. MUHARHAR... Personally I type a lot faster than I write as well so... it's more efficient.

Also... has anypony seen Snowdrop? ;) hahahahahaha

• Brohoof 1

Typing as it's a lot quicker and my handwriting is atrocious! I'm a lot less prone to making mistakes on a keyboard as well as it's much easier to erase those mistakes, rather than having to draw a line through anything I might have misspelled. As somebody who used to write at least 5 or so full English Literature essays a week I do not miss handwriting one little bit.

Unless I'm writing a letter, in which case I will most certainly write it. 

• Brohoof 1

I prefer typing by far. I can do it extremely quickly, and I can do it a lot without my hands getting very sore. Having to write by hand for extended periods of time usually makes my hands sore. Plus, it's a lot slower.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer typing for a few reasons.

1) I can type faster than I write meaning I get work done faster.

2) I'm prone to making stupid typos sometimes so it's nice to have something that can find and correct them.

3) My handwriting is terrible.

• Brohoof 2

I cannot stand hand-writing.

My penmanship is miserable, because I hardly have any practice. I've used the computer so much for so long, that my typing speed reaching 110+ words per minute in speed. It's so much more efficient that I don't even consider actually writing things down, any more.

This exactly. This is how I usually feel. Not only that, but writing eventually hurts my hands.

Typing doesn't. I'm used to typing. I started playing Runescape at age 9, played every day for the year after that. Got into forums. Got into other games. Typed. A lot. Watched anime. Typed about anime. Type... Type... Type... Type... Type...

Oh, and I dislike writing. Feels less efficient.

• Brohoof 2

I prefer handwriting. Not to brag, but I have a (almost) perfect motion for cursive writing (or running-writing, whatever). With handwriting, I feel more control, and emotion, *smokes weed*, so like, you know, I like it better than, like, typing.

• Brohoof 2

I came back to post something that was on my mind.

When I asked my friends this topic's same question a long time ago, it seemed that those who liked to draw and were pretty experienced with it liked to do handwriting, and those bad/inexperienced like myself liked to type.

Are there any people who like to draw?

• Brohoof 2

Typing is much better in every way, my hand-writing is so bad, it looks like a child's writing. If I make a mistake with writing, which I regularly do, I can't correct it unless I'm using pencil, with a keyboard, no problem, just delete it and do it again. I like to use proper spelling and grammar, so making a mistake in writing is just a pain. Typing is much more comfortable too, my wrist hurts after writing for a while.

• Brohoof 2

I came back to post something that was on my mind.

When I asked my friends this topic's same question a long time ago, it seemed that those who liked to draw and were pretty experienced with it liked to do handwriting, and those bad/inexperienced like myself liked to type.

Are there any people who like to draw?

I prefer typing and I like to draw a lot. My handwriting isn't bad either, with some people complimenting it. I guess it just depends. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I was born with the attention span of a frog, or something that doesn't have a long attention span, so whenever I attempt to write something by hand, it always turns out to be a slobbery mess.

Typing is much easier, and faster, anyway.

Edited by Skylar
  • Brohoof 2

I already sort of answered this in your diary thread, but I might as well repeat myself.
I prefer handwriting to typing by MILES.
There's something special about writing into your diary, as opposed to typing into your blog, and it's always exciting to get a letter in mail, no matter where, or who it's from.
Email is just sort of boring to me.

• Brohoof 1