Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Handwriting or Typing? Which do you prefer?

Moonlight

146 users have voted

1. 1. Hand-Writing or Typing?

• Typing
    • Hand-Writing

I type faster than I can write by hand and my handwriting is appalling. I prefer typing because I don't have to spend ages deciphering what I write when I read it back, also spell check is always nice.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I type more than i write because i'm an internet dweller and its what i do, but i do believe there is expressiveness in handwriting that can never be replicated by keyboard. Its possible to tell the mood of someone's writing just examining it. You can see if they were calm or agitated, happy or sad, casual or formal just by the way they wrote it out. Someone needs to invent a way to make writing online easy.

You know when you're angry and you punch the keys harder as if the other person could feel your anger? It still just looks like text. Imagine writing it out instead. Now they know you're angry :)

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1

I prefer typing over handwriting any day. I can type so much faster then handwriting. To add to that my handwriting is rather no so good compared to many. (Not its horrible or anything :/) Many times when I am forced to write something with my fingures I just wish I can type it instead.

• Brohoof 1

I like to type.

Why?

1) It's fast

2) It's simple

3) AutoCorrect helps out

4) My own handwriting is lackluster

5) I can make my text look as snazzy as I like

6) I don't get the cramps that handwriting long things gives me

• Brohoof 1

Typing so much more, seriously, my handwritting is so bad I've had some teachers ask me to identify what words I write are at times, its a bit more rare, but especially at the beginning of the year they don't understand my crappy handwriting and have to get use to it.

Well it doesn't happen that often anymore, since i've gotten more comprehensible, but its still really bad..

Typing on the other hand i can do super fast. Atleast compared with writing, and I don't have to worry about my crappy handwriting.

• Brohoof 1

Depends on why I'm writing.

If I'm doing an essay of some sorts or something non-fictional, I prefer to use handwriting. I don't know why. 

If I'm writing something fiction, I prefer to type. I like my fictional stuff to look nice, and my handwriting isn't the best in the world. Plus, I don't get tired as quickly considering my hand won't get sore from writing.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer typing to be honest. It's much quicker and easier than handwriting, and in my case much more readable. Plus your hands tire quicker when you write, you can go for hours with typing.

Typing for many reasons.  The main reason being that my handwriting looks like some form of ancient hieroglyphics.  Second, it's a lot faster, at least for me.  I type at around 85 words a minute, so I'm able to finish papers for college a lot faster, along with them looking much neater.  Third, my ideas just seem to flow much easier when I'm typing versus when I have to write something by hand. 

I prefer typing over handwriting because my handwriting is honestly quite sloppy. Typing up words is easier and neater than writing them out. Also, with typing I can notice when I make a mistake because of spell check. My sentences come out looking better and more refined than they do with my handwriting.

Typing is the winner for me. While I love writing, especially the feel of a good mechanical pencil, my writing ability is horrible because I'm expected to write notes very fast at the sacrifice of neatness and accuracy.

My cursive looks really nice when I'm given the chance to write down notes at a fair pace, however this is rarely the case. Typing provides both clarity and speed at the sacrifice of writing style and I usually need to take those important things over asthetics. Otherwise, you just get the classic doctor scribble.

I prefer typing.  Though when I'm writing lyrics or something I'll hand-write it.  Something about it helps me think more clearly.

Both. Both are good for different things. For instance, all of my class notes are in handwriting; besides being physics graduate student (so they often include diagrams or formulae that would be difficult or time consuming to reproduce on a computer), I don't generally carry a computer into class. On the other hand, all of my fiction, fan or otherwise, and everything related to that I type out, both because computer files are more conveniently edited than handwritten notebooks and because it allows easy access to research material.

I prefer handwriting. My actual penmanship is pretty terrible, but I'm able to scribble out words at an alarming pace. Plus, the physical act of writing really stimulates my mind and gets me thinking alot harder than I am typing. Chances are if I'm typing, I also have about 5 other tabs open in my internet browser all of which are filled with tasty and tempting things to distract me (which they usually do). While handwriting, it is all that I can do at the given moment and thus turns out alot better than typing.

I will always prefer typing over handwriting. I've written some letters to my pen pal and after a while my hand starts to hurt. I also don't have the best handwriting so typing makes it a lot easier. I'm on a computer about 70% of my time (work and free time) so it only makes sense.

tumblr_moy41mctN71sxrxoao1_500.gif

I prefer to write, as terrible as my scrawl is. It's simply more convenient, quicker (for me), and a lot more versatile, which in the end is what matters to me.  

I like typing, a whole lot, but writing just gives you that sort of sentimental feeling.  It's sort of euphoric to just be able to watch your hand fly across the paper, dancing around as the pen(cil) connects with the paper.  Making the lines that make letters, the letters that make words, the words that make sentences, the sentences that make paragraphs, the paragraphs that make pages, the pages that make books, the books that make dreams.  That thought alone just makes me want to pick up a pencil and write away.

Both are very useful, but as to which one I prefer, I'd say handwriting. I absolutely have to write things down, and I'm rather proud of the way I write. Besides, I can't type very fast....

I prefer typing. For one, when I type, you can actually read it, as opposed to writing. Second, if I misspell something, I can just fix it. Third, I actually enjoy typing, and fourth, I type faster than I write, although I do both pretty quickly.

Typing. My handwriting is looks too cartoonish like and I need to work on it better, but I never had a problem with typing since I was the faster typer in my typewriting class in middle school and I was able to learn where the keys are.

My handwriting sucks, you can't always read what I'm trying to write. So I prefer typing most times.

I think handwriting is more personal, so writing a letter or such I would be happier if it was handwritten, because then you can actually see that it's a person behind it. You can't really do that with typing. xD

Hmm... both? I guess typing since it's faster. I get in trouble cause I turn in handwritten stuff late but get lots of teacher praise in computer classes for being a fast typer. I have okay handwriting but I hold my pencil weird. People be like "why do you hold your pencil like that? how is it even possible?" I don't know. But it hurts cause I put lots of pressure on part of my ring finger so yeah :/ Having to use pencil grippers in kindergarten or whatever grade it was ruined my pencil holding. 

Typing, it's not as annoying as handwriting. I mess up A LOT in handwriting, while typing, I got used to typing and being on the computer, so basically, it's a breeze for me.