Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Handwriting or Typing? Which do you prefer?

Moonlight

146 users have voted

1. 1. Hand-Writing or Typing?

• Typing
    • Hand-Writing

I prefer typing. I cannot write neat and fast by hand.

I wonder what horn writing would be like...

full.jpg

And I'm sure mouth-writing would be very uncomfortable.

latest?cb=20140217180607

Edited by ILoveRara
  • Brohoof 4

I prefer the nice organic simplicity of writing by hand. It's more personal than a computer or typewriter and interesting handwriting can be fun to look at. It also affords the writer the option of changing things up between printing and cursive styles, or even shorthand if one is so-versed. Most keyboards I use have the keys too close together and I make a lot of typos as a result, which gets annoying when I have to keep going back to fix them. I guess I just prefer the old fashioned way of doing things. 

• Brohoof 1

There seems to be a distinct lack of stone tablet and chisel in the options. :-P

Seriously though, I prefer both handwriting and typing. Typing is useful for drafting stories quickly and you can go back and correct notes without having to dash or scribble lines through things to make adjustments or corrections. Keeps everything tidy. As for handwriting, I've always loved the personal touch of it. A hand written letter has more charm than a typed one I find. I always make sure to keep using the traditional pen and notepad to make sure that I never let my handwriting deteriorate.

I do both. I have no preference. It also depends on the situation. When I am at the university, I usually write with my hand (homework or notes from the lectures for example). But when I wrote a letter, a scientific report (from an excursion for example) or a message, I type them on my computer. The advantages for typing is that it is easier, that my hand hurts not with the time and everybody can read what I wrote (what is not common for me when I have to write really fast ... what I must do usually in the university). But the advantage for hand-writing is that I can write better and faster some mathematical, chemical or physical symbols and formulas and that I can make some sketches.

I prefer typing, mainly because it's a lot faster. It's also easier to go back and fix typos, legibility doesn't prove problematic like in handwriting, no need to try countless pens to find one that isn't dry – I can't think of any way I'd consider handwriting the better of the two.

• Brohoof 3

• 3 months later...

Both.

Depends on the purpose.

Typing : If I can get my hands on any gadget and I have time, at home, or in a safe place to use such as a private car, and I want to type and organize my thoughts neatly then yes.

Handwriting: If I can’t type and I need quick notes that doesn’t include wasting some seconds of just opening my phone and an app, and the danger of being robbed, plus if it’s only for noting messily.

It’s hard to say—I love the sound and feel of a pencil and I don’t think my handwriting’s that bad, but my hand gets tired really easily. I also like the sound of computer keys, but my eyes start to hurt if I stare at a screen too long. Hmm. I guess typing? *shrugs*