Zero

Handwriting or Typing? Which do you prefer?

145 members have voted

1. 1. Hand-Writing or Typing?

• Typing
    • Hand-Writing

(edited)

I prefer typing. I cannot write neat and fast by hand.

I wonder what horn writing would be like...

full.jpg

And I'm sure mouth-writing would be very uncomfortable.

latest?cb=20140217180607

Edited by ILoveRara

I prefer typing, as my handwriting has been overly messy for as long as I remember. 

While I like the feeling of writing with a nice pen, my wrists get tired easily and my handwriting has always been messy unless I write really slow. I prefer typing a lot more.

I prefer the nice organic simplicity of writing by hand. It's more personal than a computer or typewriter and interesting handwriting can be fun to look at. It also affords the writer the option of changing things up between printing and cursive styles, or even shorthand if one is so-versed. Most keyboards I use have the keys too close together and I make a lot of typos as a result, which gets annoying when I have to keep going back to fix them. I guess I just prefer the old fashioned way of doing things. 

There seems to be a distinct lack of stone tablet and chisel in the options. :-P

Seriously though, I prefer both handwriting and typing. Typing is useful for drafting stories quickly and you can go back and correct notes without having to dash or scribble lines through things to make adjustments or corrections. Keeps everything tidy. As for handwriting, I've always loved the personal touch of it. A hand written letter has more charm than a typed one I find. I always make sure to keep using the traditional pen and notepad to make sure that I never let my handwriting deteriorate.

I prefer typing. I feel like it is much easier.

Badges

I do both. I have no preference. It also depends on the situation. When I am at the university, I usually write with my hand (homework or notes from the lectures for example). But when I wrote a letter, a scientific report (from an excursion for example) or a message, I type them on my computer. The advantages for typing is that it is easier, that my hand hurts not with the time and everybody can read what I wrote (what is not common for me when I have to write really fast ... what I must do usually in the university). But the advantage for hand-writing is that I can write better and faster some mathematical, chemical or physical symbols and formulas and that I can make some sketches.

Badges

I prefer typing, mainly because it's a lot faster. It's also easier to go back and fix typos, legibility doesn't prove problematic like in handwriting, no need to try countless pens to find one that isn't dry – I can't think of any way I'd consider handwriting the better of the two.

Honestly I prefer typing cause it's quicker. 

Both.

Depends on the purpose.

Typing : If I can get my hands on any gadget and I have time, at home, or in a safe place to use such as a private car, and I want to type and organize my thoughts neatly then yes.

Handwriting: If I can’t type and I need quick notes that doesn’t include wasting some seconds of just opening my phone and an app, and the danger of being robbed, plus if it’s only for noting messily.

I almost always prefer typing. My handwriting is horrible and I get cramps in my hand after I write too much. Also it is much faster for me, because I can type pretty fast. :) 

Typing.  I type way faster than I write and I don't have to worry about me erasing and making a mess.  Even with a pencil lol  

Typing. If I make a mistake I don't have to scribble it out and I don't get hand cramps. 

I prefer typing, I have messy handwriting and making mistakes while typing is way easier to fix. I'm also faster at typing anyways.

It’s hard to say—I love the sound and feel of a pencil and I don’t think my handwriting’s that bad, but my hand gets tired really easily. I also like the sound of computer keys, but my eyes start to hurt if I stare at a screen too long. Hmm. I guess typing? *shrugs*

Badges

Typing. I cant handwrite well due to my disabilities .

Badges

Typing of course, my handwriting is utterly horrible and I despise writing things by hand.

Typing. Mostly because my hand writing is bad and I type far more frequently than I write. 

Typing because I hate reading handwriting unless it's readable. 

I always prefer typing but I will also sometimes hand write stuff like a draft for something.

I prefer typing, since it actually is readable for majority of the population that isn't me

Typing; it's faster, easier to correct when mistakes are made and makes what I write readable.

Badges

typing

my writing looks ugly lol