Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you still use a diary?

Moonlight

Well? They seem rather unpopular nowadays, so I was just wondering.

I used to use one until my mom found a way to open it, told my family my secrets, and they proceeded to laugh in my face....wasn't a good day.

So, how about you all? Still use one?

post-15132-0-25725700-1374306937.gif

• Brohoof 4

Over the years I've tried to keep multiple diaries, only to fail miserably. I could never keep up with them and when I did write in them, it was months apart. So, as of right now, I can happily say, no. Instead I just type up my feelings on my computer, only to delete it once I'm done so no one logs on and sees it.

On a side note; I love that you're making so many topics, and your username. :3

• Brohoof 1

Not anymore. When I was really young, about six or seven years old, I kept a diary. I wrote about myself. You know, personal feelings, stuff that happened, and things I wanted. I lost interest in the diary after a time and kept it in my closet for years. It wasn't until three years ago when I found and disposed of it. I think I stopped using it because having someone finding and reading all the info about my feelings and such got me a bit paranoid. Better safe than sorry, I say.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

On a side note; I love that you're making so many topics, and your username. :3

I second this.

Now, on to the topic at hand.

Yes, I do keep diaries. I prefer writing to typing, and I think more people ought to do it.

Journals have always been important to me. 

Each one contains a lot of thoughts, ideas, experiences, lyrics, poems, letters, and other stuff, and it's vital to me that these records of my teenage years survive in a tangible and physical form, so that I can one day share them with my kids.

P.S. 

Pic related.

(Letter to Spinefarm Records)

begging_is_pathetic__by_soy_un_perdedor-

Edited by Sickman
  • Brohoof 1

I wish I got into using a journal/diary. It seems like a fun way to show your progression of your life. I think it would be so cool to look at my diary in the future and look back at how everything happened the way it did, instead of forgetting all about your past. The thing is, I feel it's almost too late to start one now XD

• Brohoof 1

I don't have a diary to write down my every day activities no but I do keep a dream journal so I can remember my dreams to help me with lucid dreams :).  

• Brohoof 1

Yeah! Actually, I've kept one since I was seven or eight, and go through one every couple of months!

It's really fun. I have at least a dozen journals from just the last six or seven years!

• Brohoof 1

I never really used a diary. But I used a journal to occasionally write a few things down in but I never actually kept a diary.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I still keep a diary, although I call it a journal/notebook now, and I don't do the 'dear diary...' thing. I mainly use my journal for when I'm super pissed about something, when I'm going on a trip, or for recording dreams.

• Brohoof 1

I remember trying to keep a journal of everything I did every day, but it never lasted long. Plus, I was the type of person who lost stuff like that easily. To replace that, I like to talk to myself. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I used to use one until my mom found a way to open it, told my family my secrets, and they proceeded to laugh in my face....wasn't a good day.

That's... that's absolutely disgusting. I don't mean to offend your family, but wut?

Anyway, I do... kinda. I don't write in it religiously, just when I feel the need to. It's rarely for my deepest thoughts because I worry someone might read it, but I don't usually write my every-day activities in it either. I kind of use it when it feels right. I also keep some of my literary nonsense writing in it. 

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 1

I always write a diary while backpacking (trekking). Reading them at home after some months have passed, is the best way to learn and understand bit more about myself. Especially after a difficult one.

• Brohoof 1

Eh, I never really wrote in the Diary or Journal or whatever you wanna call it I had.

My mom actually gave me and my brother one, but I never wrote in it except like once or twice. I'm not one to throw in a new routine thing easy.

Plus honestly, idk I just never kept up with it, and I don't know how well writing things down would help me. Plus I never knew what to write in them anyways frankly.

I suppose it might've helped me when I was feeling lonely, and still today when I do, but then again I have people here who help to cheer me up when I'm feeling down, so for the most part I don't really need it, nor have the want to have one really.

• Brohoof 1

I never had a diary, although that seems like more of a girl thing, anyway. I never saw the need to write down my thoughts or anything into a journal. Plus if someone found my journal and read my personal stuff, that would really bother me probably.

• 6 years later...

I have never used a diary. I get why some people use them but I don’t want to go through the hassle of physically writing everything out. That can take awhile. I am someone who would rather talk out feelings than write them and store them away.

I do buy a journal but never write on it. I tend to type my thought and other written stuff on a word document. But mostly, I express my feeling through drawing. 

I love organization on what I should be doing at what time. I have multiple diary's

College schedule and comments of daily college life, what clubs I'm thinking of joining, how to be more productive during my gaps.

Dream diary. Experiences that have meant alot to me, helps me process emotions, things I'm curious about.

Creative planner. Straight up letters to my future self, short stories, poems or sketches. All titles are simply the date, the time and location. As I've lived in a few different spots when I glance back at them it's impressive the amount of recall I can get from what I wrote. Times in my life I had totally erased from important note are totally turned over again and recalled as fresh as when I wrote them.

Edited by streem26

I was told to keep a journal back in school and I wrote in it pretty consistently. Eventually, I guess I got lazy and I forgot about it. I have no idea where that thing ended up, but I sure hope that nobody has read it.

Edited by Cash In