Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever actually completed a game of Monopoly?

Moonlight

Well?

My friend and I played the Nightmare Before Christmas edition and I kept getting the "snake eats your presents" card multiple times....I flipped the board into the air.

The regular version...still nothing.

Most people set it up and then don't feel like playing, or something angers them and they quit. 

Well? How about you all? Ever finished a match?

post-15132-0-80767000-1374347009.gif

• Brohoof 6

Yep! It's easier if it's just two people playing. The trick I find is to go for the yellows or reds. The more expensive ones are attractive but also more expensive to build on. I totally bankrupt my friend last time I played.

• Brohoof 1

Actually yes. I have actually won a few matches when playing with my family, you know when I was younger and they would actually play Monopoly... It was a good 3 or so hours spent. I've also lost a few games. However that was a long time ago and now no one even plays it anymore.

• Brohoof 1

Oh yes, tons of times. In fact I played it again a month ago with my brother and my friend. And like always i won. It has to be my favorite board game of all time!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yes, but the matches always last forever. We end up playing the game all the way through the night. I always warn whoever's playing along with me that I want to finish the game if we start it, so they should be prepared to stay up and be dedicated to playing the game if they want to play it along with me. 

That or we can play Fortune Street, which is Monopoly enough for me and doesn't take as long to finish. You can also save the game, so it's no big deal if everyone wants to take a break.

Edited by MuteMutt
  • Brohoof 1

I've never completed a game of Monopoly in my life. One reason is I just don't have the patience to wait the amount of hours it takes rolling the dice and moving the player markers, and the other reason is I always get taken out of the game within the first hour and a half. Let's just say Monopoly isn't my forte XD

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, a few times. One time that sticks out in my memory was when I stayed in a cabin with a close friend and his family. We played games to pass the time, and monopoly was one of the games we played. It took a while, but we managed to finish the game.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really like Monopoly, or at least don't actively like it, but yes, I have completed a game of Monopoly, however exhausting and excruciating playing a five hour long game is. :P

• Brohoof 2

Ive only really completed 1v1s with my brother, but I have also played a few epic 4 hour long games between 5/6 people that where really close and really exciting for most of it :).

With family and certain ragey friends we just never get anywhere near to finishing! (It does get quite funny sometimes watching them get mad and flip tables :P )

• Brohoof 1

My friends and take board games seriously. We don't start what we don't plan to finish. We've completed 6 player games of Risk. Get on my level.

Anyway, yeah, I've finished a fair number of Monopoly games. Won my fair share, too :)

• Brohoof 2

Does the PC Monopoly count? If so, then yes. I usually won against the computers mainly because of luck. It was a fun experience, but I really want to play the board game version. I have the board game and all the pieces, but no friends to play with.

• Brohoof 2

I have played this game many times before as a teen.

To this day, my friends are morons when it comes to playing this game...

I tell them to play it the way it was supposed to be played, but they play it their way...

I do plan on collecting the MLP FIM and sonic the hedgehog monopoly boards, I'm a collector. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yeah, as a kid with my Dad.

Funny story, "Monoply Jr."(it's a combo between making the game more realistic and easier for kids) is actually more complicated and difficult than the regular game from what I remember. When we got it my Dad ended up tossing it back in the closet and getting the regular game back out because we couldn't figure out the new game rules. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

I've played the regular version and then the pokemon version. I'm always that person who really wants to play and is all excited, but then when the game starts dragging on an on, I get pissed and I want to quit but my family never lets me. D:<

I was playing the pokemon one with my brother and I was winning but then I lost and I got all mad and my brother started laughing at me and singing this song that went "I am a winner, you are a loser. LOSER!!" And it went to the theme of this song from pokemon...But anyway I got really mad and screamed at him and started crying. -.-

• Brohoof 1

YES. I don't know how many times. It's pretty much the only board game I'll play. 

*I maY win almost every time*

I own most of the versions too, Star Wars, Horse, Cat, Dog, Children's, Traditional, LPS

I might have some others but I'm not sure.

• Brohoof 1

Funny story actually.

One of my older brothers (who lives in Oregon so we don't see him often) saw that my younger brother, myself, and our nephew were playing Monopoly and said he was the undefeated King of Monopoly.

So my brother and I challenged him to a match.

My younger brother quit halfway through cause he knew he wasn't going to win and wanted me to have a chance to win.

I managed to make my older brother go bankrupt, ultimately winning the game. XD

He went outside to the patio (where our mom and his wife was) and I followed him, poking my head out and declaring "Are you sulking since I dethroned you?" XDDD

Yeah, I've completed most of the Monopoly games I've started, and most last for a few hours. I usually annoy people when I say they can't quit and must continue the game until it's over.

Actually yeah, me and my family played, it took a while with the 4 of us, but I mean we had alot of freetime when we did this, and we played alot of monopoly(Didn't finish alot but some).

We played with like 6 people one time where we had this day at school we did like literally nothing, we had like 2-3 hours of free time to play monopoly.

Technically we had a winner, but we never totally finished, it was more or less over though.

(edited)

I have, several times. A friend of mine went through a phase a year or two ago where he wanted to play Monopoly like, constantly. So, he'd invite me and a few other of our friends over on a somewhat regular basis to play Monopoly together. I also used to play it at my grandma's apartment sometimes.

Edited by SCS

Yes, as a matter of fact, I have! We have the New England Patriots and Pokémon and plain old regular editions. We're big Monopoly players in our house, although I usually always lose. The idea of "not buying the really expensive places because they're expensive to build on" thing doesn't occur to me until I have ten bucks left...

I've finished loads of games of monopoly, people don't tend to play with me often though because i always win, literally, I've won every game I've ever played. Last time I played was against my mum and her boyfriend, the game lasted around 4 hours, by the end I owned every property on the board and held nearly all the money from the bank :D