Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever actually completed a game of Monopoly?

Moonlight

I almost always finish the game. I have a very competitive family, and those games get brutal. I haven't played Monopoly in ages though, it's hard to go back once you've tasted what all's out there in the board game world. :P

• Brohoof 2

• 7 months later...

I've never actually even started a game of Monopoly – weird, I know. :laugh: I think I found the idea of the game boring as a kid, and after that, I haven't even been in a situation where anyone was playing it.

If I was to play it, I think I'd like to complete it – I usually find it annoying to stop playing a game before it ends (unless the game is something I don't enjoy in the least).

• Brohoof 3

I prefer house ruled monopoly. Maybe I'm biased because that's how I grew up with it, but it does seem to make it flow better. I play where Free Parking gives you money, but not all the money paid from taxes, insurances, chance cards, etc. is out in the middle for Free Parking. It's been too long for me to remember what money goes there and what doesn't, but, you know, it's a house rule, find something that works and keep it consistent. I also play with trading; the game is way too long and tedious without it and a good deal more cutthroat with it. ;)

13 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

Who has actually played Monopoly following all the rules instead of making up your own?

I have actually, and I have even won a few matches! The secret is just to like the game, if you enjoy it then time will fly away.

• Brohoof 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
(edited)

Never finished a game in real life but have completed games against CPU opponents in the Monopoly game on the PS3 which I kind of only bought because it had an MLP DLC board :D

Games didn't take as long as real life on there.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud

• 4 months later...

No. I keep trying to get my partner to play, but they think the game goes on forever. Like, why did you buy it then??

Honestly if you follow all the rules, the game is over in a couple hours.

• 2 years later...

I've never finished a game of Monopoly. It's definitely a game that needs everyone to be dedicated all the way through unlike other games that can be done much quicker, like Uno.

I could probably play the whole game myself though. That would be interesting :pip-err: