Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever woken up crying before?

Moonlight

66 users have voted

1. 1. Ever Woken Up Crying Before?

• Yes
    • No

I managed to do so earlier, so I was wondering if the most of you has done it before. If it was a nightmare, you could share it if you like. If not, was there any other reason?

(I promise not to post as many threads as last night, it must be getting annoying.  :huh: )

post-15132-0-29511300-1374347263.gif

• Brohoof 4

Don't be silly. Your threads are awesome!

And yeah I have. I don't get many nightmares but when I do they usually involve someone dying or a pet that has died coming back to life and I wake up and cry because I remember they are actually dead. I get this most often with my old cat Brandy. She was my sister even if she was a cat. I still miss her terribly. 

• Brohoof 2

My last nightmare was years and years ago, and it involved me falling off a building. When I woke up with a jolt, my eyes felt really wet but I wasn't full out crying. 

Now days, I cry when I wake up 'cause I yawn. Who knew yawning makes you cry?

• Brohoof 2

I think I have, I was going to say "no" but I just remembered that I have. It's always when I have a sad dream and I think back on it or I'm still thinking about it when I wake up. So sad dreams, always work.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Many times.  The most recent one was from a dream of my older brother.  He died 7 years ago. 

In the dream was really more of a memory.  He and I were sitting in front of the TV, I was playing Zelda on our N64.  The boss came and I got scared.  So, being the amazing brother that he was, my older brother paused the game and reached to give me a hug.  I then woke up.

Edited by Red
  • Brohoof 6

No, seriously, never. I don't think it's because I'm just generally tough and epic, but because I don't have nightmares very often - but when I do, they're pretty scary.

I have woken up sweating before, though.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Yup-er-oonie! I've woken up crying on multiple occasions - from nightmares to break ups - it really sucks. But what REAAALLLYYY sucks is when you don't know why you're crying but you can't stop!

tumblr_inline_mq474phoZI1s4hi7b.png

Edited by Rainbow Dashin'
  • Brohoof 3

There was one nightmare, where I fell off a building and when I got up to look at where I was.. I saw my parents shot dead by an unknown assailant. It haunted me until, I woke up crying.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Yes, but only one time. I had this dream that was really really depressing and it felt really real. Basically, in the dream, I had a girlfriend and I went over to visit her, but when I got there, I saw her jump off the balcony to commit suicide I guess, and I caught her as she fell, but still I wasn't able to save her, and as she died in my arms, she whispered "I'm sorry..."

I started sobbing, and then I woke up, and I was actually sobbing...I will never forget that dream...it was horrible...

Edited by Champion RD92
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Yes! A lot of the times was from nightmares i kept having and i still have them up to this day!

The nightmare was me falling off a skyscraper,i would awake right  before i hit the ground,and would be so scared 

i would be crying!

Also,more times was when i kept having this dream that i was back in New york and everything was the way it was

before,but then something would go terribly wrong,and i would wake up crying from that!

But that's all! 

Yes, but only one time. I had this dream that was really really depressing and it felt really real. Basically, in the dream, I had a girlfriend and I went over to visit her, but when I got there, I saw her jump off the balcony to commit suicide I guess, and I caught her as she fell, but still I wasn't able to save her, and as she died in my arms, she whispered "I'm sorry..."

I started sobbing, and then I woke up, and I was actually sobbing...I will never forget that dream...it was horrible...

Wow! That post made me cry! I'm sorry you dreamed that!  :(

Edited by Sir Lancelot
  • Brohoof 1

Yes I have, but I wouldn't call the dream a nightmare...More like a horrible drama/tragedy.

(Italics are dream speech xD)

I was in the train tunnels (the subway?) with this guy, and I was wearing this flowing white dress. (I was also barefoot). Anyway I think we were lovers or something and we were running away from some people so we ran into the subway, but then we got hit by a train and we had to go to the hospital, and I woke up and I was all sad, cause who was that guy. T.T

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

When I have a horrible nightmare, I'll wake up crying. Lucky for me, I don't have those kind of nightmares as often as I used to. I remember this one nightmare that really got to me and still does at times. It was about me losing my brothers and being all alone in the world. It scares me because it is sort of true. I did lose my brothers (not by death) and I am all alone in this world. It's scary how that nightmare pretty much described me now and in the future.

Edited by SmartyPants
  • Brohoof 3

If crying in your sleep counts, then yes. If not, then no. I've cried in my sleep before because I was struggling to get over the fact that I was turned down so swiftly like dust by my previous crush. It hurt for a few days before I finally got over it. 

Actually, now that I think about it, I HAVE cried after a nightmare. This was when I was having a fever. I dreamed that I was really small and on a chess board. My parents were pieces of crap and were shooting pieces of crap at each other. I tried telling my parents to stop, but they just didn't. Then I woke up crying a river. 

• Brohoof 2

Ok first of all, your threads are FARRRR from annoying. Seriously i love them. they're all great well thought out questions. And I enjoy having something to discuss or talk about or whatever. So don't worry about it :D.

Anyways second of all.. According to the poll so far i'm the only one who hasn't.. I feel weird now xD. 

ok so heres the reason I assume. First of all, despite the fact I am totally ok with people crying and showing emotions, and actually wish I could show more myself, I honestly hardly ever cry. I think I might cry like 3 times a hear, depending on what happens that year. Possibly more possibly less.

None of those times have ever been during me waking up.

I don't know why, I suppose I just don't have a whole lot of really vivid dreams or nightmares, and coupled with the fact I don't cry often I just never have.

Although I also don't dream often either so idk.

I guess I am kinda weird xD. Oh well hehe.

I sorta wish I cried more often though, it feels good to let all the tension out, but no matter what I can't honestly. I'm more of a person who keeps it inward and makes myself go angry or depressed or something more likely, but I don't ever really cry over anything. Even when I want to.

It takes quite alot to make me cry for sure, not that i'm proud of it like i said, its just how I am. Its more the opposite really as I wish I cried more.

• Brohoof 2

I have once, and once woken up crying...

It was after learning that my friend performed suicide at got himself brutally injured.

He was a close friend of mine that I consider as a cousin.

It was only two tears when I woke up, I rarely cry.

Now, I'm glad he's ok and living.

• Brohoof 1

Don't worry about posting too many topics I think it's great that you are :)

To answer your question yeah I think I vaguely recall waking up from a dream crying and it's pretty normal to as well because a lot of emotional stuff happens in the dream state.   

• Brohoof 1

I remember when I was little, I had this MAJOR fear of tarantulas. So I'm sure I woke up crying about a dream of them. I'm sure there were other nightmares that I just can't remember right now.

• Brohoof 1

I was always wake up like I'm drugged or something, with no idea who I am, where I am and no recollection of my past memories. So yea, I never wake up crying, just drowsy :S

• Brohoof 1

I can't remember if I've ever woken up crying before. I may have, at least once, but I'm not quite sure. I remember waking up in a panic not too long ago. I don't remember what the dream was, but whatever it was had me extremely distressed. I don't have nightmares that often - when I do, they can be pretty bad, but usually I don't feel that distressed when I wake up. 

Sometimes I'll go through periods where I'll have nightmares frequently. I remember there was a time during 10th grade where I had a nightmare every night for at least a week. Then, they just stopped. I felt scared when I woke up, but I wasn't stressed out to the point of crying.

I do remember waking up crying once but I forget what I was dreaming about it was so long ago...I think it was when I dreamt my grandmother crossing over... :huh:  maybe....

Yes, I've actually have. When I was young the reason was nightmares about a certain Samean doll that always hunted me down in my dreams... or completely surprised me.

But there's a much more recent one, a weird one too. I remember I once woke up and I felt tears on my cheeks. I didn't jump up or anything and I hadn't been moving in my sleep. I actually have no idea why I had been crying then. I guess I just saw a very sad dream, but it wasn't a nightmare.

I dont remember EVER having a dream. Neither do i remember, that i have ever woke up crying. Sometimes i wonder, what dreams are like. Maybe i have them, but never remember them. Oh well :D