Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever woken up crying before?

Moonlight

66 users have voted

1. 1. Ever Woken Up Crying Before?

• Yes
    • No

I've woken up and started crying right after but I don't really recall ever waking up crying. Probably when I was a kid and afraid of nightmares or something but I don't remember.

..I have woken up panicking though.

I've never woken up crying, or cried after having a dream or nightmare. I sometimes have woken up afraid or shocked from nightmares. Whether they were genuinely scary or a painful memory. I just shake it off and go back to sleep, though often without success.

I vaguely remember that I had a dream where my father died, after that I woke up and started to cry. i cannot remember my dreams. I used to have dreams everyday .

Edited by King George

Nightmare's??? Nightmare's??? I have not had a nightmare for years But i don't think i ever woken up crying before But i could of just forgot

Edited by Codelyoko373

I haven't woke up crying as far as I can recall, but this sort of represents how I feel when I wake up:

It's 5:00 in the morning. He turns over and fumbles in the dark for the Samsung that won't quit ringing. It doesn't matter that the alarm was set. He's been awake all night anyway. The daily grind of life has worn him down to a nub, and he's beginning to lose his spark. But he rises anyway, knowing that having nothing to lose only means having everything to gain.

But he doesn't care. Slowly and tiredly, he rises. Abandoned by the caress of sleep, his mind is frazzled. It feels like he's got the weight of the world on his shoulders. For the last three weeks he's done nothing but work. And between work and school, he hasn't seen any of his friends in weeks. He hasn't even left the house, except to go to work and to go to school. And he starts to wonder why he is where he is?

He takes a look in the mirror. A boy who was once full of life is turning into a young man who needs something he feels he'll never find. His hair is a mess. He hasn't showered or brushed his teeth in days and the bags under his eyes tell a tale of weariness. He knows he's caught within the doldrums. Nearly all the wind has departed from this one's sails. The worst part is he knows he's the only one on his ship, and if that ship is going to go anywhere, he's going to have to grab a paddle and row it himself. 

He works tirelessly. He'll break his back and he'll break his mind. But despite knowing he's not going too far too soon, he's too determined to allow his spirit to be broken. So he works. Knowing it won't be soon until he gets away from this tiring kind of life, he works anyway. He paddles his ship by himself toward windier seas. One day, he knows that he'll make it there and there will be wind once again.

This lad has had it tough before. But he won't shed any tears. He's too tough for that. Looking back in the mirror, he looks past his own filth and sees something better. He strives to be something better. School and work are the only things getting in the way of him having the life that, at one point, he never thought he could have. And he knows that's why he's where he is. So he continues to suffer now, knowing that it'll be better in the future. 

I quite often do, not so much now but I used to have alot of dreams about my mother (who passed away 2 years ago) I had some terrible nights since then... :( 

Apart from that I quite often have very lucid / vivid dreams some really amazing ones some bad ones, so yeah in answer to your question yeah I do, quite alot = /

yes i have, waking up and realizing you have to travel 5 miles to get to college can make even the toughest of men cry :'(
i really wish i hadn't woke up today

(edit)

i do remember years ago having a nightmare about aliens then waking up crying i think it was my first nightmare.

Edited by a jewel of rarity

• 5 years later...

Well, it's great to know I'm not the only one. Many times I would have woken up crying at night because of my bad and deeply sorrowful dreams. I have had a lot of traumatizing experiences in the past, and it has really affected me emotionally so much to the point which I mostly dream about it every night. I always find it extremely hard to sleep when this happens, and even though I take lots of medications to help me stop thinking about the bad things, I just can't forget some things, and it still haunts me to this day.

I've woken up from very sad, devastating dreams before, with tears in my eyes. One time I was almost in hysterics crying, cause what happened in the dream had me so upset. Thankfully those kinds of dreams are quite rare. 

I've had very sad and upsetting dreams but I never seem to vent my emotions through crying. I sometimes jolt upright out of sleep, or yell out (which is also rare for me), but I don't recall ever waking up in tears and I hope I never do.

I have laughed myself awake a couple of times, but I only offer that as a point of information; I don't mean to make light of anyone's sadness here. 

I remember that I used to a lot as a kid growing up. I don't remember why though.

I don't anymore. In fact, I hardly dream anymore. Usually I'll snap out of sad or scary dreams in the middle of the night (sometimes with a jolt), but no tears.

Plenty of tears before going to sleep though.

57 minutes ago, Venomous said:

Crying? No, but I have woken up in the midst of a panic attack many times. It is a terrible feeling.

I had a couple last summer and one this winter. I at least now know it's a panic attack from my anxiety.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a dream where I moved out to somewhere across the country. When I came back home for a visit my brother told me my parents were dead. I woke up with my neck wet because I was just sobbing. I had never cried that much before. It took an hour to calm down before I could go back to sleep. I had woken up at like 3 in the morning. 

One of my worst experiences in my life was my brother bullying me in middle school. I defended myself and accused him to my mom once we got home. She got pissed, but grounded me as well. In my messy room because there was some renovation or something, with only a pitiful stress pillow I could use. I was so angry being the victim and getting to pay for a bad behavior broke me, my hope for life, my hope for my rights, and I think that began my eventual disdain for my family. I got exhausted and slept. I had a nightmare, a strange one, but I could tell I was in the middle of indescribable things mocking me, tormenting me, kill me later, all for their own amusement. Woke up tearing up. That’s one of my worst days in my life, and possibly the start of a decade of misery  :sunny:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Don't think I've ever woke up crying but think I did tear up slightly after I woke up from a particularly disturbing nightmare last year, mostly from the relief it wasn't real. Can't even remember what happened in it now only that it scared me me pretty bad.