Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Deceptive duality RP

Starstream

Dark heard explosions from the edge of the forest. His dark horn glowed in black aura as he neared the source of the sound. He stepped out of the woods to see several ponies who all looked starved. 

"Who are you and what are you doing so close to the Forest?" Dark him self was a little starved as well, but no where near the level of these other ponies.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I...had some food in my pack...but..." She pointed at the small crater where her pack used to be.

Nuclear slowly walked over and was about to take the food before she heard another voice making her flinch. She dropped the food and turned around, her horn glowing yellow, ready to make another explosion to aid in an escape.

'In the name Trottenheimer, can't I have something nice happen?!' she thought, biting her lip as she tried keeping herself standing.

Kingfishers head snapped around in surprise: paranoia kicking in before fading almost as suddenly.

"Cannons?" She wondered aloud. "No, not cannons, no sound of the shot hitting anything. What then?"

She squinted into the darkness - it had appeared to have come from the forest outside of town somewhere: quite far out if the volume was anything to go by - she probably wouldn't have given it a second thought if she were anypony else.

"Huh, no sign of anypony sane enough to tell me what's going on anyway." She huffed as she started to make her way in the direction of the sound.

It wasn't like she had any other kind of plan anyway.

"I asked nicely. Don't point your horn or magic at me" Dark growled at the mare. Seeing her horn glowing with magic.

"Answer my question. I won't repeat myself" -As far as Dark cared Everypony was an enemy- Yet Dark wasn't going to attack them unless they attacked first.

Star moved between Dark and Nuclear. "Jeez, calm your flanks, everypony!" She turned to Nuclear. "You, stop doing that. We are not going to hurt you, but at this rate you're drawing too much attention. You don't want somepony to show up who will hurt you, do you?" After that she turned to Dark. "And as for your question, we're only here because we're on our way somewhere, we're not interested in the forest..." She paused for a few seconds and squinted her eyes at him. "That is of course, unless the forest has something to do with what's been going on and you're trying to hide something."

It looked like some kind of conflict: some unicorns locking horns over... something or other. Kingfisher watched from the shadows: her coat acting as surprisingly good camouflage among the greens and yellows of the dying leaves and foliage.

If Red was here he would do something ridiculously over the top: refuge in audacity he called it. Kingfisher preferred efficiency to image though: she watched to try and assess how much of a threat these may be. At the very least they didn't seem as broken as those back in town.

One was trying to act as a mediator: it was a bold effort, standing between them like that. Stupid, dangerous, but bold. She smirked a little: the pony had guts.

Edited by Cinderscribe

"Ah the forest has nothing to do with what has happened, but the animals of the forest are growing bold and actually are exploring pasted the limits of the forest" Dark let go of his magic.

"I am Regal, but I would prefer you call me Dark. May I ask where you are heading to?" Dark was interested in these ponies.

Soulfire was a bit nervous, especially with the odd appearance of the pony called 'Dark'. "I'm Soulfire, and this is Starstream. We were flying back to Ponyville. We stopped because I saw her-" He motions to the grey-and-yellow pony, "-lying on the ground. I went to check if she was okay, but we seem to have startled her."

Thankfully, it seemed like everypony was starting to calm down. "Where were you guys headed?" He asked Dark and the grey pony.

Edited by Fluttering High

Now seemed like as good a time as any - the last pony in the group, the one looking the most nervous at that, seemed to be taking control of the situation. Pretty well actually.

"Ponyville's a mess. Folks on the street lootin', stealin'... pretty sure a few were ready to go for me before they rethought their outlook on life."

Kingfisher pushed through the foliage: this was Red's sort of thing, not hers. What made her think that she could pull this off? She was the muscle, the speed, the efficiency. He was the charismatic one...

"Okay, okay, I get it, you're all very dangerous. I'm not here to rob you so don't waste your breath with the whole 'death threat' things." She said before the inevitable reaction of hostility that she assumed would follow.

Nuclear calmed down and took a deep breath, letting her magic fade.

She looked at Dark, his presence slightly unnerving her but she didn't know why.

"Name's Nuclear Neurotic. I'm from Manehattan.." she muttered before turning to where Kingfisher appeared from.

"I just wanted to get away from Manehattan..." She sighed. "I thought it'd be safer away from the big cities. It seems it's not.."

"Ponyville's a mess." Those very words sent shivers running across Star's spine. Despite her efforts the ponies she knew and cared about had disappeared, and despite their efforts together, to keep the town, well... normal..., despite everything they had done the town had broken down anyway. She stared off into the distance, in the direction of her home village.

Suddenly, a loud explosion boomed, seemingly from everywhere at once. Her head snapped to face Nuclear, giving her a dissatisfied frown.

Soulfire frowned. He could see that it wasn't Nuclear, her horn hadn't glowed before or after the explosion. He had heard the explosion like everybody else, but still couldn't see its source. Then his eyes widened. "Ponyville is on fire!" He yelled. The black smoke, unseen while they were in the woods, had just billowed high enough to be visible to everypony there.

"Come on!", he yelled, "We need to go help them!" Soulfire hovered anxiously, waiting to see if the others were coming.

Edited by Fluttering High

"Didn't you hear me? Fire, famine, fighting... Ponyville was gone before whatever that was."

Kingfisher rolled her eyes.

"Here's a better idea that doesn't involve us suffering pointlessly, lets find somewhere safe to lay low until I can get my ship repaired. Then we go someplace warm and live happily ever after."

Red might have convinced them, but she knew that they weren't going to accept: it didn't just sound cold, it sounded downright heartless. They were going to gallop right into the fire and, since they were the first ponies she had found that still seemed capable of coherent speech, she could tell that she was going to end up following them...

Dark smiled and let out a wicked laughter.

"I love the smell of burning pony flesh" His eyes grew a dark red. Then they faded back to pink.

"I'll follow you to Ponyville. Please just if my eyes grow red again, just let me rant. It's better that way" Dark hated it when he lost control of his mind, even if it was only for a second.

Star shook her head. "I'm sorry, I can't do that. That village is where Iive. I can't just abandon it so easily. My family and friends are there." She dropped her saddlebag that still held a few food packs. "I'm going to check on my home. I can understand if you don't come along, but I have to see it with my own eyes."

Without waiting for a response she spread her wings and took off.

@@Snowy Storm,

'Okay... That wasn't suspicious or slightly unnerving in any way.'

Kingfisher edged away from the unicorn, keeping him in the corner of her sight: she had a pretty good idea where she should look for trouble, should any arise.

@@Starstream,

Rolling her eyes again, she followed the pegasus into the forest. She dedn't even know where any of her old contacts might be: let alone if they would talk to her on her own and she couldn't rebuild the boat without help before supplies ran out anyway. She knew this would happen - she was stuck with them.
"You shouldn't walk off on your own." She grunted as she pulled up alongside her. "Still a suicidal idea though."

Edited by Cinderscribe

"Hey, you can't just go in to the forest like that" Dark said following the ponies.

"This is my home and the creatures here aren't as friendly as before. It would be better to find a way around the forest, At least for you ponies"

As Much as Dark disliked other from entering his part of the forest he let it be. The Timberwolves and alike would likely be hunting them if the move to close to the deeper side of the woods.

Nuclear was confused as she followed the group of ponies. She looked over at Dark.

He seemed slightly off to her, kind of making her feel uncomfortable.

But there was safety in numbers and she was glad for that.

"Um...does anyone have food?" she asked, biting her lip.

As the gray unicorn voiced her question, Kingfisher look about at her: Food? Of course she did. Barely enough to last a single pony but a few days on the road. She wasn't exactly going to go giving to to strangers was she?

She looked famished...

'Useful. She seems useful.'  Kingfisher corrected her thoughts angrily. 'She was the one who was facing down the crazy one: she's probably the one who would be best kept alive as long as possible.'

She grunted and thrust a hoof into her saddlebag, throwing an apple in the general direction of the mare. "Don't get used to it." She muttered.

@,

Nuclear hungrily grabbed the apple off the ground and devoured it, looking at Kingfisher with grateful eyes as she swallowed the fruit.

"Thank you..." she replied, wiping her mouth before giving a genuine smile. 

'I haven't smiled in a while....it feels good to smile again...'

Dark was about to give the mare some of his food. -Food isn't that hard to come by- He thought to himself, and so he though until he saw the apple.

"Oh that is why you're so starved!" Dark seem a little surprised.

"I've been so used to eating meat I forgot ponies only eat fruits and that sort" he said almost laughing. As he smiled his sharpened teeth showed. He brushed his hoof through his mane.

"Don't Judge me. I do what I need to survive"

@

"That reminds me. I am Dark. I don't think you said you name before"

Edited by Snowy Storm

She felt a little better after eating the apple. It wasn't much but it was something.

@@Snowy Storm,

"You eat meat???" asked Nuclear, raising an eyebrow curiously before shrugging. 

"If that's what you eat that's fine." she replied, giving him a smile.

'It's still a bit odd though.'

@[Nuclear Neurotic],

"Don't mention it." Kingfisher said simply, meaning exactly what she said. She was already starting to regret her decision: she was getting weak willed: thats what led to mistakes, injuries, ponies getting killed.

@@Snowy Storm,

"No, I didn't." She said: she had already opened her mouth too much to this group she barley knew. "It's Kingfisher."

Edited by Cinderscribe

Dark turned to face the gray mane

"Yes and Pony meat is the best" He said with closing his eyes and smiling.

"I'm kidding, I've never tried pony meat, but i might get the chance to later if I travel with all of you. Surely one of you is bound to end up like the others" This time he said it without his smug smile

"Kingfisher. what's a fisher pony doing so far from the ocean?"

Edited by Snowy Storm