Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do some bronies seem to hate Princess Celestia?

Moonlight

What I mean is, Celestia is the "tyrant", the "Molestia", and the troll. And people seem to hate her for sending her younger sister to the moon, why? Luna was the one who turned evil which means Celestia would have to act, and act fast. And people are complaining about Celestia making Luna apologize for trying to bring eternal night; what's the problem? Of course Luna would need to apologize, it's her fault not Celestia's. As someone who thinks Celestia is best princess and that Luna is worst princess...I'm a bit biased. I don't despise Luna or anything, I just like the others better. The New Lunar Republic stuff is odd as well; Celestia isn't a tyrant. It would be interesting to see something like that in a future episode, but since it's not in an already aired episode..no. Sure, Celestia isn't extremely strong proven by the Canterlot Wedding episode, but she has flaws, and isn't a Mary Sue...none of the characters are.

Why do you, or other bronies seem to hate Celestia? Respect my opinion and I'll respect yours.

post-15132-0-77060400-1374436949.gif

• Brohoof 17

i don't think most hate her, I think most of those things are just jokes, and stuff made up for the heck of it, and for fun.

I personally don't hate her, shes still enjoyable and has her moments and stuff, and shes designed cool, I just prefer Luna's Colors scheme and character personally.

Both are good characters though.

Also Celestia's singing is awesome.

The new lunar republic and Solar empire and all that is just kinda a joke really. for fun, its not from any actual hate I don't think.

Besides, Celestia eats cake, how can you hate the cake eater :P.

• Brohoof 18

(edited)

Wooaah there, Princess Celestia is amazing! Any complaints about here were probably just jokes or that odd person different from the group. Princess Celestia is and always will be dear to Bronies everywhere. Everyone would hate if she were to leave the show, which means they care.

Edited by Golden Everfree
  • Brohoof 2

Hate Celestia? Parody is the sincerest form of flattery.

From the way this post is worded it seems you want a validation of your opinion that Celestia is the better princess. Hipster. 

• Brohoof 4

bcuz shes stoopid an fat lel

But in all honesty, I dislike all three princesses (I don't count Twilight because I don't support Twilicorn, even though I have yet to see the latter half of S3; I go based on principle).

Celestia is (in my eyes) just as bad Luna because (for lack of a better term) she's lazy. She knows so much but divulges so little. I understand you want them to learn, but you're the ruling party, and you need to do some work. :c

Also, not enough time in the show to get to know her well. I don't mind her but she's just boring. And what she did to Luna was kind of uncalled for. A thousand years? Bit much, really. XD

I'm not a big fan of her design, either; though she is kinda cool looking she hurts to look at, LOL. Too much pale.

• Brohoof 3

I'm pretty sure the Molestia thing is just for fun. You know, "fun". If I had to describe it, I'd go with overshadowed instead of hate.

Take a look at the cast of characters again. We have the main six who are all fleshed out characters in their own right as well as other characters who capture the imagination such as Zecora and Princess Luna. Since Princess Celestia's character seems pretty straight forward to most or perhaps subtle to some (she's a lot smarter than she lets on, isn't she?), it pretty much sets her up for getting overlooked in the show.

Oh and you forgot about Momlestia :3

• Brohoof 1

@@Zygen

Just kind of odd how she seems to have the most jokes circled around her than any other character is what I meant. And most of which aren't positive. :P

@

I'm not really assuming things. I have seen some bronies who despise Celestia with a burning passion. Which is what this topic was namely talking about.

@@Circadian

Nah, I'm not a hipster. Just kind of annoying seeing nearly every brony I see obsessed with a character like Luna.  -_-

• Brohoof 1

Nah, I'm not a hipster. Just kind of annoying seeing nearly every brony I see obsessed with a character like Luna. 

I like Celestia too. She's the Dumbledore of MLP.

I think that a lot of people like Luna because they think they can relate to her. I.E. She's an awkward introvert outcast who never sees the light of day and expects the world to make her feel better about herself instead of trying to build up her own confidence by going out and experiencing stuff.

NOT. She was never awkward. She's a highly trained figure in Equestrian politics but has fallen hopelessly out of touch after that grudge match with her sister. 

• Brohoof 5

I really don't think all of the bronies who make fun of Celestia hate her. Like me for instance. If you went purely on what I say about her, you'd think I really don't like her. I call her a troll, boring, and say she can't defend her own kingdom. But honestly, I love her! She's not my favorite princess, but I don't hate her. I tease her because I like her so much, and because I'm trying to make her more interesting in my eyes, mostly because they haven't given her much character development at all.

She does have a really cool design, but I like the darker color schemes better, which is why I like Luna more. Also, Celestia doesn't have much conflict as a character, rather like Applejack. Luna is socially awkward, and has to convince the general public that she is good again. That is a wonderful conflict, which is why Luna is my favorite princess. But Celestia is really awesome. She's kind, honest, and everything you'd want in a ruler.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't think people hate her. I think some people may be annoyed by a lack of development or understanding of motives on her end, but I think it's mostly people have a good ol' goofy time at the expense of Princess Solar-Butt.

She's the Dumbledore of MLP.

Pretty much. Now that Twilight is on the same level as her, I expect a Deathly Hallows-esque exploration of her motivations and her mindset.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 3

I personally think she is pretty cool, so not everyone hates her, but I think I know why. She does play 'god' a lot in the series, and it makes her look a little too controlling. I think some ponies may not like that about her.

• Brohoof 1

I love Princess Celestia and she's my favorite princess. She's smart and mostly everything I like in a character. Plus she has an awesome mane.

As for the hate, I think most people aren't being serious. However, there is bound to be people who don't like certain characters for whatever reason

• Brohoof 1

I don't hate Celestia. I do think more development would be amazing and awesome - but I certainly don't hate her.

She's a nice character, but of all of them, she's the most predictable. Besides Discord. Discord, you always know is going to spread chaos in some totally awesome and insanely overpowered way. But he's still lovable.

• Brohoof 1

I don't hate Celestia because she sent Luna ON THE MOOOOOOOON. I hate her because she never shows some balls. The only time she did was in "A Canterlot Wedding" and that was probably because the writers went like "Everybody thinks that Celestia  is a troll so let's make her fight Chrysalis and  lose against her for no reason!"

@@Zygen

Just kind of odd how she seems to have the most jokes circled around her than any other character is what I meant. And most of which aren't positive. :P

@

I'm not really assuming things. I have seen some bronies who despise Celestia with a burning passion. Which is what this topic was namely talking about.

@@Circadian

Nah, I'm not a hipster. Just kind of annoying seeing nearly every brony I see obsessed with a character like Luna.  -_-

Eh, well I suppose that it sucks to have your favorite characters bagged on, so I understand your feelings, but you kinda have to try and not take any offensive towards it or anything, most of it isn't really aimed at hating her.

But I understand the feeling, I don't like when people talk bad about Fluttershy, and that happens before, but I just try and respect their opinions a not take any personal offense or anything to it.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think 'hate' is the appropriate word. I don't think 'most' bronies 'hate' her, or even dislike her. It may seem that way from the following two major factors, but I don't think it's as cut and dry as hate.

-Celestia has lots of troll memes because of how regal she is

-On top of that, her sister Luna has an utterly bloated fanbase that, ironically, overshadows Celestia just as Celestia's sun did with Luna's moon.

Less popular than Luna, and lots of memes depicting her as her opposite may make it seem like she's disliked in the fanbase's content quite frequently, but I'm sure most bronies, when asked seriously, would say they either like her, or are of no preference with her.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I don't hate her either.. that said, I do have issues on her leadership abilities

Well we all know that Twilight is princess in training but there have been many moments that as a ruler/leader that should have followed threw with... and don't get me started with "lesson zero"

Honestly she's okay by me. But I do feel that, and I've said this time and again, Celestia is loosing her powers *my head canon* and to me that's the most logical reason why she does some of the things she does.

Edited by Argumedies
  • Brohoof 2

I don't hate Celestia at all but, but the thing is she is less popular than Luna and I think I don't like Celestia because even though she analyzes a lot of facts by saying inspiration speeches and very good at mentoring. But, I think that she is too lenient and too nice even though Luna is well the opposite of her. That is the only problem I have with Celestia.

(edited)

Most of the Trollestia and Molestia memes are jokes and are not meant to be taken even remotely seriously. I don't hate Celestia one bit or even dislike her but I do prefer Luna and Cadence (especially Luna) because I find them to be more interesting than Celestia which is the main reason why Cadence and Luna are more popular than Celestia. Celestia has a great deal of potential as a character but so far we have seen very little of Celestia outside of her roles as ruler and mentor but the good news is with twilicorn there is a good chance we may see more of Celestia the pony as well as more of Cadence and Luna.

Cadence is more popular because despite being a princess she has that sort of girl next door feel to her that appeals to alot of people though there are some people who think she a bit of a Mary Sue but even so I have not seen much strong hatred toward her either. Luna is more popular because her fall to Nightmare Moon and her struggles to fit into modern mainstream pony society after her redemption make her a very relatable and interesting character to many people including me. A redemption story if done right is extremely powerful and can appeal to people desire to forgive as well as make them sympathize with the character because of the recognition that none of us are perfect.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 2

Well for me its just that I love ponies that don't get much love, and Princess Luna doesn't. Also I don't like Celestia because in Sweet and Elite she completely ignored the acne covered bellboy stallion who was practically crumpling underneath all of Rarity's luggage. Also because Celestia just seems to rule and decide things by herself (like when she was looking at that book in the end of Season 2 (or was it the beginning of season 3) and she was like "I think she's ready" and Luna was like "Are you sure" and obviously, Celestia did not care about her opinion because she went on and did it anyway. >.>

I don't hate Celestia. Quite the opposite actually. She's one of my favorite characters. I think the reason people dislike her is because she banished her sister. In defense she was the harbinger of the pocalypse. So in defense, that must have been harder on her. Sending her away must have been traumatic for her. But since they haven't gone that deep into the subject, it has been left to speculation. And from there, people have asumed the worst.

• Brohoof 2