Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do some bronies seem to hate Princess Celestia?

Moonlight

• 1 month later...

Here is my Opinion :

I hate Celestia for following Reasons :

- Almost never appears to help anybody.

- Banishing her Sister to the Moon, instead of...i dont know, use the Elements of Harmony to turn her back, talk to her or maybe ask her, why she is evil and find like a way, that both Princesses are happy?

I mean, as far as my small understanding and knowledge for the show goes, Luna got angry at Celestia, for not getting enough Attention for her Powers.

Isnt it really that much to ask, that Celestia would actually watch out for Luna, would notice that she is sad or offering her a Solution, by giving her a party or something, where everyone celebrates Luna?

No, she does nothing and when Luna has a mental breakdown and wants to destroy the whole world, instead of trying to solve the Problem, like a Family should do, she just banishes her sister for 1000 years ( THOUSAND YEARS ) to the moon.

1000 years alone. Probably starving to death.

And that all, just because she wanted more attention and felt that the situation was unfair?

Celestia seems, that she didnt even wanted to solve the problem with Luna.She just banished her. And if i were Luna, i would still hate Celestia,i would never forgive her.

But other than that, i dont think people hate Celestia when their make Blogs like Trollestia or Molestia.

Making fanwork or parodys of a Character, often means, that those People like the character.  :)

Thats my Opinion. By the way, havent watched that many Episodes so, sorry if i told or understood something wrong.  :please:

Edited by Dune_Rarity

No, she does nothing and when Luna has a mental breakdown and wants to destroy the whole world, instead of trying to solve the Problem, like a Family should do, she just banishes her sister for 1000 years ( THOUSAND YEARS ) to the moon. 1000 years alone. Probably starving to death.

And that all, just because she wanted more attention and felt that the situation was unfair?

1. Princess Luna took her envy way too far. In a fit of jealous rage, she bullied the sun away. By doing so, every single life in Equestria was threatened; without sunlight, how can they grow crops?
  2. Luna was never sent to the moon. Her soul was sealed inside the moon. A thousand years passed, but for NMM, it felt like only a day had gone.

Celestia had every reason to defend Equestria and seal Luna.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 3

It's his opinion though....

I can understand why some people would hate a character because of it's fanbase, maybe it was the fanbase that made Celestia overrated......who knows, that might even be the reason why twilightfan doesn't like her...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and as for the topic......hmmmm.....Well she's kinda mainstream, you know....being the princess of equestria and all...that could be why certain people hate her :P

Manestream ;)

In my opinion I think the troll and molestia parts are jokes. I think most find Luna to be funnier than her counterpart. I like Luna more, but I do have a mutual respect for Celestia. I do think she sent Luna out of panic and having to act quickly. But if Celestia used the elements of harmony to send Luna to the moon, and the mane 6 used the elements to set Luna free instead, I think it wasnt all that unnecessary to send Luna to the moon in the first place. But of course if that happened then the mane 6 would never have been friends. Which means twilight would still be caught up in their studies. And the other characters would be living normal lives which means mlp would never have existed and then the bronies would never have existed. Oops I went on ranting again with my dumb theory. But everything I said is in my opinion and if you think differently that's fine.

• 2 years later...

Bronies don't always hate Princess Celestia they can hate other characters too Like I know some Bronies who don't like Starlight Glimmer or Trixie and I hear a lot of fans didn't like it when Twilight got wings and I'm sure there's Bronies who don't like certain members of the Mane six it just depends on the person I love My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic I don't hate or Dislike any characters on the show I didn't even care when Twilight got wings the only this I dislike about the show is I think the Mane 6 should of had their Special Somepony by now but I hear the Show Staff don't want the mane 6 to have boyfriends which I think is Kind of Stupid but like they say Hasbro doesn't really care about the community Hasbro doesn't really care about what fans think or want they just go along with what they want to do no matter what we do Which I think is selfish and stupid of them sometimes I kind of feel like Hasbro takes us for granted so If I were to guess the Mane 6 are going the stay single till the show comes to an end 

But I like Celestia so far there's not a character I've hated or Disliked 

Besides the generic "different people have different tastes" answer, there's actually a very specific gripe in Celestia's case: her lack of utility. While I personally don't find issue with it (I think a lot of our greater plots wouldn't be able to happen without side-lining her to some degree), others are bothered by how often she doesn't contribute to the solution, and even when she attempts to she's often overcome.

I don't hate her, she's my third favorite.

its just we have the choice between the divine goddess, the realistic hero, the friend we've all come to know and love, and merchandise (jk I love Cadence to)

its just I connect to Luna's pain, and Twilight is Twilight

Beccause she banished her sister to the moon in order to stop her from killing everyone and that somehow makes her a horrible pony in the eyes of the mostly idiotic Luna fanbase. No offense but "willfully ignorant" is to nice a term for some of those Luna fanatics.

• 4 years later...

I'm seriously not aware of any hate and I don't hate her either. :)

I don't like how Celestia treats her sister sometimes. In the episode Between Dark and Dawn, Luna was absolutely fantastic! She was so happy when she received her 80s make up, she looked so beautiful and happy, but Celestia was so reckless and ruined it afterwards. Then Luna was so excited in the post office! But Celestia was only annoyed and impatient. Celestia even forced her to leave the opera earlier, Luna really wanted to see it. Or the way she removed those spikey things from Luna's butt.

And Celestia becomes more sneaky in later seasons too and even psychologically manipulative.

Thinking about it, Celestia is usually a very nice character - as long she is not together with her sister. But when they are together, she tends to display her worst traits. There are many more examples, but you get the idea. But I think it make sense. Nightmare Moon wouldn't have happened if Celestia was a more warm and caring sister. Celestia is not a genuine character, most of her is just the act. After experiencing all of it, it wouldn't surprise me if she planned it all from the beginning to make Twilight the ruler, so she can retire.

But all of this makes Celestia a fantastic character with a lot of depth. She is an excellent written character. She is a character you need to have a lot of respect for. Things need to go her way. :fluttershy:

It is because she is seen as a mass manipulator. The main characters are being controlled by her puppet strings, or at least it appears that way. Her actual amount of influence in fate is unknown. She did impact a lot of things, but unlike most people suspect, she didn't control everything. The task would be impossible.

• Brohoof 1