Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do some bronies seem to hate Princess Celestia?

Moonlight

• 11 months later...

I don't hate Celestia at all. In the show, I wish she got some more screen time so we could know her more, because I would love to see that. She's a much more developed character in the comics. In fact, read her Micro series issue. That issue was awesome. :D

• Brohoof 1

I don't hate Celestia at all. In the show, I wish she got some more screen time so we could know her more, because I would love to see that. She's a much more developed character in the comics. In fact, read her Micro series issue. That issue was awesome. :D

Take a personal opinion of mine to add, the Celestia comics are great and definitely worth of your time :D Just avoid the reflections arc however.

(edited)

There really isn't a ton of hate for Celestia, but everybody seems to pity Luna more. Personally, I love Luna, but I sympathize more with Celestia. I'm not saying that the majority of Luna fans love her because they pity her, but you know what I mean. >.<

Edited by Peachie Buttbutton

(edited)

in b4 Kel Grym

She ate my cake!

Actually, I don't believe that there is a lot of Celestia hate. What happened is that her archetype was primed and ready for parody that many of us found humorous. Some joked that she was a troll because she would make Twilight constantly go through these trials when she had the answers all along. Some played of the fact that people in power are to be feared and adopted that with Celestia. Others are just fun goofs. Fans used history and good natured ribbing at a character who is presented as a kind and wise leader.

Celestia Banana Banishment

Trollestia

MLP Solar Empire

All of that is just in good fun.

Then there are those like me, who see the character as flawed, like many of the other characters. She may be a wise ruler ... but she has been known to be wrong from time to time. No hate stems from that, just the idea that no character in this series is perfect. None.

Except Rarity

Edited by Jeric
  • Brohoof 2

Take a personal opinion of mine to add, the Celestia comics are great and definitely worth of your time :D Just avoid the reflections arc however.

Avoid the reflections arc? It's one of the most fun and interesting arcs of the comics :\

I don't hate Celestia, but I think a lot of people don't like her because she sent Luna to the moon, and everyone loves Luna.  :P

What many forget is that Celestia had to live for a very long time with the guilt that she had to send Luna to the moon.

She had no other choice at the moment, but still, i bet she looked for thousand years, every night at the night sky and asked herself if she could have done something to prevent that the events unfolded like they did.

I think if Luna deserves someones sympathy because she was banished for so long, Celestia deserves as much, if not more sympathy because she had to live with the guilt.

I find Celestias fate way more tragic then Lunas.

• Brohoof 8

(edited)

I don't hate Celestia.

TCB Celestia however... I hate her with the heat of a thousands suns.

I thought the comics Celestia was fine till the reflections arc came....

Avoid the reflections arc? It's one of the most fun and interesting arcs of the comics :\

I have many reasons for me to detest it in my blog reviews of it under the comics section. Edited by Nuke87654

What many forget is that Celestia had to live for a very long time with the guilt that she had to send Luna to the moon.

She had no other choice at the moment, but still, i bet she looked for thousand years, every night at the night sky and asked herself if she could have done something to prevent that the events unfolded like they did.

I think if Luna deserves someones sympathy because she was banished for so long, Celestia deserves as much, if not more sympathy because she had to live with the guilt.

I find Celestias fate way more tragic then Lunas.

Wow, you've spoken my mind exactly :o I sympathised with her far more than Luna in this instance, you could see her reluctance to fight and the pain it caused her when she knew what she was going to do. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1iZVO4bzvU

(edited)

Celestia was mean to my wife she could have explained why the ponys love the day more then the night. But she never did my wife wanted to have two rulers but celestia was shelfish. Because of this my wife turned to nightmare moon. My wife is the better princess.

Edited by luna831
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not sure if she is hated, but if she is, it's because she is a "know-it-all but won't do anything type character.  I think this has to do with the balance of power and mentor-ship.

Twilight and her friends are the power-horses of the show.

Celestia SEEMS like she should be powerful, and she is . . to a point.  But in a one to one beat 'em down, I think that she's not as powerful as Shining armor or Twily. 

On the other hand, I don't think beat 'em up is the source of Equestria's power.  (even if it's not THE most powerful state its one of the most powerful [say a Japan or Germany on modern life] and it does have a lot of some type of power)

Celestia was mean to my wife she could have explained why the ponys love the day more then the night. But she never did my wife wanted to have two rulers but celestia was shelfish. Because of this my wife turned to nightmare moon. My wife is the better princess.

Poe's law is in effect for me after I've finished reading this statement.

• Brohoof 2

I don't dislike Celesta,again,she's being controlled by a higher power and its not her fault she comes off as less than wise in the show at times.

I don't read the comics so i wont comment of Celestia in those. 

in b4 Kel Grym

Then there are those like me, who see the character as flawed, like many of the other characters. She may be a wise ruler ... but she has been known to be wrong from time to time. No hate stems from that, just the idea that no character in this series is perfect. None.

Except Rarity

I don't dislike Celesta,again,she's being controlled by a higher power ...

Nu-uh.

Celestia SEEMS like she should be powerful, and she is . . to a point.  But in a one to one beat 'em down, I think that she's not as powerful as Shining armor or Twily. 

Blasphemy.

*Jots another name down on the ever growing list of heretics*

• Brohoof 2

It has come to my attention that there seems to be a severe lack of appreciation for Celestia on these threads, which I believe stems from a complete misunderstanding of a dynamic character that seems to completely fly over everyone's head.

I am making this thread to answer any questions or issues you might be having with accepting Celestia as your one true best pony princess.

Come, and let us reason together like mature adults and get to the bottom of these distressing issues.

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

I don't think anyone really hates Celestia. A lot of people like the other princesses more, including myself, but that doesn't mean we hate her.

Edited by Frostgage

wait who hates Celestia she is basically God who said they hated her

Sorry for the late response, but the ones who hate her are generally the extremist side of the Luna fandom who will try to find ways to justify Luna's actions in becoming Nightmare Moon, usually involving of how Celestia wasn't being a good sister for her despite making at least one attempt to help mend their relation before Celestia went off on her selfish trip to AU verse with AU Sombra, only for Luna to refuse the aid because she wanted to wallow in her own self misery without interruption.

• Brohoof 2