Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do some bronies seem to hate Princess Celestia?

Moonlight

How in Equestria can somepony don’t like Celestia?.. Our most great, beautiful, and majestic princess!

• Brohoof 1

Want if Celestia's pee taste like Sunny D?

agoyc.jpg

Add one more to the meme pile.

I'm sorry Celestia, for even having a best pony AT ALL.

Celestia will forgive you, so long as your Best Pony is Celestia.

celestia is by far the shittiest character in the show, but i like her because of the fanon

Celestia has not been treated right in canon, but that does not make her the shittest character of the show.

You sir, are incorrect.

Objectively incorrect.

This isn't even an opinion, but an indisputable fact that can be proven mathematically.

How in Equestria can somepony don’t like Celestia?.. Our most great, beautiful, and majestic princess!

image.png

Remember back in the MLPF World Cup I said "I don't know what to expect from this guy, I don't know if he is being serious or sarcastic?" Well I now know what to expect from you, just from this one post :P

yckj8kKcE.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

I don't have a best pony though. only best penguin.

Well, I believe that, at the very least, we can agree that without a shadow of a doubt that penguins are most definitely not ponies.

Well....I like Celestia and all but it can't change that Luna is still my favorite pony

All very well and good.

What exactly is it that draws you to Luna more than Celestia?

It's not her dark tragic past, is it?

It's always the dark tragic past.

(edited)

Nope not the dark Tragic Past but (Since it is not canon in the show sadly) When she helped against Nightmare Rarity in the comics

Now personally, from what I know of Nightmare Moon from the comics, her transformation seems to be more due to the influence of the Nightmare forces, rather than her own complete volition as suggested in the show, which kinda takes away from the meaning of her fall.

When her fall comes from outside forces, it makes her character less compelling.

But that's just my opinion.

What is a fact, however, is that in the canon show the whole reason Luna fell was because she wasn't getting enough attention. Petty jealousy and resentment.

Which is why she is not my favorite pony. Maybe if some pony killed her pet bat or something, and that drove her to the dark side, but sadly that was not the case.

Celestia, on the other hoof, had to banish her sister or else the whole world would freeze over from eternal night. A heavy burden for anyone to carry for 1000 years.

So you can see why I have a little more respect towards Celestia than Luna.

To Luna's credit, she got better.

[Edit: still that was nice of Luna to do in the comics]

Edited by Minister KelGrym

Nope not the dark Tragic Past but (Since it is not canon in the show sadly) When she helped against Nightmare Rarity in the comics
The comics are canon enough for me to use, and the books as well... The Journal of the Two Sisters: The Official Chronicles of Princesses Celestia and Luna by by Amy Keating Rogers*.

journalofthetwosisters_cover_2281.jpg
*Recommended for all fans of the Celestial Sisters
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

(My opinions are formed from the show, the only source I am yet familiar with)

I love Celestia, I think her struggle vs Luna is often interpreted in a manner unfavourable to Celestia. However, she didn't wish to fight Luna/NM, even when NM attacked her first instinct was to flee and avoid the confrontation. Its only when NM strikes her with all her force that Celestia reluctantly fights back, with tears in her eyes. :( If Celestia was doing the wrong thing, she surely wouldn't have been able to use the Elements in her fight?  Celestia even says it herself if I recall correctly, that whilst everypony celebrates the Summer Sun Celebration, it is a painful reminder of her banishment of her sister. 

That may have come out as a rant, but yeah...

i love Celestia  :wub:  :wub: Princess_Celestia_reunite_with_my_sister

Edited by Guest

Actually, to be completely and utterly fair to Luna, sometimes the strongest characters are the ones who suffered a fall for the most immature reasons, and find their way back to redemption.

However, if the show did something to show this process of maturation on Luna's part, she might have been my preferred princess.

But instead she just got shot with rainbows and suddenly was redeemed.

The utter lack of character development from point A to B was hugely disappointing.

• Brohoof 1

Actually, to be completely and utterly fair to Luna, sometimes the strongest characters are the ones who suffered a fall for the most immature reasons, and find their way back to redemption.

However, if the show did something to show this process of maturation on Luna's part, she might have been my preferred princess.

But instead she just got shot with rainbows and suddenly was redeemed.

The utter lack of character development from point A to B was hugely disappointing.

That's why I like the comic version of Luna more than the TV show's, because where we get basically 1 episode of Luna & some cameos in the show, in the comics she has her own micro, helps defeat Nightmare Rarity, & is seen outside of her princess role during Big Mac's arch where she is going around having fun & just enjoying herself, giving her a bit more character than what the show did, which was just;

"I'm sad!"

"Why are you sad?"

"Because no one likes me!"

"Why does no one like you?"

"Because I tried to summon an eternal night that would plague the land forever & probably proceed the apocalypse due to no food from a lack of sunlight for plants to produce photosynthesis & grow & I did all this because I was jelly of my big sister with the multi-sherbert colored hair!"

"...Well that explains a lot."

• Brohoof 1

Celestia has always been one of my favorite characters in the show. A bit bummed out she didn't get more appearances in Season 4, I was really hoping for a Celestia episode, but at least she got great moments in the season opening and finale. 

• Brohoof 1

Also, for those who think of Celestia as a 'Mary Sue' etc.

Just remember, she's just like us:

celestia___guilty_pleasure_by_santafer-d

That's why I like the comic version of Luna more than the TV show's, because where we get basically 1 episode of Luna & some cameos in the show, in the comics she has her own micro, helps defeat Nightmare Rarity, & is seen outside of her princess role during Big Mac's arch where she is going around having fun & just enjoying herself, giving her a bit more character than what the show did, which was just;

"I'm sad!"

"Why are you sad?"

"Because no one likes me!"

"Why does no one like you?"

"Because I tried to summon an eternal night that would plague the land forever & probably proceed the apocalypse due to no food from a lack of sunlight for plants to produce photosynthesis & grow & I did all this because I was jelly of my big sister with the multi-sherbert colored hair!"

"...Well that explains a lot."

Yes, I can see...

Hey, wait a moment!

This is suppose to be a Celestia apologetics thread, not a Luna apologetics thread!

I've been tricked. :okiedokielokie:

Celestia has always been one of my favorite characters in the show. A bit bummed out she didn't get more appearances in Season 4, I was really hoping for a Celestia episode, but at least she got great moments in the season opening and finale. 

Yes, Celestia was a brilliant tactical genius, feigning her fear of Tirek, and willfully parting with a fraction of her power, so that Twilight could fight Tirek.

Even more a cunning genius to send Discord out, knowing that he would be lured to the dark side again, knowing that it was a necessary step for him to finally be completely redeemed, once he realized the folly of his ways.

Yes, I can see...

Hey, wait a moment!

This is suppose to be a Celestia apologetics thread, not a Luna apologetics thread!

I've been tricked. :okiedokielokie:

Hehe  ;)

Ok ok, here, I'll say this about Celestia; I do find her funny & interesting, I just don't like the show's take on her because she never gets enough attention to make me get invested in her. If the show was willing to dedicate more time to her I feel she could be a great character & shoot up on my fav ponies list, but for now she is really low due to lack of attention she gets. Hopefully soon this will be rectified & I will be able to cross out this thread & instead put "I love Celestia" here instead, but for now she just doesn't have enough time dedicated to see what she can do other than be funny while messing with the Cakes

• Brohoof 1

Hehe  ;)

Ok ok, here, I'll say this about Celestia; I do find her funny & interesting, I just don't like the show's take on her because she never gets enough attention to make me get invested in her. If the show was willing to dedicate more time to her I feel she could be a great character & shoot up on my fav ponies list, but for now she is really low due to lack of attention she gets. Hopefully soon this will be rectified & I will be able to cross out this thread & instead put "I love Celestia" here instead, but for now she just doesn't have enough time dedicated to see what she can do other than be funny while messing with the Cakes

Tis true, she does not get nearly as much screen time as she rightfully deserves.

But come on, you got to give her credit for this:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Celestia was mean to my wife she could have explained why the ponys love the day more then the night. But she never did my wife wanted to have two rulers but celestia was shelfish. Because of this my wife turned to nightmare moon. My wife is the better princess.

Edited by luna831

I never seen any hate of Princess Celestia, nor would I want to delve into the reasons why people would. It's not healthy at all towards my liking of her, I like Princess Celestia, I personally don't care if others don't.

(edited)

Celestia has not been treated right in canon, but that does not make her the shittest character of the show.

You sir, are incorrect.

Objectively incorrect.

This isn't even an opinion, but an indisputable fact that can be proven mathematically.

it is a fact that she is the shittiest,non-background character of the show.

she literally does nothing except show up at the end of an episode to say something like"i see you have learned a valuable lesson and shit, good for you twilight,im gonna take my leave now"

how am i incorrect?

Edited by Sceethe

it is a fact that she is the shittiest,non-background character of the show.

she literally does nothing except show up at the end of an episode to say something like"i see you have learned a valuable lesson and shit, good for you twilight,im gonna take my leave now"

how am i incorrect?

maxresdefault.jpg

Celestia in a Banana costume.

Your argument is invalid.

I rest my case.

• Brohoof 1

Also my absolute favorite character when it comes to making PMV's. There's just something I find so fascinating about her. Beautiful, strong, caring, regal on the outside. Inside, someone who's carried the burden of living and ruling for thousands of years. How many battles have she fought over the years, with her enemies, with herself? Still a very mysterious character to me, but that's what I like. It also makes her motherly relationship to Twilight that much more special to me

• Brohoof 1

Also my absolute favorite character when it comes to making PMV's. There's just something I find so fascinating about her. Beautiful, strong, caring, regal on the outside. Inside, someone who's carried the burden of living and ruling for thousands of years. How many battles have she fought over the years, with her enemies, with herself? Still a very mysterious character to me, but that's what I like. It also makes her motherly relationship to Twilight that much more special to me

Momlestia is Bestlestia.

One of the reasons I like Celestia so much is this side of her that gets shown better in fanfiction that in canon.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/102315/a-moment-in-the-sunlight