Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you change your username/avatar

NothingIsEverything

(Slightly inspired by WheatlyCore)

I'm just curious how often you change your username/avatar. I change my avatar about once a week, but my username I don't change untill about a month, month and a half later. I used to go by the name The Philosopher. My username I pick after Death songs. :)

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

Lol...sometimes I change it like 10 times a day, and sometimes I keep it for a while if I really like it. I used to try to keep the same avatar for a while, but now, I've just found so many ones that I like, that I can't help but change my avatar all the time lol

In terms of username, I like this current one, so I haven't changed it in a while.

Edited by Champion RD92
  • Brohoof 5

I have had this username for months now and I don't really plan on switching it out for a new one. Avatar-wise, I change quite a lot. Usually, I try putting .gifs or images as my profile picture only to figure out that it's too big, which means I have to get another one. That's how it usually goes for me. 

post-15132-0-27198800-1374450841.gif

• Brohoof 5

I rarely change my screen name, save for special occasions such as April Fool's Day.  I don't want everyone to have to guess who I am all the time. 

My avatar, on the other hand, I change that much more often.  Sometimes I'll use another pegasus or even a non-pegasus in my avvie.  But I can never stay away from my beloved Fluttershy for long.  :wub:

I can't wait for Art Streak, Soundgarden, and DashForever to chime in. 

• Brohoof 2

I change my avatar about every two weeks. As for username, I like to add silly little additions to my name (Mayor, Sir. Sgt., Dr., etc.) every now and again, but I only keep those additions for about a week.

• Brohoof 1

Rarely. I originally started as Discordian with this avatar but after seeing a picture of Rarity "cosplaying" as Bayonetta I changed to Raronetta with that picture as my avatar. Not long after that there was the whole -oop fiasco so I changed to Raronoopa.

I had initially intended to keep my username and password like that until I actually got the game Bayonetta. I still don't have it and wanted to go back to my original state. (There was a short time period where I wen to my usual internet name but it didn't seem to fit in with the forum at all and no one recognized me!)

So now I have two major names people know me as: Discordian, my original username, and Raronoopa, that I used for so long people got so used to it. Most people call me Discordian but there's still a few that call me Raro or Raron.

I need to see if I can get a fitting sig to complete the ensemble but for now I'm good with what I have.

I have no intention of ever changing my username again and probably not the avatar either cuz I really like this one. Even if I didn't create it I feel it adds a face to my name and people will know me because of it.

(edited)

I have only changed my username once and it will stay what it is. I find it incredibly annoying when people constantly change their usernames, mainly because it is hard to keep track of who is who. Plus, I just don't really see the point. Same with avatars, though that is a bit less annoying. I still don't see the point of changing that every 5 minutes. Do whatever you want I guess, but I just find it a bit pointless. That is why I try not to change my avatar/sig very often.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 5

I've never changed my username. Some ideas have come to mind, but I dunno. Maybe I'll change my name someday, but as of now I have no plans to. As for my avatar, I like to change that every once in a while. I love the fresh feeling you get when you update your profile picture :)

• Brohoof 1

I don't change my avatar often and I probably won't change my username (unless I shorten it) because I feel that changing a lot doesn't allow you to become known in the community if your changing all the time no body really remembers that, but if you are something that has been a constant then people tend to remember that more often.

• Brohoof 1

I never change my username because it makes me feel so unique from everyone. Changing it would just ruin it's charm in my opinion. As for the avatar, I don't change it often. I will only change my avatar when I get bored with the current one or when I find one that just looks perfect to use.

• Brohoof 1

I have only changed my username once and it will stay what it is. I find it incredibly when people constantly change their usernames, mainly because it is hard to keep track of who is who. Plus, I just don't really see the point. Same with avatars, though that is a bit less annoying. I still don't see the point of changing that every 5 minutes. Do whatever you I guess, but I just find it a bit pointless. That is why I try not to change my avatar/sig very often.

I think in most cases the people who change constantly are following some sort of meme or inside joke like the ~Chaotic/Lawful/Neutral <username>~ or -oop trends.

I keep the same username all the time, I only change when there's some sort of funny thing going on that requires me to change my username. Keep the same username and people will know who you are.

I change my avatar every now and then. (Which is like every 2nd month or something like that, maybe less)

I changed my username a lot of times ever since I joined, as for my avatars I've changed them so much that I think I beat DashForever in the changing too many avatars contest. :P

(edited)

I have not changed my username once and never will; too many people here know me by the Batbrony moniker at this point that it'd just be too confusing if I did change it at this point. Plus I've always been happy with my username and never felt the need to change it.

However, that's not too uncommon for users on these forums. What IS uncommon is how little I've changed my avatar. Since joining the forums in April 2012 I've changed my avatar a grand total of two times: once to partake in the avatar head tilt thread, and another time shortly thereafter to partake in Chaotic Discord's Navel Revolution. Other than that, I've always retained my Derp Knight avatar, which I guess is pretty rare for some of the users like me who've been around this long now that I think about it. Ah well, I'll keep utilizing this avvie with pride; after all, I am the Batbrony! BD

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

Well I have like almost never changed my username, I did like once for like a couple hours to screw around, then I went back to this because well the other was just a joke lol.

I think my username is fine though.

As for avatar changing, I've changed mine like 3 times I think. So like that would make it once every like 4 months or so.

I don't change my avatar a whole ton though, i can't remember the last time I changed it frankly. I'm just giving random estimates.

• Brohoof 1

Avatar - not as much as people like RD92 or DF, but I still like to alternate from time to time. The interval between changing is quicker if I'm less satisfied with a certain avatar. I love my current one and don't plan on changing it for a while; I only really end up switching from an avatar I like just for the sake of freshening things up a bit.

• Brohoof 2

I've only changed my username a handful of times, and I'm pretty sure I've been Cellozoid for more than a year. Save an occasion or two where I swapped Cello with something else. Octavia's Cello just fits me so well~ it's what I use everywhere, now.

My avatar is a different story. When I first joined, I changed it a lot. Last late summer/fall through December I stuck to pictures of Octavia, and I only changed it once or twice. I've been changing it more often since February, though, using the same one for a while then changing it.

• Brohoof 1

I have only changed my username once and it will stay what it is. I find it incredibly when people constantly change their usernames, mainly because it is hard to keep track of who is who. Plus, I just don't really see the point. Same with avatars, though that is a bit less annoying. I still don't see the point of changing that every 5 minutes. Do whatever you I guess, but I just find it a bit pointless. That is why I try not to change my avatar/sig very often.

This, pretty much. I don't like how users here can change their names three times in a thirty-day period. Once every six months would be more reasonable.

I don't ever plan on changing me username—been the same since the day I joined.

As for my avatar, I usually change it once every few months. I tend to have a hard time choosing what I want to use for it.

• Brohoof 2

Username: I only change it to forms of Dusty Soul usually adding words.  I once changed it to Sharp Staccato, but that was short lived.  I don't plan on changing it unless something happens.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've never changed my username and I don't plan on changing it ever.

For my avatar I've changed that about three times I think. so I change it maybe once every four months or so.

Edited by Jalaton

I've only changed my name twice (not including my recent little "addition") since I've joined and I don't plan on changing it to anything else. That is, unless something drastic happens that I feel a username change will be suitable. Lugia, itself is quite a difficult name to get in many places so I'm quite pleased with the fact that I was able to change my username to it.

I tend to rotate my avatars frequently, but not SO often. Though, sometimes it's kind of hard to actually find suitable pictures that I actually would like to use as avatars, or ones that I'd like to make INTO avatars.

• Brohoof 2

I've only changed my name once so far, and I don't plan on changing it again unless some random forum activity that involves changing your name to something else takes place, but even still I would try to keep modifications at a minimum so I would still be recognizable as Sir Lunashy. :P

I change my avatar somewhat often, perhaps every two weeks or so, depending on whether or not I feel like making a new one.

(edited)

I can't wait for Art Streak, Soundgarden, and DashForever to chime in. 

I'm going to change my username every 10 days. You'll never know who I am!

I change my avatar once or twice per username, which is about every 5 or 10 days.

How to tell what username Art Streak/Surprise/Megamare is going by this week

• She'll be a member you don't recognize with a decent amount of posts
  • She'll have a signature shop link in her signature

Edited by Art Streak
  • Brohoof 2