Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you change your username/avatar

NothingIsEverything

I change my username quite a bit. Sure I've returned to my original one, because I just love it so much, but I have gone by so many names now it's crazy...

post-4766-0-69012900-1372957366_thumb.png

I mean look at that.
I change my avatar when I either make a new one or get bored of the one I am using. I also love to see epic avatars people make, so I am always just asking people to make them if they want to, so I change that quite often.

I can't give an exact number in days wise, because who would be able to. Let's just say I'll change everything when something more new or exciting catches my eye... I doubt I'll be changing my username for awhile though... however avatar it might be every week or so.
  • Brohoof 2

I have only changed my username once and that from the name I use now to Nightwatcher who for those of you who don't know is a vigilante alter ego to Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that appears in one of the more recent movies as well as some of the comics. I change my avatar once every couple of weeks or maybe a month or so, much of it depends on my mood and how much I like avatar. I have also changed my avatar to reflect certain special occasion like I had a Derpy/Dinky avatar for Mothers Day and a filly Rainbow Dash and her dad for Fathers Day for example.

• Brohoof 1

I usually change my avatar depending on my mood. When I first joined, all of my avatars were No More Heroes related, then on occasion I'd have some Rainbow Dash related ones, then sometimes when I'm bored I'd change my name to a character I was listening to in some way(Super Kami Guru DBZ:A, then REGIS MK V from Megas, then Godot from Ace Attorney)and obviously the Godot avatars have stuck so far

1. When I first entered the site, I went by my ol' "Canon is OVERRATED" avatar (black type on a white square), something that I've had in several other places like the SSMB, my LiveJournal, and Fanfiction.
  2. After Obama won the election, I used his "O" logo to commemorate the win before switching it to an updated "Canon…" avatar, but with Myriad Pro instead of Arial.
  3. Then I retired that avatar for my ponysona (link here) to make my handle and picture more identifiable.
  4. For a few months, I retired my ponysona avatar for the pink equal sign on a red background to support same-sex marriage while the U.S. Supreme Court reviewed Proposition 8's and DOMA's constitutionality.
  5. Not long after the Supreme Court ruled on Prop. 8 and DOMA, I revived my ponysona avatar, something you still see today.

Handle: Like my avatar, very rarely. Much more so, to be exact. Since entering this site, I only switched my name once, and that was to celebrate this year's April Fool's Day. During the rest of my time here, though, I've kept my name as is. Changing the name all the time confuses people, and I take my Internet handle with a lot of pride. I don't want anyone continually asking me who I am, and quickly jotting a handle down whenever possible invites unneeded trouble.

I've had essentially the same avatar since the very beginning, and I only had a different username for a very short period of time. I don't really see myself changing any of them in the future.

Ever since I joined secondlife, which was like back in 2006 or so my name been EthanPow eversince... though I some drama that occured I wanted to change my name but I pretty much stick with it.

my avatar I change once a month or so.

I rarely ever change my screen name. I like Blue Moon. I've only changed it twice in my time here. Once from to "Blue_Moon" to "Blue Moon." The second time was for a short period of time, and I just switched to Jirachi for a bit and then switched back. I don't really like changing my screen name. It's makes it confusing for others.

As for avatars, I change those more often, but I still rarely ever change them. I usually just use this Blue Moon one made by @~Chaotic Fireball~ , but I sometimes change it to show fictional characters I like such as Silver Spoon, Kanade, and Bottlecap.

I don't plan to change all that much; I find that it just confuses people (not that I think that many people even recognize me here anyway). I changed it a couple of times but I plan to stick with this name only changing it if I happen to be joining some event or trend going on around the forums.

I think I might be changing my avatar a little too often. I've slowed down recently; now I think I change it after 3+ weeks or so. Gotta change things up every once in a while, you know?

• Brohoof 1

I never change my username, ever, and I doubt I ever will.

As for how often I change my avatar, that varies. Sometimes I get in this huge enthusiastic mood about changing my avatar, and other times I don't think about it at all. But, generally, I probably change my avatar at least once every 1-3 months.

(edited)

I changed both my avatar, and username for the first time today. I gotta say, it's pretty fun changing them up  :lol:

My username went from ReverseFaller to Karkitty, and my Espeon avatar is now Haruhi Suzumiya. 

Edited by Karkitty
  • Brohoof 1

I change my avatar pretty often, sometimes several times a day. I only keep an avatar for a long time if other people seem to like it.

My name, ehhh. Kinda often, kinda not. Usually whenever I think of something. It always uses, "Yes" as a prefix.

Every 2/3 months or so for the avatar, no idea when I'm going to change the username though. I mean, its been the same since 2009, my previous nicks have been:

Patlap (2008)

Waspie (2007)

I change my avatar every now and then but I never change my username! 

I find it so confusing when people change there user names that I have vowed never to do after getting so confused about who people where in the past!

Very rarely. I like being constant, so I can always recognize my posts when scrolling quickly. Also, so other people can recognize me easily, which I suppose is a bit egotistical, but whatever.

Even when I do change my name or avatar, it almost always includes stuff from previous ones. I might add something to "Evilshy", or change it to some play on Evilshy. My avatar changes are usually either an alteration of my normal avatar, or are a different picture of Fluttershy being evil, or at least not nice. If I'm changing one or the other radically, I leave the other as is so my posts are still easily rewcognized.

The only time I changed both was when I was Gordon Freeman during the Aperture Science Takeover of the site.

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't change my username, because I find it makes things confusing, and as I'm still fairly new here, I'm sure most people whould have no idea who I was if I changed it. Plus this username is a modification of the username that's stuck with me for many years now.

As for avatars, I change those more often than some people change their socks. I'm usually making avatars/signatures if I'm bored and so I tend to have a list of new ones to use. It's actually kind of strange for me that I've kept this one for so long. I've been wanting to change it but don't have the heart to, mostly because I've gotten a lot of compliments on it, and I mean come on, it's TACO BELLE!

• Brohoof 1

I've kept the same username (or variations upon it) for 7ish years now, wherever possibly I take the name Lost but my full username is actually ilostmyname :3 Lost was just something quicker to say when playing games.

I rarely change avatars, I tend to pick an avatar for something and keep it the same for years. :P

I've had many, many name changes. I used to have at least three every month. But here are my new stats :

Avatar : Barely ever change it considering the Bioshock/TF2 aweshumnesh I have in my current avatar.

Name : I don't change it much anymore. Due to it often leading confusion as to who I was. xC

A bit of a bump, since I just found out this was a thing. I try not to change my username often, since this is how people know me here and all. I'll change it for special events like April Fools and the ~Chaotic~/~Lawful~ fiasco, but other than that, I try not to. I considered becoming Eternal Rainbow once because I thought it sounded cool, but I decided not to.

As for avatars... :blush: I think my record is something like eleven times in one day. I tend to change based both on my mood and when I see some new piece of art that makes me go "OMIGOSH DO WANT :D" The days where I'm pinballing around are usually days where my mood is all over the place or I'm feeling conflicted about something. I know it's a weird habit, but it's how I deal with junk. Oddly enough, I don't do anything like this on other websites.

It doesn't help that recently I've discovered that making avatars is a lot of fun. I have loads that I'm sure I'll never use due to being non-Dash ponies.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Pretty much never. I might change my avatar at some point. But damn, my username will and shall forever be Dannedanker! No matter what! I've used this bloody username for over 8 years now and I will keep it that way :P

Edited by Dannedanker

I've changed my username a lot of times before, but I currently like being my OC. I love it. :3 I'm also currently happy with this avatar too; it's so adorable. :wub:

• Brohoof 1